PJ Wasn't In Phoenix?

fordronken

Reaction score
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=16883

Noah (Santa Monica, CA): PJ is in Phoenix. Any updates for us?

Marc Stein: (11:16 AM ET ) Yes. The update is that the PJ-is-in-Phoenix story was bogus. He didn't go to Phoenix. He had already received the pitches from the Suns and Mavs and others and is deliberating at home, with no indication when the decision will be announced.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
This is also coming from Marc Stein, so take it for what it's worth.

There wasn't really that much confirmation that he was here, only a report from the local newscast, so who knows. This is getting old real fast though.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
Getting false information about a KG trade is one thing, but we can't even get legitimate information about PJ Brown? Are you kidding me?

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
http://mavs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/08/your_daily_pj_brown_update.html

Your daily P.J. Brown update
Apparently, there is another aging 6-11 post man hanging out in the Valley of the Sun.

Or somebody got their facts wrong.

Or ... something.

Mark Bartelstein, the agent for P.J. Brown, denied Wednesday night in a phone interview that his client spent Tuesday discussing contract and golf courses with Phoenix general manager Steve Kerr. KSAZ-TV, the Fox affiliate in Phoenix, reported Tuesday that Brown had visited the Suns.

"No truth to it," said Bartelstein, who has a reputation for being a fairly straight shooter. "It never happened."

Brown, he said, was with his family in Louisiana pondering his future.

No decision has been made, Bartelstein said. And no visits are planned this week, either, according to the agent.

So, nothing's changed.

Make of that what you will.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Brown, he said, was with his family in Louisiana pondering his future.

I wonder where? Maybe I can stalk him at his house or something and hold up a big "Sign with the Suns" sign. :p

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous and simply dragging on.

PJ is acting like an arrogant behind thinking he is a bonafied veteran superstar like KG when in fact he is a 38-year-old above average talent on the verge of retiring.

If we were talking about millions of dollars and if PJ was a superstar, this would be a different story.

Suns should move on and simply pick up Melvin Ely and/or Skinner.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't PJ see Marion's hair stylist while he was in town? :)

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
This is just ridiculous and simply dragging on.

PJ is acting like an arrogant behind thinking he is a bonafied veteran superstar like KG when in fact he is a 38-year-old above average talent on the verge of retiring.

If we were talking about millions of dollars and if PJ was a superstar, this would be a different story.

Suns should move on and simply pick up Melvin Ely and/or Skinner.

So unless you're a superstar you have to make your mind up quickly? If teams want to move on, guess what? They can. I don't understand how he deserves any of the venom that people on this board have been spitting at him.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So unless you're a superstar you have to make your mind up quickly? If teams want to move on, guess what? They can. I don't understand how he deserves any of the venom that people on this board have been spitting at him.

He doesn't. It's all frustratrion over this process. We don't know what's going on and it is driving us crazy.

At this point, I think it is the Suns or retirement. This piece from Dallas suggests they are not about to get into a bidding war:

http://startelegram.typepad.com

"The bottom line is guys we're talking about," Nelson said, "they are accent pieces. So what you don't want to do is add a piece, a guy that's going to play a support role, and all of a sudden he gets bent out of shape either because of money or attitude or playing time."

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
let PJ pick which team he wants..

the suns should just scout some other bigmen for them to sign

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Or maybe he's just trying to decide whether its worth a couple of more million dollars to miss another year of his kid's childhood.

If I had already made 10s of millions I wouldn't miss a year of my kids life for 1 or 2 more.

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
let PJ pick which team he wants..

the suns should just scout some other bigmen for them to sign

That's the problem. They're not.

Time and time again D'Antoni and Kerr have made it clear that PJ is the guy they are after.

They don't seem to have a plan B.

Or do they??!!

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or maybe he's just trying to decide whether its worth a couple of more million dollars to miss another year of his kid's childhood.

If I had already made 10s of millions I wouldn't miss a year of my kids life for 1 or 2 more.

I'm still hopeful that having a real chance to win a ring will prove decisive. And 44 is wrong. If PJ is signed, he will get rotation minutes in the 10 to 12 range.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The ESPN NBA staff works the phones and chases the latest rumors.