Players Who Stood Out and Others Who Stood Around

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Been saying this since he entered the league. Sure, all QB's at times will put a WR is a compromising position... BUT, Leinart throws soft passes that allow the defenders to close just at the precise time the WR is focused on catching the ball, often times his passes are high which require the WR to stretch/leap, further placing them in serious danger. I made a comment 2 years ago that if Matty becomes the everyday QB, both the careers of Fitz and Q will be seriously cut short...

Totally disagree. Our two top guys make catches that put their careers in jeopardy every Sunday. Especially with the Cards propensity to throw the middle crossing routes and slants. Leaping, twisting, diving catches. They are two of the best ever to play the game and will make any QB look better.

One of them caught over 100 passes thrown by Jeff Blake and Josh McKown!

There was a guy who used to throw soft and often high passes. I cussed him all the time for it. But the guy played in the NFL for almost 20 years and none of his receivers had a shortened career.

The guy was Jim Hart.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
My only complaint of Leinart is that he seems to put his receivers in a position to get massacred when the catch the ball.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I guess it's a good thing that it was Morey who was on the end of most of those hits :p.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Totally disagree. Our two top guys make catches that put their careers in jeopardy every Sunday. Especially with the Cards propensity to throw the middle crossing routes and slants. Leaping, twisting, diving catches. They are two of the best ever to play the game and will make any QB look better.

One of them caught over 100 passes thrown by Jeff Blake and Josh McKown!

There was a guy who used to throw soft and often high passes. I cussed him all the time for it. But the guy played in the NFL for almost 20 years and none of his receivers had a shortened career.

The guy was Jim Hart.

LMAO... If Matty has 1/2 the career of the great Jim Hart, I will be very, very pleasantly surprised!

:thumbup:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LMAO... If Matty has 1/2 the career of the great Jim Hart, I will be very, very pleasantly surprised!

:thumbup:

Did you ever see Jim Hart play? I watched him for years. Leinart reminds me of him a lot. But I hope Matt becomes a much better QB than Hart.

Jim was a good, dependable QB but far from great. His career QB rating is 66.6 and the highest ever was 82 and he had only 4 seasons in his 19 year career where he threw for more TDS than Interceptions. His career completion % is barely over 50%.

I know you have to adjust those numbers for inflation but still he really wasn't that great a QB. He just had the good fortune to play for don coryell for awhile.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Did you ever see Jim Hart play? I watched him for years. Leinart reminds me of him a lot. But I hope Matt becomes a much better QB than Hart.

Jim was a good, dependable QB but far from great. His career QB rating is 66.6 and the highest ever was 82 and he had only 4 seasons in his 19 year career where he threw for more TDS than Interceptions. His career completion % is barely over 50%.

I know you have to adjust those numbers for inflation but still he really wasn't that great a QB. He just had the good fortune to play for don coryell for awhile.

He's still a legend for the Big Red. I was fortunate enough to carry his helmet as a young boy at training camp and meet him at the Super Bowl. He still has that babyface look. I miss those sunny days on the Busch stadium turf and the shootouts they had with Dallas in St. Louis.