Pop thinks Finley to Phoenix

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
http://www.woai.com/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=09083700-FD01-48C1-8B95-84662320163D

Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich joined Ticket 760's Don Harris on The Pop Show on Monday afternoon.

Pop revealed that free agent guard Nick Van Exel is in town meeting with the Spurs and having a physical.

Popovich said that the decision on Van Exel joining the team could come as soon as later today.

Pop also talked about the possibility of signing Michael Finley. Popovich met with Finley in Chicago last week.

Though most pundits believe Finley may be joining the Heat, Popovich said that he believes Finley is more likely to land in Phoenix where he will get more playing time and has a familiarity with Steve Nash and Raja Bell.

Popovich said that if Finley does sign with the Spurs that Devin Brown will not be re-signed.

Stay tuned to Ticket 760 and News4WOAI for more updates on the Spurs free agency situation.

Everything thinks someone else is getting him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sounds like another Popovich mind game to me. He's hoping that the Phoenix faithful will hear him and get their hopes up.

sunsfn

Reaction score
elindholm said:
Sounds like another Popovich mind game to me. He's hoping that the Phoenix faithful will hear him and get their hopes up.

I suppose it could be, but Popovich is a pretty straight shooter and will tell you what he thinks.

That does not mean Finley is coming here, but that is the feeling Popovich must have.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
More likely, he's hoping the Heat brass will hear him and add another year to their contract offer.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I suppose it could be, but Popovich is a pretty straight shooter and will tell you what he thinks.

Uh, yeah...when I think of straight shooters in the NBA, CIA Pop is at the head of the list... :sarcasm:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
Uh, yeah...when I think of straight shooters in the NBA, CIA Pop is at the head of the list... :sarcasm:

I'm with you. I don't believe anything Popovich says.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
I'm with you. I don't believe anything Popovich says.

After LB and Phil, I have to give credit where credit is due. POP is one of the three best coaches in the NBA. I thought after the first title he just lucked into a ring, but over the last couple of seasons, watching the working of the refs (masterful) and his mind games he plays with teams (namely our Suns) he has def. proved to be a good coach. I still hate his a$$, though......

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
After LB and Phil, I have to give credit where credit is due. POP is one of the three best coaches in the NBA. I thought after the first title he just lucked into a ring, but over the last couple of seasons, watching the working of the refs (masterful) and his mind games he plays with teams (namely our Suns) he has def. proved to be a good coach. I still hate his a$$, though......

what are the mind games he has played with the Phoenix Suns? Surely we aren't still talking about a game where Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobilli did not play, and Sarver did his chicken dance.

I think I might take Pops over any other coach in the NBA. In my opinion is every bit as good as Larry Brown or Phil Jackson, and he seems like a great guy. Those other guys are jerks and media ******.

Joe Mama

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
what are the mind games he has played with the Phoenix Suns? Surely we aren't still talking about a game where Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobilli did not play, and Sarver did his chicken dance.

I think I might take Pops over any other coach in the NBA. In my opinion is every bit as good as Larry Brown or Phil Jackson, and he seems like a great guy. Those other guys are jerks and media ******.

Joe Mama

hey Joe is this rebutt everything "AZ finest says Week"...i know you were upset with me over scotsmans post on Finley, but get over it...:thumbup:

As to the aftermentioned post, i WAS referring to that particular instance, but also in interviews and press confrences while playing the Lakers in the playoffs....whoever he sees as a primary rival, he tries to get in their head....its what all great coachs (esp. Jackson and Riley) do, in that they use the media as THEIR ******.....

To this day I believe Duncan and floppy did'nt play in that game for the upcoming mental edge in the playoffs...and my point is proven when you see that Duncan is out for a couple weeks, suits up for the game BEFORE the suns, sits out the suns game, and then suits up for the following game. Thats either one tricky ankle or a mindf--k. I'll let you decide.

fordronken

Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

Is that really fooling anybody? If a thirteen year old kid is checking out the message board and sees that is he really gonna say "Hm...yeah, I'm not sure I know what that means"?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Is that really fooling anybody? If a thirteen year old kid is checking out the message board and sees that is he really gonna say "Hm...yeah, I'm not sure I know what that means"?

Hey, don't insult mindfraks.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
fordronken said:

ummm ford i wasn't trying to fool anybody....i have heard that ASFN mods can be quick to banish with improper language (via AZcardinals.com) im just trying to mind my P's and Q's.....

fordronken

Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
ummm ford i wasn't trying to fool anybody....i have heard that ASFN mods can be quick to banish with improper language (via AZcardinals.com) im just trying to mind my P's and Q's.....

No, it's just funny to me. The rules aren't there because people mind the spelling of the word. It seems a little goofy.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's standard practice, though. Newspapers do the same thing, and television shows "beep out" objectionable words, even when it's plenty obvious what's being said.

For what it's worth, I do think it helps keep the words away from young children, since they don't already know what naughtiness is being referenced. Whether that's a worthy goal is an argument I won't get into.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
elindholm said:
It's standard practice, though. Newspapers do the same thing, and television shows "beep out" objectionable words, even when it's plenty obvious what's being said.

For what it's worth, I do think it helps keep the words away from young children, since they don't already know what naughtiness is being referenced. Whether that's a worthy goal is an argument I won't get into.

I appreciate the backing eric, but where the H-E-double hockey sticks is this thread going??????;)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I appreciate the backing eric

I'm always on the side of truth. Don't take it personally. :p

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:

For what it's worth, I do think it helps keep the words away from young children, since they don't already know what naughtiness is being Whether that's a worthy goal is an argument I won't get into. the

Yes, but 99% of the time it's not the writers else doing this wearing. They are quoting somebody else. I've been meaning to start a thread about swearing here.

This may sound hypocritical or just funny coming from me, but we need to clean up the language around here. Substituting symbols for a few letters of a swear word does not make it okay. I don't think there's a problem with an occasional damn, hell, bastard, etc., but let's try to keep a PG around here.

Again, I'm as guilty as anyone about including the occasional swear word or off-color remark. For the most part I just think we need to get rid of the F-words.

Thanks,

Joe Mama

PS - go ahead and start the jokes now.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Again, I'm as guilty as anyone about including the occasional swear word or off-color remark. For the most part I just think we need to get rid of the F-words.

:(

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Yes, but 99% of the time it's not the writers else doing this wearing. They are quoting somebody else. I've been meaning to start a thread about swearing here.

This may sound hypocritical or just funny coming from me, but we need to clean up the language around here. Substituting symbols for a few letters of a swear word does not make it okay. I don't think there's a problem with an occasional damn, hell, bastard, etc., but let's try to keep a PG around here.

Thanks,

Joe Mama

PS - go ahead and start the jokes now.

Oh man...:devil: .... i never have once thought of ASFN as a bastion for swearing or any "off color" remarks.....in fact i think the fact that people use "f--k" is polite AND still allows them to show some emotion. Its the best of both worlds. Its like saying "fudge" instead of the actual word. Everyone know hat your intention is, but you were aware enough to know that the actual word might offend somebody.

I am also a member of azcardinals.com and from time to time i wonder how half of those people get away with what they are saying (ever read an "anthoang" thread?) and at times its to much for a moderate liberal such as myself to handle.

BUT ASFN???? Are you freaking kidding me? They make fun of this board over there becuse we act like the polite police. I applaud that people on this board dont cuss every other word just to do it, but i think it is way out of hand to think this is some kind of R rated MB. This place is good as it gets in terms of information and fan passion, so lets leave it alone.....occasional cuss word or not...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake