Post Lions Overreaction Thread 2024

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
rallis should've started the game that aggressive - goff picked us apart unabated

petzing wastes plays like a fraternity does plastic red cups - 3 points in the second quarter - none in the third and 3 points in the fourth quarter - with this offense - and it wasn't due to pressure from right tackle - kyler had all the time in the world - more progressions than 1980s metallica

i'm more concerned with the o-line's ability in the run game - another braggadocios flex we clearly overestimated - and what the hell happened to the home field advantage

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The lions were very aggressive defensively, why didn’t we use that against them at all. No deep crossing routes, every deep shot was a poorly placed ball on a post route.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still want an explanation on why they stopped the play at the 2 minute warning but didn't stop the play on 3rd down from our 3 yard line where the ball was clearly snapped AFTER the play clock hit 0?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray put up too many floaters and balls for grab today.

I felt like as the game went on Kyler didn't trust the protection so he was making up his mind where to go and throwing it. And as I said before, I think he had an ankle that was bugging him from the first half so he didn't want to run

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt like as the game went on Kyler didn't trust the protection so he was making up his mind where to go and throwing it. And as I said before, I think he had an ankle that was bugging him from the first half so he didn't want to run

This may be the reason, but it's asking for trouble to play this way.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
shotgun let's them know when we're passing which is fine from time to time or in dire situations but we were in shotgun a lot - and when we weren't we ran it a lot

if were playing from our own 2 yard line why wait to run murray on third down? why not first down when those 5 or 6 yards would be more beneficial than just giving us room to punt the ball same way we punted the play call

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t entertain @The6. He literally just posts to critique Kyler, whether deserve or underserved. The guy doesn’t even acknowledge anyone else in this franchise.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The D held their own today however Kyler did not.

The D was better but they had nearly 200 yards from the 2 RB's at 5 yards a pop. Goff was 18-23

AS they said during the game there were several points in the game where we felt like we had to go after it on offense because the defense was not getting it done.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Allowed way too many yards after contact in running game.

MHJ needs to catch the damn ball. 11 targets and 5 catches.

Kyler forced the ball.

Detroit is a very solid team.
Kyler wasn’t great.

Running game was non-existent.

Marv needs significantly better recognition on back shoulder throws. He left a few out there today. Couple last week too.

For the talent level defense played good

Refs did us zero favors.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's still very early for this year's class, but Monti's draft picks aren't doing a whole lot outside of MHJ and Paris. I think replacing Wilson with Zay Jones will actually help the offense. Garrett Williams seems alright, but he hasn't really stood out. Stills had a good game today, but he didn't do anything the first two games.

For a GM who is so focused on drafting, this lack of production isn't super promising. Especially since Monti seems to have a penchant for drafting older players.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Really disappointing game by the offense. Kyler was far from perfect but he wasn’t bad either- receiver core really played sub par, with MHJr at the forefront of that. Running game was pedestrian.

Also doesn’t help when the refs are playing for the other team

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still very early for this year's class, but Monti's draft picks aren't doing a whole lot outside of MHJ and Paris. I think replacing Wilson with Zay Jones will actually help the offense. Garrett Williams seems alright, but he hasn't really stood out. Stills had a good game today, but he didn't do anything the first two games.

For a GM who is so focused on drafting, this lack of production isn't super promising. Especially since Monti seems to have a penchant for drafting older players.

Wilson has improved, he still body catches too much but I think he's significantly better than last year. But with Dortch not 100% today it was really obvious how slow we were.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler wasn’t great.

Running game was non-existent.

Marv needs significantly better recognition on back shoulder throws. He left a few out there today. Couple last week too.

For the talent level defense played good

Refs did us zero favors.

I have a lot of hope for MJH, but I have to admit so far I don't really like the way he adjusts to the ball in the air (but again, what do I know).

He's made some contested catches, some really good ones in fact, so he's doing okay there. No really egregious drops besides his very 1st target in the BUF game.

Eh, he'll probably be fine after 10 or 12 games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05