Post Quotes of Disrespect

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Why yes, yes I did. The people voting in that ESPN poll are obviously people who are going to watch the SB. And even if the majority are Eagles and Steelers fans, so what? They're still viewers. That means an Eagles-Steelers game would get higher ratings than a Ravens-Cardinals game because there are more Eagles and Steelers fans than Ravens and Cardinals fans. So yes, a sample of the average visitor to ESPN.com is perfectly fine for this type of poll.

1) The number of people voting for the Eagles has nothing to do with the amount of fans of those teams there. There are quite a few people that simply don't think the Cards are going to win due to their perception of the team or the fact that they may believe that the Eagles are a bad matchup for the Cards. That has nothing to do with ratings whatsoever. You are really reaching here

2) You do know that you can cheat on internet polls, right? Vote, clear cache, vote again. Thats why internet polls are fun but otherwise useless

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
1) 2) You do know that you can cheat on internet polls, right? Vote, clear cache, vote again. Thats why internet polls are fun but otherwise useless

Most programmers at least store the IP along with the cookie ;)

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
1) The number of people voting for the Eagles has nothing to do with the amount of fans of those teams there. There are quite a few people that simply don't think the Cards are going to win due to their perception of the team or the fact that they may believe that the Eagles are a bad matchup for the Cards. That has nothing to do with ratings whatsoever. You are really reaching here

2) You do know that you can cheat on internet polls, right? Vote, clear cache, vote again. Thats why internet polls are fun but otherwise useless
1) You're not going to seriously argue with me that the Eagles' fan base is not larger than the Ravens' and Cardinals', are you?

2) Yes. And I'm sure everyone who's voted in that poll is devoting all of their time to clearing their cache and cheating an ESPN poll because they want people to think that an Eagles-Steelers SB would draw the highest ratings.

WTF???

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the recent redirection of this thread. The Philly fan stole it. Why should we care what match up the rest of the football world might prefer? I don't. Never have and never will.

If the Cards didn't make it, I wanted to see San Diego win it all. If Philly beats us, they will have earned the SB the hard way from being given up for dead and I hope they win it all.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mike Saultz(sp) on ESPN radio says no way no how do we win. We don't deserve to be in the Superbowl after laying down against New England. Ranted and raved against us. Jamal Anderson said Eagles win but gave reasons why we could pull the upset

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
But just to get this thread back on topic. Thank god for ESPN and their constant spewing of crap:

The Cardinals have been a nice story, but the Eagles seem to be a team of destiny.
As Mikell told me after the game, "we're playing with house money."

The Cardinals aren't going to slow down the Eagles at this point. The Eagles will have to make a cross-country flight, but I think that angle is overrated.

The Eagles can beat any team, anywhere right now. They've already beaten the Steelers and Cardinals. And they'd love a rematch with the Ravens.
-Matt Mosley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05