Prediction: Warner will retire after this season

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
I still don't think Leinart is very good

There was a reason he fell to us in the draft and that is he cannot make all the throws. He has a noodle arm compared to Warner. He floats the ball and does not have the zip nor accuracy of Warner. The reason they don't go downfield as much is because Leinart does not have the same arm. Anyone remember the floating wounded duck down the middle that was nearly intercepted? How about the out routes that almost get jumped. I hold my breath every time he drops back to pass.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The latest update on Warner certainly is not good. This may become Matt's team much sooner than we like.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
There was a reason he fell to us in the draft and that is he cannot make all the throws. He has a noodle arm compared to Warner. He floats the ball and does not have the zip nor accuracy of Warner. The reason they don't go downfield as much is because Leinart does not have the same arm. Anyone remember the floating wounded duck down the middle that was nearly intercepted? How about the out routes that almost get jumped. I hold my breath every time he drops back to pass.

If I remember correctly Leinart went deep (with success) his rookie year. Leinart may even be a little more accurate deep than Warner.

Warner definately has the advantage in short to medium range accuracy & could be one of the best ever. Leinart be no means has a noodle arm.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
If Warner does decide to retire, does he stay on as a coach? IMO, he would be awesome and this way he could still mentor the next young gun.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this team is going to be VERY different this offseason. I think it's a good possibilty Warner retires, Dansby & Q are probably gone, I think Dockett may make some very serious noise regarding his contract, they are going to have to make a decision on Rolle, Chike, Berry and Haggans are all getting old in the tooth, and I also believe they are going to have to take care of Gandy. Say what you will about Gandy, but he was huge in the playoff push last year, Wiz even said so and like it or not he is the best tackle on the team right now. Also what about Ben Patrick, Gabe Watson, Alan Branch and sooner or later Steve Breaston and TH are going to want more than 5th round coin. Next year could be for all intents and purposes a rebuilding year.

The Cardinals "problems" in the offseason could be a lot worse than whether or not Warner retires, and that would have huge ramifications on the team. With the potential of next season being an uncapped year I worry about the fututre of this franchise. I DO NOT think the Bidiwlls are cheap, but I don't see them keeping up with Bob Kraft, Jerry Jones or Dan Synder, and I am not entirely sure I 100% trust Rod Graves making personel decisions in an uncapped year.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Leinart went deep (with success) his rookie year. Leinart may even be a little more accurate deep than Warner.

Warner definately has the advantage in short to medium range accuracy & could be one of the best ever. Leinart be no means has a noodle arm.

Leinart has a stronger arm than he's given credit for. Unfortunately, it's his accuracy that comes into question. It's unfair to compare him to Warner in that department, because Warner is one of the most accurate passers in NFL history. Leinart doesn't have the gunslinger mentality that Warner has, but once he gets in a groove, he can move the offense. My biggest gripe right now with Leinart is that checks down too soon. As he gets playing time & gains confidence, I could see him improve in that area. Plain & simple, right now, he does not give us the best chance to win. That being said, I'll take him over most, if not all backup QB's in the league.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
My 2 cents
This may not be a bad time to transition to Mr Lienart. We're set up for a playoff run and it should be reasonble to acheive a spot in the playoffs with Lienart under center. This would provide him experience along with mentoring both this year and next from "coach" Warner as he plays out his contract.
Weve got to find out if Matt has what it takes sooner or later.
ALthough it would be a shame not to see Kurt and Favre on the same field this Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05