Predictions For 12/05/04 vs. Detroit Lions

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this will be my 1st game rooting against the team that I grew-up following (since I completely switched my allegiances to the Cardinals from the Lions shortly after their last encounter during week 1 of last season)....

Yes, the Cardinals are obviously starting a rookie QB and RB, however, when I watched the Lions for 20+ years...I often noticed that unproven players would typically have a "field day" against them.....

I predict the Cardinals will win 17-9......

Navarre will go 16-35 210 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Croom will rush for 105 yards 1 TD

Jason Hanson will account for all the Lions scoring (3 FGs)

Joey Harrington will be removed at half-time in favor of Mike McMahon since Harrington was probably one of the most over-rated QBs ever drafted as high as he was (3rd overall pick in the '02 draft)....

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're gonna get absolutely crushed. Lining up a 4th round rookie C, with a 7th round rookie QB behind him and an undrafted rookie RB behind him would a recipe for disaster against USC, much less an NFL team(whihc the Lions BARELY qualify as). Harrington will keep us int he game because he sucks - but it's still a loss.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Cardinals 20
Lions 17

What can I say? The Lions have lost 5 in a row and 3/4 of their wins have been on the road. The Cardinals have just as many question marks, but the Lions are beatable enough that I feel like I can be a homer.

Navarre, Croom...we'll see, but the AZ defense has a great opportunity here. Harrington has been held to 4 TDs in 5 games against several teams that you can "throw on."

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards win in a rout....35-10

Navarre and Croom have average stats but the defense prevails with 4 turnovers, two for touchdowns.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Lions 34 Cards 17
We are terrible on the road and with a rookie QB we will be worse. I see three interceptions by Navarre and a fumble by Croom.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesy is right again. We'll get crushed because Navarre will get so hammered he'll give up several fumbles and/or picks and may not be healthy enough to finish the game.

Lions 35
Cards 10

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were gonne get hammered. Worse loss of the year. But we are starting the guy that gives this team its best shot at winning :rolleyes:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this one will be 21 -17. Cards.

Joey is terrible, but they will score a couple fluke tds.

the cards will get a score on O, D and special teams.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No matter who has started we have been absolutely horrible on the road as evidenced by a lucky win at Miami and losing to San Francisco. Navarre also starts the rest of the year to see what we got. Playoffs this year always was unrealistic anyways.

Lions - 27
Cards - 9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05