Predictions for Week 2 versus Seattle

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
It didn't take long to mix up that next batch of Kool-Aid did it folks? I'll take the Cards, you give me 12 points for a cash bet. If this is just for fun, I'll take the Seahawks to win. Just don't think we are ready yet for this calibre of team. Having said this, turn up the heat and maybe we can neutraliize people like Hasselback and Robinson.

Now if we were playing the Rams, it would be a different story. I read somewhere today that Warner is this year's " NFL supernova" and many are predicting that this is the year that he finally "burns out" and I am inclined to agree. Am glad we are playing them soon.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that the coaches were embarassed with the performance against Detroit. As well they should be. Normally I would say this is a blow out but I think the Cards come to play this Sunday. Unfortunelty our Offense can't keep up with the Seahawks.

36 - 27 Seahawks over Cardinals.

spanky

All Star
Reaction score
I'll make a prediction for this week's game.......Boldin will get 125 yds. and 2 td's.

Over at nfl.com today, they had quotes from scouting personnel from a few teams players based on yesterday's game. Said one,"I knew he was faster than his stopwatch times but 10 catches for 217 yards...............are you kidding me. He summarized by saying amazing, simply amazing".

Everyone see Section 11's new avatar?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Seattle kills New Orleans. We lose to Detroit. Prove me wrong Cardinals, I keep waiting....

35-21 Seattle

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Game 2 is always an interesting one. Based on game 1, everyone (including coaches and players) think they have a handle on who is good and who is bad. Game 2 usually produces lots of surprises that confound.

I like the match up at home (in the heat) between a team that thinks it is good vs a team that feels like they have something to prove.

Cards score 13 unanswered points in the late third / 4th quarter to win 27-20.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Much of this will depend on exactly how good Detroit and New Orleans are...Seattle looked awfully good...I would be shocked if the Cards win this game judging by what I saw yesterday...Our lack of Pass Rush pretty much guaranttee's the Hawks put up some points...If we can improve dramatically on Special Teams(win the field position battle) and make Seattle drive down the field we have a chance. I think we will need to run the ball and wear down that Hawks D Line to have a chance. The Hawks will have to respect Quan now so that might free up some running room..I hate to be negative but my gut says we get beat..

31-21 Hawks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jttsaz
I hate to be negative but my gut says we get beat..

31-21 Hawks

Don't let some people's notions of realism make you think you are being negative by predicting us to lose. Judging by what we saw from the pas rush yesterday, next week and every week for that matter could be brutal. We've been saying the same thing for years now - but you can't give a QB 6 seconds to throw the ball.

seesred

Reaction score
My gut says Seattle , but my heart says Oh what the heck if Seattle is ahead at half by 10 or more we lose and if we are tied or ahead we will win before the huge opening day crowd of 38,000 screaming hot , sweaty fans.

GBR

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think the team as a whole gets a fire lit under them.

1-penalty for 5 yds
3-sacks gained
0-INT's
0-Fumbles

Cards- 31
Hawks- 24

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:(

31-24 Seattle pulls it out late!

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
I think the team as a whole gets a fire lit under them.

1-penalty for 5 yds
3-sacks gained
0-INT's
0-Fumbles

Cards- 31
Hawks- 24

Really doubt we will have three sacks.

We need to generate turnovers - could be key to changing the tide of the game. We also need to shut down S. Alexander.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'll get into this hawks fans breakdown later

but I see it finishing 27-16 seahawks

no trash talk, just the way i see things playing out

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
28-13 seahags. all our excitement about scoring tds comes to a screeching halt.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We also get to see Pace against a top shelf OT this week. Jones held out all camp but the way it sounds did OK...but was gassed a little at the end.

Alexander is the key...

As I gulp down some Koolaid to quench my thirst I predict 35-34 Seattle (turns out it wasn't koolaid but Chivas) when Grammatica blows an extra point in the third quarter. All game long the announcer repeat over and over "Boy that missed extra point sure is looming large".

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers. Whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game. Cards coughed up 3 balls, and lost, but had pretty damn good stats yardage gained ground, air, and defensively against ground and air. Seattle gained 4 turnovers, but thier stats passing weren't very good, allthough they did pretty well on the run, defensivly they were barely average other then the turnover battle.

If Cards can keep from turning over the ball this week VS Seattle, then I expect we win 27-21. If we cough it up 2 or more times then we lose. Simple enough.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05