Predictions for Week 2 versus Seattle

boredstiff

Reaction score
No way the Red Birds win this one. 35-14 Hawks. It will be close the first and maybe second quarter. Adrenylin can only last so long.

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Renz, no one is comparing the Seahawks defense to the '85 Bears defense after one game. Although you have to give the Seahawks defense credit for their play against a good Saints offense. Aaron Brooks is no hall of fame QB but they have a very good running back to lead an acceptable passing game. Holding the Saints to just 10 points is an accomplishment.

It pains me to say this, but the Saints offense is better than the Cardnials offense. Even if the Seahawks caught Brroks on an off-day is there any hope that the Cardinals offense will score more then 17 points? Not from me unfortunately.

On the other side of the ball, I consider the Seahawks offense to be better than the Lions offense (especially the running game). Even if you remove the 21 points Blake and the Cardinals special teams gave the Lions, a one dimensional offense still managed to score 21 points against our defense.

I don't care what happened 2 years ago or even last season, the teams are different. Football has a high turnover rate of personal and the Cardinals have had a higher turnover rate than normal. I think the Cardinals will play better this week (could they play worse?) but I still don't think the outcome will be what we want.

Seattle Seahawks 27
Arizona Cardinals 17

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
my prediction? I'll have a burning, waffle ass after 3 hours on those damn bleachers. Other than that, the heat drains the seahawks, and the glare from the empty silver seats blinds their WRs. Maybe they'll die of laughter after seeing the only male cheerleaders in the nfl, our wonderful flag boys.

10 picks for our D
19 sacks for Pace
Blake throws for 1400 yards
Boldin 19 receptions, 1402 yards, 6 TDs
Kasper, 1 reception -2 yards and a fumble

uuhhh....oh this isn't madden '04 :p

nevermind

Cards 30
Seahawks 27... in OT

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Well I hope the Cardinals players have a more positive attitude than most of their fans.

:(

Seahawks got 21 points off 3 Saints turnovers. In the second half they only managed 2 FG.
If the Cardinals can avoid the turnovers I think it will be a good game. I know that is a big IF.

Waiter, another refill on this Kool-Aid please. :p

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards win who cares what the score is!

To all the doubters, WHY EVEN ROOT if you have no hope?

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards have a good chance of winning this one, and it will be a high scoring game. While Shaun Alexander is a very good back he plays to the level of the game, he plays his best in prime time games and can be very average for "unimportant games." As good as he is, I don't think I've ever heard his name mentioned when anyone talks about premier runningbacks. As far as the Saints offense, they are the most erratic offense in the league. Brooks has shown flashes of stardom but simply isn't consistan enough to make it to the next level, so stopping him isn't a huge accomplishment, it just depends on what day you catch him on. Besides, he had 274 yards with 1 td and 1int, so it's not like they shut him down.

To say they held Deuce under 100 yards is a technicality, he had 99 yards on 22 carries for a 4.5 average. Seatles top reciever had 3 catches for 56 yards. To me, the Seahawks don't seem that powerfull.

What is the status on Bell and Davis? If those two are playing we will be much better. Everyone was complaining about the play of our line, but we had 2 backs averaging at least 4.5 ypc and the only real complaints were directed to our backups' backup Dishman, who was only playing because of several injuries and a suspension.

If Bell is back that should help our pass rush. Against detroit we didn't have any sacks but we did have some pressure, and we really need to keep in mind that Detroit allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL last year. The Lions line allowed less sacks than the Eagles great line, less than the Niners with 3 probowlers and a very mobile Garcia, less the Atlanta with the elusive Mike Vick. No one gets sacks against them. Our pass rush has been an embarrasment the last few years and we need an improvement in that area more than anything, but Detroit is a really bad test for us. If we had played against a crappy line with a statue QB and piled up 10 sacks, that wouldn't have been accurate either, we need to see how we look after a couple of games.

Even though the Seahawks have upgraded their D, if they want to double Bolding, or even leave the safeties back to prevent big plays, we should be able to run on them. They allowed a 100 yard rusher so far (screw the technicality) in their only game, and that was with a 3 score lead. I'm still not convinced this isn't the same team that let Thomas Jones run all over them last year.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Okay, will the person who guessed the Cardinals would get spanked 38-0 and have their a$$es handed to them please step forward to claim your prize?

:biglaugh:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05