Presumed Innocent - Apple TV

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, this has an incredible cast and is pretty good through 3 episodes.

And I’m okay with remaking this, because it’s giving us a host of new suspects, while taking a deeper dive into Chicago politics, not to mention the effect the case would have on Rusty’s family. So plenty to chew on.

But I think there’s no way they stick with the same twist as the book/original movie. So, what’s the big twist? Caroline’s angry kid? Too obvious. One of Rusty’s kids? The son already seems against Dad so that’s too obvious… better bet would be the daughter who they’re trying to position as sympathetic to Dad (but also had a blink and you’ll miss it line thrown in where she was worried about what the cops might find on her computer) Was Caroline having affairs with more than one person in the DA’s office making super-gung-ho to mail Rusty Peter Saarsgard a suspect as a gilted Caroline lover (his line “the girls are sure gonna like me now” seems to make him the reddest of red herrings and just too obvious) or even Bill Camp (Rusty’s own lawyer) the killer?

I’m going with this wild theory… Bill Camp’s ex-DA was also having an affair with Caroline, but did NOT kill her… HIS wife did. So, they’ll nod to the original with a “the wife did it” ending but slid to another character we don’t see coming.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been meaning to watch this but trying to play catch-up on my watch list.