Prospect watch LSU qb Zack Mettenberger

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cards like this 6 foot 5 inch 235 pounder out of LSU?

Has a strong arm and went 23 0f 37 Saturday against Georgia. Some

scouts whisper he is a young Big Ben

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw him a bit yeah he has a nice arm.

I'm really starting to fall in love with Hogan at Stanford. Won't be in this draft but man that kid has a future. RS soph because of Luck, took over midseason last year and Stanford has been much better since he did.

Good size, good arm, can move but seems to know when to run and when not to.

I actually prefer him to any of the soph QB's in the Pac 12 right now and there are a bunch of them.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I saw him a bit yeah he has a nice arm.

I'm really starting to fall in love with Hogan at Stanford. Won't be in this draft but man that kid has a future. RS soph because of Luck, took over midseason last year and Stanford has been much better since he did.

Good size, good arm, can move but seems to know when to run and when not to.

I actually prefer him to any of the soph QB's in the Pac 12 right now and there are a bunch of them.

A RS Soph, could be draft eligible. Question is he ready?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A RS Soph, could be draft eligible. Question is he ready?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

a friend of mine who supposedly knows the family says he's not even considering leaving early. Will be there next year, then if the NFL comes calling he might go since he's on track to have his degree in 4 years.

He appears to be very happy at Stanford so I seriously doubt he'll be in the next draft.

I guess if someone decided to hire the head coach away that could change though

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's got a couple of decent receivers to throw to in Beckham and Landry, he puts it in nice position for them. Throws a pretty nice sideline out and deep ball.

PS. I'm bitter they lost to Georgia.

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Mettenberger looked good but Murray looked great plus he has a longer history of playing well.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He now has an ex NFL OC to tutor him. Cam Cameron. Can't hurt.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mettenberger is a much better prospect. I really liked the way he played last week. The main problem that I see is he is not mobile in a mobile QB league. He does fit the mold that BA subscribes to. It will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year.

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd flip that. Zach played very well. Murray played well. Zach fires the ball. Murray floats the ball.

I'm liking Mettenberg. Just saying that Murray has played well for a while now and Mettenberger has only come on this year. It's great to see some seniors stepping up thought as we know they'll be available in the draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Not a fan of Zach or Murray. If I had to choose,I'd take Murray though.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
top 3 for me right now are Teddy, Tajh Boyd or Brett Hundley and I really want one in Cardinal red next year

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
top 3 for me right now are Teddy, Tajh Boyd or Brett Hundley and I really want one in Cardinal red next year

I'd take out Boyd from your list and substitute with Mariota. He is going to be very good. Of course he doesn't fit Arians system so I carry no hope of us ever drafting him.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch Bryce Petty (RJr.) from Baylor, the rest of the year. Probably won't come out, but has already graduated. 6' 3" 230 can run and has a gun. Plays in the Art Briles concept.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mettenberger is a much better prospect. I really liked the way he played last week. The main problem that I see is he is not mobile in a mobile QB league. He does fit the mold that BA subscribes to. It will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year.

sigh :sad:

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He could have really goofed up his draft status by letting Arkansas shut them out.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05