Purely Hypothetical

some dumb guy

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the object of every year is to win the Superbowl, but the first step is to make the playoffs and the easiest way to make the playoffs is to win your division. As an example, hypothetically, if 3 teams were to go 0-17 and one team went 1-17, that team makes the playoffs. So lets take a hypothetical ride with the cardinals game plan.
Cards start the season on the radar at zero ( scale of zero-five)

Cards v Bills: pretty good game against a favored playoff team and potential SB contender. Did KM "really" miss MHJ for the win? And was MHJ a non-factor to keep us off the radar because although it is a loss it's a minor loss to an AFC opponent. Cards remain at zero on radar.

Rams v Cards: Divisional rival and we were practically perfect. Possible potential? Divisional win, cards jump to three on the radar.

Lions v Cards: again, a very good game against a favored playoff team and potential SB contender. And did anyone else notice every time the cards got into a rhythm a lion's player suddenly got hurt, we break for commercial and come back to see the player jogging off the field apparently ok. Good plan Dan Cambell. Cards drop to one on radar.

Commanders v Cards or KK v KM: let's just say cards drop back to zero on radar.

Cards v 49ers: Another divisional game we played very well with the exception of the end of the first half but cards now stand at 2-0 in the NFC West. Not bad.

Now future prediction regardless of outcome of 49ers v seahawks game. Cards go to green bay and beat the packers but then stink it up on MNF against the chargers to stay off the radar in a nationally televised game.

I think we beat the seahawks twice, the rams again and maybe split with 49ers giving us 5 division wins so we only need 4-5 wins out of the 11 games to make the playoffs.

Brilliant game plan by the cards/Gannon or am I just living up to my screen name as a senior member pointed out in my first post? Lol
PS: I apologize for my first post. I have now read the rules of this forum and in reflection it was just my own frustration with the 49er game the way the half ended.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Delusional.
Sorry man but nobody is intentionally losing games in the nfl just so they can low key being an underdog in the playoffs.

Honestly losing to Buffalo put us firmly on everyone's radar simply for the fact that with one or two minor bounces of the ball we would have won.

We ain't sneaking past anybody. The entire nfl has the book on the Redbirds... under talented team that plays hard to the whistle for 60 minutes that's fully capable of beating anybody...but is a bit of star power away from being a serious contender

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that the object of every year is to win the Superbowl, but the first step is to make the playoffs and the easiest way to make the playoffs is to win your division. As an example, hypothetically, if 3 teams were to go 0-17 and one team went 1-17, that team makes the playoffs. So lets take a hypothetical ride with the cardinals game plan.
Cards start the season on the radar at zero ( scale of zero-five)

Cards v Bills: pretty good game against a favored playoff team and potential SB contender. Did KM "really" miss MHJ for the win? And was MHJ a non-factor to keep us off the radar because although it is a loss it's a minor loss to an AFC opponent. Cards remain at zero on radar.

Rams v Cards: Divisional rival and we were practically perfect. Possible potential? Divisional win, cards jump to three on the radar.

Lions v Cards: again, a very good game against a favored playoff team and potential SB contender. And did anyone else notice every time the cards got into a rhythm a lion's player suddenly got hurt, we break for commercial and come back to see the player jogging off the field apparently ok. Good plan Dan Cambell. Cards drop to one on radar.

Commanders v Cards or KK v KM: let's just say cards drop back to zero on radar.

Cards v 49ers: Another divisional game we played very well with the exception of the end of the first half but cards now stand at 2-0 in the NFC West. Not bad.

Now future prediction regardless of outcome of 49ers v seahawks game. Cards go to green bay and beat the packers but then stink it up on MNF against the chargers to stay off the radar in a nationally televised game.

I think we beat the seahawks twice, the rams again and maybe split with 49ers giving us 5 division wins so we only need 4-5 wins out of the 11 games to make the playoffs.

Brilliant game plan by the cards/Gannon or am I just living up to my screen name as a senior member pointed out in my first post? Lol
PS: I apologize for my first post. I have now read the rules of this forum and in reflection it was just my own frustration with the 49er game the way the half ended.
Bro, I'm sorry, but I have no clue what you're getting at with this post. Who gives a crap about on or off the radar? Just win games and get better every week. Do that and you'll find yourself in a good place come December. Not trying to dismiss what you're saying, just don't get the gist.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If the Cards win in Lambeau, which is very possible, they’ll be on everyone’s radar.
I agree, other than Washington, they’ve played pretty well against a strong schedule.