Put this series loss on D'Antoni

DirtySanchez

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D'Antoni started the "dirty" talk before this series ever started. He distracted his own team, and it showed a lack of confidence - because they knew he felt like they needed an edge. If he hadn't gotten that trash talk started, the foul at the end of Game 4 wouldn't have looked like a reason to fight. His players wouldn't have had any thoughts of coming off the bench.

Ultimately, that's not the biggest problem the Suns have. Run-and-gun looks good. It wins a lot of games in the regular season. But defense wins championships. D'Antoni wants to run an NBA team like a pick-up game, because that's the kind of basketball he has always liked. If he wants to win a championship, he should take that **** back overseas. Against players who aren't good enough to make the NBA he could start a dynasty. In the NBA, the only thing he has to look forward to is fishing trips and disappointed fans.

Nobody disputes that Nash is tough. Nobody disputes that Amare is tough. Or Marion...or Bell...or Diaw. (Not even in San Antonio. Maybe especially in San Antonio.) And they can definitely run. But there's a reason the cheetah isn't the king of the jungle.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But there's a reason the cheetah isn't the king of the jungle.

Good line.

I don't agree with everything you said, but I do place the blame on D'Antoni.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I pin it on Stern.

He's had it out for us for years now and this year has been no different.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. I disagree. A stupid move would make us look like the San Diego Chargers. Great season, great offense, then fire the coach after a crappy playoff loss.

I put the blame squarely in the hands of Stern, Jackson, and, as funny as it sounds, the Spurs for using a goon like Horry to drag some of our players off the bench.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
I think this sucks enough to spread around the blame.

Hey I'll even take 2%.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Sorry. I disagree. A stupid move would make us look like the San Diego Chargers. Great season, great offense, then fire the coach after a crappy playoff loss.

I put the blame squarely in the hands of Stern, Jackson, and, as funny as it sounds, the Spurs for using a goon like Horry to drag some of our players off the bench.

Except we won't hire Norv Turner.

And as long as we're going with football analogies, what happened when Tampa fired Tony Dungy because he couldn't get over the hump?

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
We're like the Packers of the NBA.

Once dominant but now a joke.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score

And as long as we're going with football analogies, what happened when Tampa fired Tony Dungy because he couldn't get over the hump?

As a native in Tampa, I can tell you right now that the championship that Tampa Bay won that year was a fluke in the hands of Jon Gruden. The defense that year was built by one man and that man was Dungie. You know what happened ever since? We either (a) never made it to the playoffs because our record was so dismal during the regular season and we burned through one quarterback after another, or (b) we made it to the playoffs but get schooled by utterly stupid teams like the Redskins.

And Dungy and Manning have a Championship.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

IMO, A bad call in the NFC title game between the Bucs-Stl prevented Dungy from making the Superbowl.

gdiddy

Registered
Reaction score
Let's also not forget that NFL playoffs are decided by one game--that's it! A few bad calls, a key player going down, a passing mistake--all these things have greater impact in one game than a best of seven series.

nbadan

Reaction score
Quit making excuses, D'Antoni can't outcoach POP and that's just sad because Avery Johnson can.

sharkman

Registered
Reaction score
D'Antoni started the "dirty" talk before this series ever started. He distracted his own team, and it showed a lack of confidence - because they knew he felt like they needed an edge. If he hadn't gotten that trash talk started, the foul at the end of Game 4 wouldn't have looked like a reason to fight. His players wouldn't have had any thoughts of coming off the bench.

Ultimately, that's not the biggest problem the Suns have. Run-and-gun looks good. It wins a lot of games in the regular season. But defense wins championships. D'Antoni wants to run an NBA team like a pick-up game, because that's the kind of basketball he has always liked. If he wants to win a championship, he should take that **** back overseas. Against players who aren't good enough to make the NBA he could start a dynasty. In the NBA, the only thing he has to look forward to is fishing trips and disappointed fans.

Nobody disputes that Nash is tough. Nobody disputes that Amare is tough. Or Marion...or Bell...or Diaw. (Not even in San Antonio. Maybe especially in San Antonio.) And they can definitely run. But there's a reason the cheetah isn't the king of the jungle.

You're a snarf...someone who pharts in the bath tub and bites the bubbles. Tyson lives here in Phoenix...if we wanted to we could have signed Mike as a free agent...and had him bite at Duncan's ears when he went inside the paint...

...but that's not basketball. The Spurs played an excellent game 6 on their home court...but the first 4 games were a testiment to their age and diminishing skills...the only way they could compete was to sleep with the refs...bend over for Stern...and engage in WWF wrestling. Great stuff. Here's hoping that the Jazz bends you over a pew while the Morman Tabernacle Choir sings Onward Christian Soldiers 150 times...

(I'm still within the 24 hour cooling off period right?)

HooverDam

Reaction score
We're like the Packers of the NBA.

Once dominant but now a joke.

uh, no. The Suns never won a title and certainly aren't "a joke"

If you asked any NBA fan with any amount of knowledge to tell you the 5 teams that have the best shot at a title next year, 100% of them would include Phoenix in that list.

I know everyone is upset, but Jesus this post loss thread can get stupid.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
uh, no. The Suns never won a title and certainly aren't "a joke"

If you asked any NBA fan with any amount of knowledge to tell you the 5 teams that have the best shot at a title next year, 100% of them would include Phoenix in that list.

I know everyone is upset, but Jesus this post loss thread can get stupid.

Well, I think a lot of that depends on what happens in the off season.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
You're a snarf...someone who pharts in the bath tub and bites the bubbles. Tyson lives here in Phoenix...if we wanted to we could have signed Mike as a free agent...and had him bite at Duncan's ears when he went inside the paint...

...but that's not basketball. The Spurs played an excellent game 6 on their home court...but the first 4 games were a testiment to their age and diminishing skills...the only way they could compete was to sleep with the refs...bend over for Stern...and engage in WWF wrestling. Great stuff. Here's hoping that the Jazz bends you over a pew while the Morman Tabernacle Choir sings Onward Christian Soldiers 150 times...

(I'm still within the 24 hour cooling off period right?)

Hahaha...best post today!