quentin richardson

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I was looking at Channing Frye's numbers and came across Q's during the search: 6.5 pts. 1.5 assists, 3.5 rebs. I did a doubletake as I couldn't believe those were for real. .37 from the field? Yeesh. Has he been hurt or something?

Not that Thomas is doing much better number wise: 7.5 points, 6.6 rebs, .41 shooting.

Boris has really been a pleasant surprise though. 10 pts, 5.8 assists, 6.2 rebounds on .50 shooting. :)

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's struggling right now, he needs to be on a team where the ball movement is quick and delibirate (basically a good play maker point guard), also transition offense where he runs well to his spots and recieves open looks.

Right now, the suns can really use him, a volume 3 pointer who gets streaky, combine him with Jones and Diaw's playmaking ability and he'd probably break his own record. Bell is doing okay, but not a threat to shoot 6-7 3's when feeling hot.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Yah I was thinking that we could really use another black hole on offense that shoots a 3 pointer as soon as he touches it despite being a mid 30% shooter. We could also use his aching back to help shore up our injury list. I mean as much fun as our extreme ball movement is - You are right, we could really use Q right now...... :shrug:

(all in fun of course)

TradeNash

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was really worried that we'd miss Q's offensive power but Eddie House has put all those worries to rest. At 1/8 of the price of Q, Eddie is a friggin steal. He also has a better stroke than Q and can get the jumper off while in motion while Q usually had to be set.

Some felt that we lost a lot of bravado when we dealt Q but did you see Eddie in that game against the Nets on ESPN? Jeff Mcinnis tried to post him up, Eddie swated it and the mic picked up on him saying "GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE", and this was right after he made a 3. The Suns system is a players dream, you'd really have to be a crappy player to fail in the system, like Casey Jacobsen.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
TradeNash said:
Jeff Mcinnis tried to post him up, Eddie swated it and the mic picked up on him saying "GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE", and this was right after he made a 3. The Suns system is a players dream, you'd really have to be a crappy player to fail in the system, like Casey Jacobsen.

We heard that too. We rewound the DVR 3 times because it was so funny.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
TradeNash said:
The Suns system is a players dream, you'd really have to be a crappy player to fail in the system, like Casey Jacobsen.

Is House really any better statistically than Jacobsen? House scores less than 8 points per game. He is a 6'1" guard that averages less than 2 assists per game for his career. Jacobsen wasn't great, but he lead the team in 3 point percentage one year.

That is not to say that Jacobsen is a great NBA player; he is in the same category as House: a great PAC-10 player that can't do much in the NBA.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Neo said:
Is House really any better statistically than Jacobsen? House scores less than 8 points per game. He is a 6'1" guard that averages less than 2 assists per game for his career. Jacobsen wasn't great, but he lead the team in 3 point percentage one year.

That is not to say that Jacobsen is a great NBA player; he is in the same category as House: a great PAC-10 player that can't do much in the NBA.

One exception, House has shown he can score 30pts in a competitive NBA game. This will never happen for Jacobsen. I dont think NBA scouts think they are in the same category. House has the talent. Question is, can he play within the system. Casey can play within the system, but doesnt have the talent. You can't teach talent.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I think House does one thing well, score. Casey did a few things okay and could shoot well when open. I think House is great to bring in for a spark, but could rarely play for extended minutes. Casey could probably play 20 minutes/game if in the right system.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I think House does one thing well, score. Casey did a few things okay and could shoot well when open. I think House is great to bring in for a spark, but could rarely play for extended minutes. Casey could probably play 20 minutes/game if in the right system.

could shoot well when open

:biglaugh:

but could rarely play for extended minutes

:confused: You are kidding, right?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Q does not have Nash passing him the ball, instead he has a ballhog point guard in Marbury. I wonder when Q will want out of New York if Marbury stays there?

reader

Veteran
Reaction score
Zona90 said:
Q does not have Nash passing him the ball, instead he has a ballhog point guard in Marbury. I wonder when Q will want out of New York if Marbury stays there?

I always liked Q, he really seemed to like playing in PHX. He acknowledged that Nash could score, but chose instead to pass the ball. During the playoffs, he said that and that he was, "thankful", to be playing in PHX with Nash. That is one of the reasons I was so disappointed for him when he was traded to NY.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Zona90 said:

Everyone will want out of NY if Marbury stays. I'm sure that Q gets passes from Marbury alot: with the shot clock winding down, and the defense all over him.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
CardNots said:
could shoot well when open

:biglaugh:

but could rarely play for extended minutes

:confused: You are kidding, right?

I think you might be confused. I said Casey could shoot well when open. I said house can score in bunches, but it's hard for him to play for extended minutes. That's probably why he's on his 6th team.

TradeNash

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neo said:

House has had more of an impact in 12 games than Jacobsen did in his whole entire stay in Phoenix. That guy didn't do anything positive. He was suppposed to be a sharpshooter but ended up being a player who shouldn't have even been drafted. D'Antoni kept giving him playing time because "hustled in practice" and was a "hard worker".:rolleyes:

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
TradeNash said:
House has had more of an impact in 12 games than Jacobsen did in his whole entire stay in Phoenix. That guy didn't do anything positive. He was suppposed to be a sharpshooter but ended up being a player who shouldn't have even been drafted. D'Antoni kept giving him playing time because "hustled in practice" and was a "hard worker".:rolleyes:

Jacobsen was a stretch for the first round, but he was not that horrible. His second season he lead the Suns in 3 point percentage and was in the top 10 in the League for 3 point percentage. I am not saying Jacobsen was good. But in the list of stiffs that have played for the Suns, I wouldn't single out Jacobsen as being among the most worthless.

Getting somewhat back to the subject of this thread. House on the other hand is a crappy version of Q. He jacks up shots at an alarming rate. Only 2 players in the league have attempte more shots per minute that House this season. But, unlike Q he cannot post up, he cannot create mismatches with his size and he cannot guard bigger guards.

So far this season his shooting percentage is respectable, but for his career he is under .400. The only good House does is he makes me a more religious guy. Since House joined the Suns I have been praying for Nash, Bell, and Barbosa to stay healthy so House stays on the bench.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Neo said:
Jacobsen was a stretch for the first round, but he was not that horrible. His second season he lead the Suns in 3 point percentage and was in the top 10 in the League for 3 point percentage. I am not saying Jacobsen was good. But in the list of stiffs that have played for the Suns, I wouldn't single out Jacobsen as being among the most worthless.

Getting somewhat back to the subject of this thread. House on the other hand is a crappy version of Q. He jacks up shots at an alarming rate. Only 2 players in the league have attempte more shots per minute that House this season. But, unlike Q he cannot post up, he cannot create mismatches with his size and he cannot guard bigger guards.

So far this season his shooting percentage is respectable, but for his career he is under .400. The only good House does is he makes me a more religious guy. Since House joined the Suns I have been praying for Nash, Bell, and Barbosa to stay healthy so House stays on the bench.

So he jacks up alot of shots with a respectable shooting percentage. Sounds like he's doing exactly what D'Antoni wants in the absence of Amare. Sure sounds like 1/2 of Q(jacks up alot of shots). Q however was a starter with a 45M contract. Sounds like a good deal for the suns.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I guess one question is whether jacking up a lot of shots is a skill at all. I don't think it is. Making a good percentage is a skill, but it's one that House lacks. There's nothing difficult about missing often -- I do it myself all the time.

Since Barbosa's injury, House has settled into the backup PG role. He still can't run an offense, but he has been more disciplined in his shot selection. It sometimes occurs to him now that the team can have an entire offensive possession without him having to take a shot. I think it's an improvement, and he has bothered me less the last couple of games.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Neo needs to "WATCH" afew games then come back and debate. House has been a total blessing. He is a big spark off the bench.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I will concede that House was huge in the Utah game and has been a spark coming off the bench in half the other games he in which he has played. However, half the time he has been worthless. That is the problem with House. Half the time he is on, half the time he is off. A consistant asset he is not.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Neo said:

Malcom Mackey:shrug:

nowagimp

Reaction score
elindholm said:
I guess one question is whether jacking up a lot of shots is a skill at all. I don't think it is. Making a good percentage is a skill, but it's one that House lacks. There's nothing difficult about missing often -- I do it myself all the time.

Well let me see, he shot 46% from 3 last year for the Kings and even those who dont like him say he shoots a "respectable percentage". I guess that means that those that really dont like him say he cant shoot. I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Well let me see, he shot 46% from 3 last year for the Kings and even those who dont like him say he shoots a "respectable percentage".... I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

Not really. The question is whether he can sustain his dramatically improved numbers from last season, or whether that was just a fluke. If he shoots 40+%, then I say sure, fire away baby, and we'll take the misses as part of the package. But he's already down to 38% this year, which is still good, but not really anything to write home about. And if you subtract out the insane game against Utah -- which was spectacular, but was, after all, only one game -- he's shooting a paltry 7-26, which is 27%.

So basically we're talking, so far, about someone who shoots a terrible percentage (no way is 27% "respectable"), but once a month blows up and can't miss. To me, that's not the kind of weapon any good team should be excited about.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think House's play has been incredible this season. All for a $1 million contract? Sounds like a pretty good investment to me. House brings energy off the bench if the starters are slumping. He's kickstarted the team when they were falling behind and kept us in the game almost single-handedly several times in this young season.

TradeNash

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
elindholm said:
And if you subtract out the insane game against Utah -- which was spectacular, but was, after all, only one game -- he's shooting a paltry 7-26, which is 27%.

So basically we're talking, so far, about someone who shoots a terrible percentage (no way is 27% "respectable"), but once a month blows up and can't miss. To me, that's not the kind of weapon any good team should be excited about.

He's shooting 52% in the Suns 3 game winning streak. Yeah it was against subpar teams and it's stretching that he'll even be shooting over 35% for the season, but he's a bargain for 900k. One of those outbursts a month is fine with me, maybe he'll even gain enough confidence to have one in the playoffs. When Barbosa comes back, I hope D'Antoni throws out some rotations that include Eddie and the Blur in the backcourt. The two fastest players on the team can raise hell on the D.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake