R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2024)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The teams now spend the first quarter of the season accomplishing what they used to get done in training camp and preseason games.
Bingo, but if you said that 5 weeks ago ya got blasted with "the preseason doesn't matter" lol well when MHJ is going against OUR defense only, a few series against other Defenses would be a good idea

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You think more highly of Jones than I do, but as a general point I agree. It's a big FU to the fans to put that D out there and even conceive of making the playoffs.
I just think you need to have several players on the defensive line, and a good one can have both Jones and Allen.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I just think you need to have several players on the defensive line, and a good one can have both Jones and Allen.
Agreed, although I think at 10M per year, you want that guy to be an above average player that makes a play every once in awhile. Didn't see that at all from Jones today, and his career as a whole doesn't indicate much big play ability.

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe I was mocked for sounding the alarm bells in pre-season concerning our defense. I was told by many old time posters I was being too dramatic and ridicules worrying about "meaningless" pre-season games.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Anyone who thought our defense wouldn’t be bottom 10 was delusional.

I noted a few Budda missed tackles today. Looking washed
If we finish outsidenthe top 10 on offense and bottom 10 on defense hard to argue where we improved this year.

Hopefully Darius Robinson can come back and have a greater impact than the completely invisible Xavier Thomas and provide some push up the middle.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok? lets pretend we live in the world where week 1 indicates the rest of the season...

Cardinals go like 8-9 or 7-10 as expected? because that is what I saw today.

and yet you're drunk on "reality" and we have like 5 wins this year?

5 wins is just a likely as 8 wins. That's the issue.

The we had all this cap space and draft capital and our ceiling is 8 wins. Why is that acceptable?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thought our defense wouldn’t be bottom 10 was delusional.

I noted a few Budda missed tackles today. Looking washed

Budda is done here. Smart team trades him in the off season with a year left. I hope Michael doesn't give him the Larry "Thanks for all you have done" contract.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not saying Budda isn’t washed but nobody can dispute he hasn’t been done any favors having to carry this defense since he stepped into the league outside of 1 year at best.

I don’t think people acknowledged how much better Baker could have been if had talent in front of him.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying Budda isn’t washed but nobody can dispute he hasn’t been done any favors having to carry this defense since he stepped into the league outside of 1 year at best.

I don’t think people acknowledged how much better Baker could have been if had talent in front of him.

The Kyler Murray of the defense. And I say that as a Kyler guy.

At some point the stars gotta be stars for an entire game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If I expected Budda to be God & had the power to prevent the 10 players in front of him from getting pushed back yards & yards away then yea I would share this viewpoint as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

People love to complain about the best player on the defense. Budda is tasked primarily with covering up for the mistakes of arguably the worst secondary in the NFL with no pass rush threat.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People love to complain about the best player on the defense. Budda is tasked primarily with covering up for the mistakes of arguably the worst secondary in the NFL with no pass rush threat.
“Stars gotta be stars for an entire game” yea this ain’t basketball my guy. Gotta stop talking like it is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I could argue that our two Ss and two ILBs were our 4 best defensive players today. If we don’t have any other good players to pay, why not pay the ones we have? Until I see us actually spend money on players that matter or draft ones who make an impact , I am not interested in letting the few we have go.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could argue that our two Ss and two ILBs were our 4 best defensive players today. If we don’t have any other good players to pay, why not pay the ones we have? Until I see us actually spend money on players that matter or draft ones who make an impact , I am not interested in letting the few we have go.

Our two safeties make 32 million dollars. More than the entire DL combined

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our safeties make as much as the next top 6 defensive players combined. It's such a hilarious misuse of salary.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky