R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2024)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yea, the preseason point would be accurate if we started out slow then came out firing in the 2nd half, not the other way around.
I think the only change to consider was Marvin's comment about not having played since Nov. Maybe he could have benefitted from some more PS reps since it had been so long. I would probably make that point for all of the younger players. Didn't seem to have mattered to the vets.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the only change to consider was Marvin's comment about not having played since Nov. Maybe he could have benefitted from some more PS reps since it had been so long. I would probably make that point for all of the younger players. Didn't seem to have mattered to the vets.
100% agree. At a minimum all of the rookies should be seeing PS reps whether they are slated to be starters or not. Even if it is to just get them used to the play speed of the NFL and shake off some of the nerves. Get that first real NFL contact. There is just no substitute for actual game speed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right but they came out looking prepared for the most part. Adjustments on the other hand…
saw the same script repeatedly last year. Play a surprisingly solid 1st half, followed by a 2nd half collapse. Continuing that trend in Game 1 this year is probably what worries me the most about this coaching staff moving forward.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They didn't fall apart. A good team with a good QB and good coaches found a way, at home, to turn a bad start around.

It's always tough when you have a good first half against a good team. They get to go in to half time and assess and adjust. The winning team, they go in and say "Well done, more of the same".

The Bills have a say in this too. I think it's naive to think we should just expect the Bills to roll over.

If people here weren't expecting the Cards to be a worse team than the Bills then it feels like it's on them. We started on fire, returned to par and still had a chance to win the game. Arguably should have won the game, and had Kyler seem a wide open MHJ this board has a whole different attitude today.

Myself, I'm taking the positive. If we can hang with the Bills on the road with Kyler not playing well and MHJ and Wilson having a combined 9 yards, imagine what we can do once that sort that out?
If “on par” means scoring 3 points in a half, I’m out.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
saw the same script repeatedly last year. Play and surprisingly solid 1st half, followed by a 2nd half collapse. Continuing that trend in Game 1 this year is probably what worries me the most about this coaching staff moving forward.
You can only cover up your weaknesses for so long in this league.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eh, we could be 2-0 had these guys played together some in the preseason and didn't wait until game 2 of the regular season to build some chemistry.
I didn’t believe we would be in the game with the Bills but we were. I’m happy with 1-1, very happy.

I have an entirely different view of the next 6 games we have. I originally thought 0-8 now 4-4 is doable:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky