R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2024)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. My first thought walking into it for the first time ever was that it felt like a big warehouse rather than a football stadium. We were sold on it being a closed roof stadium only for early season hot weather games and that it would be open all other games. Seemed like most seasons we still played more road games early regardless of the fact we basically had a domed stadium for those games. Then it turned into "Warner likes it closed" or some other factors which have had the roof closed on beautiful days/nights. Meh.

Having a good Kurt Warner back, I'd take it.

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
How do you change your title? I'm no longer team Murray. Done with the guy.
I'm not sure if this is flippant or not. Hard to tell some days around here. ;) But if it's not, hit your account popup at the top of the page and then it's in Account Details. You can always DM me too with what you want and I'll change it for you.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
I miss the SDS days, too.
Boy, this is really people romanticising their younger days 25+ years ago when they were young and excited at the games. I also was a season ticket holder at the worst stadium in the NFL with hard benches seats, 100 degrees at 1:00 in the afternoon, many fights because anyone could get tickets, and always less Cardinal fans than the other team. Not mentioning the ankle deep flooding in the restrooms and concourse and long concession lines. The Cardinals had to build the new stadium, or leave Phoenix. Plus, the teams were the worst in Cardinal history.

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I thought the jerseys they gave out were Plummer, Boston, KVB, and Lassiter.

My wife still wears her KVB, and I still wear my Lassiter.

At a game at SDS, Kyle was getting carted off for an injury and my wife and he had a Mean Joe Greene kind of moment. As he passed by us, she thumbed up her jersey at him and he smiled and gave her a thumbs up.

I was blessed to get to know Kwamie pretty well. Great guy on and off the field. He once stopped me at a game in Glendale and went to customer service for a Sharpie just so he could re-sign my jersey because his signature was fading.

At SDS we used to get the biggest ASFN halftime gatherings. Some people came from the opposite side of the stadium just to be with the group at the half. Now we get just a couple or more at each half.

I also miss stadium security trying to stop the fans from bouncing inflatable beach balls around, @MadJack's signs (when he could really speak his mind), and so many other little things about game days there.
Ah yes I remember it well. We had season tickets for 9 years before we made the move to Wisconsin.

Halftime meets were awesome. And where I met many a good cards fans. Some that we have lost along the way.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've had a day to cool off. I'm going to retract my dark sider post I made in one of these threads and go back to the Kool aiders side:D:koolaid:. They, after all, are my team. Go Cards!
I'm double down. This team is BAD on D and without an OC that can use Kyler, is BAD on O.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, this is really people romanticising their younger days 25+ years ago when they were young and excited at the games. I also was a season ticket holder at the worst stadium in the NFL with hard benches seats, 100 degrees at 1:00 in the afternoon, many fights because anyone could get tickets, and always less Cardinal fans than the other team. Not mentioning the ankle deep flooding in the restrooms and concourse and long concession lines. The Cardinals had to build the new stadium, or leave Phoenix. Plus, the teams were the worst in Cardinal history.
Don't tempt me with a good bad time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake