Raiders | Cameron turns team down

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:17:54 -0800

MediaNews reports San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has turned down the Oakland Raiders' request for an interview regarding the team's vacant head coaching position.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:17:54 -0800

MediaNews reports San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has turned down the Oakland Raiders' request for an interview regarding the team's vacant head coaching position.

I almost feel bad for the Raiders and Al Davis.

Glad he isn't taking every interview that's out there--it at least shows he is committed to coming here should things work out.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Wow... Amazing how such a historic franchise has fallen as far as it has. A team that any coach would love to lead back in it's hey day now has OC's turning down interview offers. Amazing...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow... Amazing how such a historic franchise has fallen as far as it has. A team that any coach would love to lead back in it's hey day now has OC's turning down interview offers. Amazing...

Until Al Davis stops being such an idiotic ******, that franchise will suck and it will be a coaching nightmare.

I seriously think Davis is starting to suffer from Alzheimer's, or some other such debilitation. I wonder how that would be received in the NFL?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Its going to have to be an assistant coach already with the team. There might not be a team in the NFL more devoid of talent or rather talent that cares(Porter/Moss).

Their pass defense was good but a big part of that was that everyone could run on them, they gave up over 2100 yds rushing for the season, so why pass.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its going to have to be an assistant coach already with the team. There might not be a team in the NFL more devoid of talent or rather talent that cares(Porter/Moss).

Their pass defense was good but a big part of that was that everyone could run on them, they gave up over 2100 yds rushing for the season, so why pass.

Rob Ryan is my prediction. He is their DC coach and well liked by the team.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he did this to tell the Cardinals he really wants our job?

I doubt it, probably more of a slam on Davis, but that would be nice.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he didn't want to lose to the Chargers twice a year against the offense he built?

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
His stock definately just went up in my book. Plus, L. Tomlinson was just interviewed on NBC prior to the Seahawks/Cowboys game, and when he was asked why the offense has been so explosive, he credited Cam Cameron, and said Cameron has been able to call all the plays without any imput from M. Shottenheimer. A bit of a slam on Marty Ball, but nice to hear Cameron get the credit.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Black hole" now refers to their head coaching job.

Boltpower 21

Reaction score
Cameron turned down an interview from the Raiders last year as well.

I think it's safe to say any hot coaching prospect can turn down the Raiders and not hurt their chances. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Green is a candidate for Oakland too although not official yet.

Another rumor is that Calvin Johnson is trying to gauge the Raiders' interest in picking him #1 with the idea that if they will pick him, he'll stay at Georgia Tech one more year to avoid them. I've read that on 2 draft sites now, nobody has a quote from him of course they're just saying that Johnson isn't so much asking what is my draft status as, will the Raiders pick me.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Supposedly Green is a candidate for Oakland too although not official yet.

Another rumor is that Calvin Johnson is trying to gauge the Raiders' interest in picking him #1 with the idea that if they will pick him, he'll stay at Georgia Tech one more year to avoid them. I've read that on 2 draft sites now, nobody has a quote from him of course they're just saying that Johnson isn't so much asking what is my draft status as, will the Raiders pick me.

Russ, I can't see Green giving up next years salary from the Cards by taking a coaching position in the NFL this year. Greens MO is one to take the money. It could be he did that to Minnesota to make a point.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, I can't see Green giving up next years salary from the Cards by taking a coaching position in the NFL this year. Greens MO is one to take the money. It could be he did that to Minnesota to make a point.

He could take money for doing nothing, and then go back to ESPN or something, or he could take another 5 year deal with oakland and make more money in the long run.

:shrug:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's sad for any Raiders fan. That team has a ton of holes. I'd get Coughlin if I were them.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Per KFFL
Raiders | Davis looking for young offensive mind
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:17:35 -0800
Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl">Oakland Raiders managing general partner Al Davis is looking towards a young coaching prospect with a bright offensive mind to serve as the team's next head coach. The Raiders were expected to interview Southern California assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach Steve Sarkisian Monday, Jan. 8

So much for DG goin there they want a young coaching prospect...DG is neither, he's not young and he can't coach

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe what a joke the Raiders are. They used to be a successful franchise and now I think most coaching candidates would rather get AIDS than work for Al Davis.

That team was the worst I've ever seen on an NFL field this season. Art Shell? He was out of coaching for what, 10 years? And how Randy Moss can end up with like 600 yards for the season is beyond me - even with a lousy QB(s).