Rams are LEGIT....................but

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a very difficult schedule! With an easier schedule this could be a 13-3 team. They have both a tough home & away schedule. Out of division Home Games: Phila, Wash, Balt., Saints, Cincy. Out of division away games: NYG, Packers, Dallas, Cleve, Pittsburgh. They open with 3 out of 4 at home, but the competition is stiff the first 8 games: vs. Philly, @ Giants, vs. Ravens, vs. Skins, @ Packers, @ Dallas, vs. New Orleans, @ AZ. The schedule softens a bit the 2nd half, but they'll still have to win @ Cleve(better than people think), @ Sea, @ SF & @ Pittsburgh.

I've followed them closely this preseason & have been very impressed, but I think they will have to play EXTREMELY well to finish 9-7. All this being said, the Rams have positioned themselves to be a Super Bowl contender for years to come.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They have two games different from us.

With the Eagles' offensive line problems and guys like Maclin and Smith having less time to get back into the fold, I could see a HUGE upset in week 1 against the Eagles. If they manage to go back-to-back against Philly and the Giants, they're suddenly one of the biggest stories in the NFL.

Can't worry about other teams in your division until you face them, though. St. Louis is the prohibitive favorite and they're probably better than a lot of people think. Their DBs are suspect, but their OL is underrated.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think they win the division at either 9-7 or 8-8.

St. Louis - 9-7
AZ - 7-9
Seattle - 6-10
SF - 4-12

That's my best case prediction.

seesred

Reaction score
For us to have a chance we must beat division teams. If we do we will be on top. If we don't there is no way we beat out the LA/St.louis team.

GBR

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I believe the Lambs are legit also...but their first 7 games could be murder...Philly, @Gmen, Ravens, Skins, @GB, @Dal & the Saints. If they aren't 3-5 even though they are in the NFC Worst, they mentally could be out of the race.

Bradfords gonna be a thorn in the Cards side for years to come, so we better get some edge rushers to get him on the turf!!!

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon, the Rams are not Super Bowl contenders.

My point was that they have POSITIONED themselves to be a SB contender for years to come. They have a franchise QB, are very well coached, and are close to dominant on both lines of scrimmage. Only time will tell, but I see blue skies ahead for St. Louis fans.

Buckybird

Reaction score
My point was that they have POSITIONED themselves to be a SB contender for years to come. They have a franchise QB, are very well coached, and are close to dominant on both lines of scrimmage. Only time will tell, but I see blue skies ahead for St. Louis fans.

anyone who thinks otherwise isn't paying attention IMO...lets just hope Kolb is the answer for our Redbirds. The Lambs are only gonna get better.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe the Lambs are legit also...but their first 7 games could be murder...Philly, @Gmen, Ravens, Skins, @GB, @Dal & the Saints. If they aren't 3-5 even though they are in the NFC Worst, they mentally could be out of the race.

Bradfords gonna be a thorn in the Cards side for years to come, so we better get some edge rushers to get him on the turf!!!

Don't be surprised if they come out of those games @ 5-3! I'll call it right now, they will beat the Eagles in their opener. The Eagles D is small & the Rams will run it down their throat. Their D is kryptonite to a QB like Vick. They will hit him relentlessly. Spags has that team hitting like there's no tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have two games different from us.

With the Eagles' offensive line problems and guys like Maclin and Smith having less time to get back into the fold, I could see a HUGE upset in week 1 against the Eagles. If they manage to go back-to-back against Philly and the Giants, they're suddenly one of the biggest stories in the NFL.

Can't worry about other teams in your division until you face them, though. St. Louis is the prohibitive favorite and they're probably better than a lot of people think. Their DBs are suspect, but their OL is underrated.

Agreed, but those 2 different teams have huge differentials. They play New Orleans, we play Carolina. They play GB, we play Minnesota. That alone could be the difference between making the playoffs & watching from home.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what you're saying is the Iggles will spank us in November? :D

Yes, pretty much! Vick is a horrible matchup for the Cardinals. I circled an L for that game a long time ago. Hopefully, Vick is injured by then.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams will NOT beat the Eagles.. BET?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also judging how legit a team is in pre season is just as silly as judging how bad one may be.... Sam Bradford still has a lot to prove.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Also judging how legit a team is in pre season is just as silly as judging how bad one may be.... Sam Bradford still has a lot to prove.

So you're saying the Colts have a chance without Manning? They've looked pretty good w/o him haven't they? The Iggles & Vick? I think the Colts are in trouble & the Eagles are going to wish Kolb was still there at some point this year. The starters playing well in preseason or not, does have some merit...is it the end all/be all? Nope, but sometimes in preseason you can get a feel for whats in store for a team.

BTW Bradfords a star IMO

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think this year will show us whether Spags is truly a talented coach. He has the personnel to have a 9-7 or better season. If he pulls it off, then both he and the Rams are legit. If not, back to the drawing board for the baa baa black sheep.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to me he doesn't. I watched him in college and in the pros last season and it's been clear from the beginning that only injury can keep him from becoming one of the league's best. I'm not sure how much more he (and they, the Rams) need to show us to convince us they're legit - they are legit. Maybe still a year away from being one of the truly elite teams but they appear to be well on their way. Hope we are too.

Steve

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Rams have to win a division first or they will be like the Texans getting picked every year to finally make the playoffs but don't. Now the Texans are in a much tougher division but it still holds true...till you do it your not legit. I also have a funny feeling and I hope I'm wrong because I wish this on no player with his talent, but Bradford's past injury is going to resurface this year.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to me he doesn't. I watched him in college and in the pros last season and it's been clear from the beginning that only injury can keep him from becoming one of the league's best. I'm not sure how much more he (and they, the Rams) need to show us to convince us they're legit - they are legit. Maybe still a year away from being one of the truly elite teams but they appear to be well on their way. Hope we are too.

Steve

Agreed. Bradford should be better this this year and he has more weapons. I believe the D will be better also.

Rams team to beat in our division.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The Rams come to play every week. If the Cardinals can finally do the same this year, we'll have a chance. Otherwise, forget about it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Other than Sam Bradford and Roger Saffold (and possibly Lance Hendricks), what good young players do they have on offense? I thought so...

On defense, they do have Long and Laurinitis, but what else? All the rest of the team is 30+. They didn't exactly build for the longterm and if they surprise anyone in the next year or two and make a playoff run, they will be forced to rebuild once all those older players they've brought in hit the wall.

That's what happens when you rely on the Chike Okeafors, Bert Berrys, Mike Gandys of the world. All of a sudden, your team is old and you have no one behind them to step in and start.

Also, who are their WRs? Mike Sims-Walker? Puhleaze. After Sims-Walker, the rest of their WR corps wouldn't even be #3 WRs on the Cardinals.

The Rams sold out their future to win now, and they won't win big. They would have been better off taking the approach that the Seahawks took in signing only young players and building for the next few years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with the Rams this year is that Bradford got a new OC in only his second season who also happens to run the most complicated system. I see the offense struggling this year.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would say they are the favorites, but I'm not convinced they'll do it. They have some good players to build around, that's for sure. But will it all come together this year? I like Bradford, but not sold on his wr's. (although he does a good enough job *seemingly* regardless of the receivers).

Jackson is getting up in years, but still should be good for the next couple. Once he's gone, that's a big hole to fill. But that's not this year.

I think we can finish ahead of them, but I would obviously not say we should be favored over them to win it.

It's theirs to lose, but they have to actually win it. (and of course injuries can always happen...to any team.)

Buckybird

Reaction score
Other than Sam Bradford and Roger Saffold (and possibly Lance Hendricks), what good young players do they have on offense? I thought so...

On defense, they do have Long and Laurinitis, but what else? All the rest of the team is 30+. They didn't exactly build for the longterm and if they surprise anyone in the next year or two and make a playoff run, they will be forced to rebuild once all those older players they've brought in hit the wall.

That's what happens when you rely on the Chike Okeafors, Bert Berrys, Mike Gandys of the world. All of a sudden, your team is old and you have no one behind them to step in and start.

Also, who are their WRs? Mike Sims-Walker? Puhleaze. After Sims-Walker, the rest of their WR corps wouldn't even be #3 WRs on the Cardinals.

The Rams sold out their future to win now, and they won't win big. They would have been better off taking the approach that the Seahawks took in signing only young players and building for the next few years.

1)To call them old is going out on a limb!!! Quinn was added to an already solid front 4 & has played pretty well in preseason, the have young talent thats only going to get better IMO

2)The WR corp is young, talented & unproven...and the added Walker to the mix. Avery, Gilyard, Amendola & rooks Salas & Pettis can play in this league...IMO they aren't quite the terrible unit you think they are

3)The Rams Dline will be just as good or better than ours IMO. Spags teams play tough, disciplined defensive football, something the Cards haven't done in ages!!!

4) I would trade our Oline for the Rams right now!!!

5) It all comes down to Bradford & he's got star written all over him. If you have a franschise QB, you have a chance!!!

6)Oh BTW they have this RB named Steven Jackson...you should watch him he's ok :D
I respect the Lambs & they way they've built a team pretty quickly

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1)To call them old is going out on a limb!!! Quinn was added to an already solid front 4 & has played pretty well in preseason, the have young talent thats only going to get better IMO

2)The WR corp is young, talented & unproven...and the added Walker to the mix. Avery, Gilyard, Amendola & rooks Salas & Pettis can play in this league...IMO they aren't quite the terrible unit you think they are

3)The Rams Dline will be just as good or better than ours IMO. Spags teams play tough, disciplined defensive football, something the Cards haven't done in ages!!!

4) I would trade our Oline for the Rams right now!!!

5) It all comes down to Bradford & he's got star written all over him. If you have a franschise QB, you have a chance!!!

6)Oh BTW they have this RB named Steven Jackson...you should watch him he's ok :D
I respect the Lambs & they way they've built a team pretty quickly

Gibson has looked good at receiver for them also. More depth at running back with Williams and Norwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05