Rams are LEGIT....................but

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes, the WR's are average at best. A bunch of #2's and half of them have a history of injuries(D.Avery,D.Alexander,Sims-Walker). Avery and Alexander are the only 2 guys who can get deep but it's not a lock that either guy makes the team because those injuries have already saddled them in training camp.

Forgot about Gibson. Easy to forgot about all these guys. See, this is what I'm talking about. You said "a bunch of #2's". As a long time Cardinals fan, I know I've said the same thing before about a group of completely unproven players. At best I see one #2 and a bunch of #3s and #4s.

You're likely looking at Brandon Gibson,Sims-Walker,Amendola and rookie's Greg Salas and TE Kendrickson as the starters week 1 IMO. Not great but
JMac will get Bradford to spread the ball around quite a bit...and involve the RB's who are solid as a unit. Cadillac Williams has looked outstanding in camp and preseason. My "objective" opinion on the recieving core is that they're just a bunch of average guys who will be in a fantastic offensive system catching passes from a good QB.

It's great if you want to put up stats, but where you get hurt when you lack talent at WR is scoring in the redzone. None of those receivers scare me. Cadillac Williams is a decent player, but by no means is he great. He's also one of the more injury prone players in the league. I still don't get why the Rams weren't more aggressive bringing a younger, more promising RB. Or going after legitimate starting WRs.

CB Bradley Fletcher is better than Bartell already....except most dont know that yet ;). Thats 3 of 4 four guys who have been drafted and developed in Spags proven system (Bartell was a Scott Linehan holdover draft pick).

Spags is proven as a coordinator. But he isn't proven as a head coach. Bartell is a decent corner, but hardly great.

Why do you consider Robert Quinn a HUGE risk? Because he sat out his final year at NC due to a suspension? If the Rams felt there were character issues there they wouldn't have drafted him...trust me on that.
As a football player i see zero risk....all the skills are there to be a dynamic pass rusher at the next level. Size,speed,football IQ...dude singlehandedly blocked a FG against KC the other night....lol. It remains to be seen but we have our bookends of the future at DE IMO.

Possibly. Why do I consider him a risk? The same reason I was one of his biggest proponents on this board but still considered him a risk. He had one year of good football in college. He has character concerns, whether you want to admit it or not. And he hasn't played football in over a year.

I understand he's a great talent, but that doesn't mean he's going to work out.

Robbins will have to be replaced sure...but they only hold the NFL Draft once a year.

There isn't great depth behind him. That's why I say that by the Rams bringing in all these older players, the window to win with them is small. That means you'll be replacing them soon, and if not, their performance will decline. It's the same problem with our Super Bowl team, we had too many older players on the roster, and then two years later we were forced to fill too many holes.

If the Rams were ok with bringing in shady character types....and they were trying to "win it now with a quick fix" (as you claim) they would've brought in Randy Moss or made a strong play for Vincent Jackson last season,or Terrell Owens this season right? Its a mix of young drafted players at key positions:
Bradford at QB
R.Saffold at LT
J.Smith at RT
L.Kendricks/"Illionois" Mike at TE

C.Long at DE
J.Laurinaitis at MLB
B.Fletcher at CB
R.Quinn at DE

Nice list of players (though I don't think J.Smith is very good), but outside of Bradford, it's not a great list. Still missing a gamebreaking offensive talent to pair with Bradford. As good as Long is, he's not a gamebreaker. Quinn will have to become that guy or it will be back to the drawing board.

When building a team from the ground up(and we were the worst football team i've ever seen just 2 yrs ago :lol:) you've got to have older veterans to mentor the puppies....but also contribute. Guys like James Hall,Robbins,Nail Diggs,Al Harris etc are definately old...but they know their roles. Hall had 10.5 sacks last year Krang....not bad for an old guy.

And Hall is what I'm talking about; if Quinn doesn't produce and Hall falls off the Rams take a step back here. I see Diggs was just cut for Ben Leber....IMO Leber, outside of pass coverage is a meh player.

Free agent DB Quinton Mikkel is 30 yrs old and a pro bowler just 2 yrs ago...he knows Spags system. Is that a guy who wont make an impact in your opinion?

The track record for guys leaving Philly's system and falling on their face is long. Atogwe was a pretty good player in his own right. I don't know how much of an upgrade this is. We'll see.

Free agent OG Harvey Dahl is 30 yrs old too...he's replacing last years starter Adam Goldberg at RG <<< (yeah who? He was terrible.).

But Greco who you guys traded to the Browns was VERY good according to numerous scouting reports I've read.

Finally,what HYPE are you speaking of exactly Krang? As far as i know there isn't much hype involving St Louis other than Bradford having a good rookie season last year.....i dont sense that from the general NFL public to be honest....they're just a horribly bad team 3 yrs ago who's getting better quickly.
Its the system.

On this board, on ESPN, all over the place. The Rams won 7 games last year. I think most of "us" (Cardinals fans) think it was still our division if we even had average QB play. I still think that.

I mean...they're not getting that year-after-year San Francisco hype. :lol:
Good discussion Krang...keep it real though. I'm not proclaiming my team Super Bowl champions ok? :D

Please merge Mods because i doubt anyone in here really gives a #%@! about this LOL
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f23/2011-st-louis-rams-thread-162527.html

I hate the Rams the least of the rest of the NFC West. I hate the 9ers the most, with the Seahawks a close second. The 9ers are just punks who haven't won crap in a LOOOONG time now. They are bottom feeders and their fans haven't realized that yet. I hate everything Washington, so naturally I hate the Seahawks. I hate Pete Carroll.

But the Rams have felt tough times, and your fans are good fans that aren't too cocky. I can respect that. But I'm going to knock down the ego if I think it's excessive. And right now, I think people are crowning the Rams before they've shown anything.

Yeah good discussion. I value your opinion and it's made me look at the Rams closer. :)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great thread.

Not legit. Too many great posts to highlight any of them.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem I see with the Rams this year is that Bradford got a new OC in only his second season who also happens to run the most complicated system. I see the offense struggling this year.

WOOHOO, I called that one.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll have to make sure that next August I start a thread indicating the Niners are the team to beat in the NFCW! Crow is a mighty tasty dish when seasoned properly!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05