Rams Lose Many to Injuries

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3043915

IRVING, Texas -- St. Louis Rams linebacker Raonall Smith, defensive end Leonard Little and offensive guard Adam Goldberg left Sunday's 35-7 loss at Dallas with knee injuries, and receiver Isaac Bruce strained his left hamstring.
Starting safety Corey Chavous left in the fourth quarter with a strained left pectoral muscle, which was initially reported as a strained shoulder.
All the knee injuries were described by coach Scott Linehan as sprains. Goldberg hurt his left knee, with Smith and Little injuring their right knees.
"We will see the extent of those injuries [Monday]," Linehan said without elaborating on any of them.
With the Rams trailing 35-7 and already without another lineman late in the third quarter, Gus Frerotte replaced Marc Bulger at quarterback. Bulger was playing with two broken ribs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
agreed yeah the steelers win was amazing but dont overlook the rams they still have very good players on offense especially if Stephen Jackson comes back next week

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Being in their position more than once (0-4) they have nothing to lose. They will be fired up to face us next week.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
agreed yeah the steelers win was amazing but dont overlook the rams they still have very good players on offense especially if Stephen Jackson comes back next week
I really doubt it. i watched the Dallas game today and the announcers said that he still has a 40% tear in his groin. That is no good.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I know winning is fun and this is a great win, however the game against an 0-4 team on the road is way more important because that is EXACTLY the type of game the old Cardinals would show up and lose against all odds.

TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED, better to prepare your ass off and win by huge numbers of points than to assume it's a cakewalk and get your ass handed to you.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know winning is fun and this is a great win, however the game against an 0-4 team on the road is way more important because that is EXACTLY the type of game the old Cardinals would show up and lose against all odds.

TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED, better to prepare your ass off and win by huge numbers of points than to assume it's a cakewalk and get your ass handed to you.

That game next week is freakin' huge. Much bigger than today's game. We can't blow a game like that and expect to do much.

Let's see how Whis does getting our guys focused after a huge win. We didn't do too great for a quarter-and-a-half after the Seattle win.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

100% correct. right on the money.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
yyyyyup, i think if denny was still the coach we would probably overlook this, but whis and grimm both come from a steeler team that won alot, and played the browns alot, so i dont think we will overlook, but winning by a large margin should be the goal.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100% correct. right on the money.

Agreed, next weeks game will be as big and important as the win vs the Steelers because it will tell us not only that this team can win tough, but that they can also handle winning and get to digging again the very next week.
I want to read a lot of "Sunday was great, but we've getting ready for St. Louis.".

Also: we got to learn a little more, after a tough road loss and a lot of media outlets talking controversy the day worked out really well.

I very very much want to see a score over St. Louis like the Cowboys put up today.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Agreed, next weeks game will be as big and important as the win vs the Steelers because it will tell us not only that this team can win tough, but that they can also handle winning and get to digging again the very next week.
I want to read a lot of "Sunday was great, but we've getting ready for St. Louis.".

Also: we got to learn a little more, after a tough road loss and a lot of media outlets talking controversy the day worked out really well.

I very very much want to see a score over St. Louis like the Cowboys put up today.

Would be nice. A win is a win is a win. No more "aw shucks. we were so close..." We need to get a lead and pund edge down some throats. He is game, and he deserves to put up big numbers in routes.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, the Rams are hurting bad. This seems like the Cards of a few years back when we lost all our starting WRs and just got hurt every game.

Sucks...sad for fans of the Rams because injuries are just tough to deal with.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
Most teams don't go 0-5. The Cardinals should win, but it won't be easy. The crowd and the city will be there in full effect.

Reaction score
Most teams don't go 0-5. The Cardinals should win, but it won't be easy. The crowd and the city will be there in full effect.
Welcome back, Rams4! Your absolutely right playing in St. Louis next week could be a bit like poking a wounded animal with a stick; if your not careful you might get bit!

Cardinal need to prepare hard, play with focus, and don't allow the Rams any hope of victory!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score

Yeah this is kind of what I have been thinking. Its rare to see a pro team start 0-5. I'm thinking this game will be tougher than we all think, even with all the injuries St Louis has.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cardinal need to prepare hard, play with focus, and don't allow the Rams any hope of victory!

With a young team, coming off of such an emotional victory...

It will take a big effort from Whis, his staff, and the leaders of the team to match the intensity level from last week.

When is the last time we were:

A) Clear favorites on the road?

B) Blew a team out?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The motivation this week is we sent a pissed of Pitt team to the doorstep of Seattle and if we beat STL...we will be tied for first in our division or at the very least, at the front of the pack for the wildcard.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a game the old Cardinals historically lose. They would have an opertunity to get back above .500 and then throw up a stinker on the road.

This is another big test for Whisenhunt. Can the Cards get their first road win under Whisehunt?

The Rams are like a wounded dog right now fighting for life. They will do anything to stay alive. If the Cardinals are not careful they might get bit on the ass.

I believe that the Cards can win all of our remaining home games with our home field advantage. That means that we need 2-3 wins on the road to get us to 10 or 11 wins which should put us in the playoffs. This would be a nice win on the road. But the Cardinals better not take the Rams too lightly!