Ray Allen agrees to sign back with Seattle..

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
and according to ESPN the clips will turn their attention to Larry Hughes and Joe Johnson.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Why is everyone concerned about Joe Johnson?

The most anyone else can offer is a 5 year deal. If Ray Allen an Unrestricted FA can return to his team wouldn't Johnson a restricted FA likely to return to his?

The Suns can offer him more money than anyone else can.

Johnson will be back with the Suns next season. I will be completely stunned and suprised if he is not.

Mad Psyentist

Reaction score
well....that sucks.

I know it shouldnt be a big deal with the talent on our team, but im always happy when a marquee player moves from the west to the east. Actually i think thats pretty obvious. Having allen shift to the opposing conference couldve opened up another guard spot on the all star team (JJ next year...maybe) and also be one less team to worry about.

I figured if ray allen hadnt resign, that whole team wouldve crumbled because no one would want to sign with them

OP
OP
Amare32

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Why is everyone concerned about Joe Johnson?

The most anyone else can offer is a 5 year deal. If Ray Allen an Unrestricted FA can return to his team wouldn't Johnson a restricted FA likely to return to his?

The Suns can offer him more money than anyone else can.

Johnson will be back with the Suns next season. I will be completely stunned and suprised if he is not.

I'm not worried at all but what I' am worried about is the fact Joe could be on a max contract. I don't like the idea of having 3 max guys on our team. Just hurts when it comes to signing guys in the future.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Ray going back to Seattle helps Iveroni's chance to get the Portland job.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Amare32 said:
I'm not worried at all but what I' am worried about is the fact Joe could be on a max contract. I don't like the idea of having 3 max guys on our team. Just hurts when it comes to signing guys in the future.

I don't think it will be a max contract but it will probably be close (60-70 MIL /6 years).

It won't really affect us for another 2-3 years even if he does. I prefer to worry about what will happen when it does.

Let's just enjoy the ride. :)

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cavs offered Redd $72 over tive years. That is a an awful lot of money, but it seems unlikely they would offer JJ more considering that Redd has great Ohio connections.

Redd hasn't made a decision yet. Most of the extra the Bucks are offering are based on the extra year, so the per year is pretty close. Generally, locking in the extra year is the way to go, but it also means the player is a year older when free agency comes up again. I'm not sure it is a done deal with Redd, although I expect the Cavs are focusing on Huges at this point.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
Ray going back to Seattle helps Iveroni's chance to get the Portland job.

Maybe I sound a little selfish saying this, but I hope Iavaroni loses out on the Portland job and comes back to us. I think he's been crucial to STAT's unbelievable progress, and that progress might slow a bit should he leave.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
Maybe I sound a little selfish saying this, but I hope Iavaroni loses out on the Portland job and comes back to us. I think he's been crucial to STAT's unbelievable progress, and that progress might slow a bit should he leave.
Nobody wants to lose a good player/coach. But he deserves his shot, you have to hope for the best with guys like him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05