RealGM: Sprewell to Lakers

fordronken

Reaction score
A Minnesota paper is reporting it. Now can Kwame Brown PLEASE come into camp with those Mickey Mouse hair sprouts with Sprewell?

Will Sprewell even make it through training camp before Phil Jackson calls him out to the media and Sprewell starts getting mad and sulking?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't trust RealGM anymore.

However, if it's true, it's a stupid signing. They can't make an elite team by bringing in second-tier players on the downsides of their careers, like Sprewell and McKie. They need to commit themselves to rebuilding around Bryant, Odom, and Brown, and invest their remaining time and effort in young talent.

OP
OP
F

fordronken

Reaction score
I'm telling you. The way Mitch Kupchak runs the Lakers is he says things like "Hey! I know who that guy is. Let's get him!"

Tomjanovich, Jackson, Brown, McKie, Sprewell. I think the only reason Shaq got traded to the Heat was because he remembered who Pat Riley was. And he drafted Vujacic last year because all the mock drafts told him to.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm guessing that Spreewell is going to have to settle for a minimum contract. We may think that JJ is the biggest idiot in the NBA, but Spreewell's decision to turn down an extension last season at a much lower price makes JJ look like a total genius.

BTW, the South Florida papers are saying the Heat are interested in Gary Payton. Since the Heat have their MLE, I'm sure GP is very interested in them. In any case, if GP signs with the Heat, it would mean that Jay Williams will still be looking for a home. He might be worth a "make good" camp contract to see if his comeback is all smoke or not.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
We may think that JJ is the biggest idiot in the NBA, but Spreewell's decision to turn down an extension last season at a much lower price makes JJ look like a total genius.

I agree. Sprewell's move was one the stupidest decisions what a player has ever made.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mitch is being hamstrung by the Lakers not signing anyone long term. We all know their agenda. :mad:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I can see Spree and Kobe getting along REALLLLLLLLLLL well..

Hey, might as well go all out. If your gonna bring back Phil, might as well bring back the dysfunction as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake