Reasons to get behind Kevin Kolb

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The other thing ive always noticed is Kolb always ended up getting matched up against better defenses then Skelton did.

Interested to see how Kolb does against some mediocre defenses like Miami, Buffalo, and Minny

Really? Skelton played the Niners twice and went against Seattle when they were on their late season tear. I wouldnt say either Kolb or Skelton held much of an advantage in opponent strength last year.

Kolb is having more success because he isnt shooting himself in the foot. Could we have won the New England game if you tossed -50 (or more) in sack yardage and a couple turnovers onto Kolb's stat line? Absolutely not, and those kinds of stats were routinely facets of Kolb's game last year.

His success is not a case of him getting help that was not there last year or of him having played such a touch schedule last year. Its because he is managing games instead of destroying them.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really? Skelton played the Niners twice and went against Seattle when they were on their late season tear. I wouldnt say either Kolb or Skelton held much of an advantage in opponent strength last year.

Kolb is having more success because he isnt shooting himself in the foot. Could we have won the New England game if you tossed -50 (or more) in sack yardage and a couple turnovers onto Kolb's stat line? Absolutely not, and those kinds of stats were routinely facets of Kolb's game last year.

His success is not a case of him getting help that was not there last year or of him having played such a touch schedule last year. Its because he is managing games instead of destroying them.
I wish I didn't have to stay logged in for the ignore feature to be functional. You dissed everything about the man, and you still can't ...nevermind.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish I didn't have to stay logged in for the ignore feature to be functional. You dissed everything about the man, and you still can't ...nevermind.

Do you even read?

I said he is managing games instead of destroying them... and its true. The player he was last year was losing games by taking an insane amount of negative plays. This year he is a different player... in a good way. Do you believe he is the same guy he was last year?

I have complimented him several times over the last few weeks, because he is a different player than he was last year. When I say he is "managing games" its a compliment. Thats a good thing, with a defense as good as ours thats what we need.

If you cant comprehend that then fine, put me on ignore.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you even read?

I said he is managing games instead of destroying them... and its true. The player he was last year was losing games by taking an insane amount of negative plays. This year he is a different player... in a good way. Do you believe he is the same guy he was last year?

I have complimented him several times over the last few weeks, because he is a different player than he was last year. When I say he is "managing games" its a compliment. Thats a good thing, with a defense as good as ours thats what we need.

If you cant comprehend that then fine, put me on ignore.
I've already put you on ignore sunshine. If you wanna talk the current talk, go ahead, but you still on ignore and everybody knows why homeboy. Re-pave what ever road you like, but don't say you had it right, or that you have it right now. You suck like you said Kolb sucked, own it. Talk about comprehending...nevermind.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've already put you on ignore sunshine. If you wanna talk the current talk, go ahead, but you still on ignore and everybody knows why homeboy. Re-pave what ever road you like, but don't say you had it right, or that you have it right now. You suck like you said Kolb sucked, own it. Talk about comprehending...nevermind.

... Kolb DID suck last year. He SUCKED in the preseason and its why he lost his job. Its humorous that you want to take it so personally.

So, before you go into why "I suck" and how I need to re-pave roads. Please, tell me if you think Kolb is playing the same now compared to how he played last year?

He is playing far better than he did last year, he is not making negative plays. I wouldnt have killed him all last season and this preseason had he not sucked during those games. And I am perfectly willing to now say that he is playing FAR better and he SHOULD be the QB at the moment.

But if you want to go on pretending that these are all personal attacks and that anyone who had the gall to think that Kolb was a terrible QB last year is a terrible person then fine. Leave me on ignore, you are not worth having rational debate with anyway.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
... Kolb DID suck last year. He SUCKED in the preseason and its why he lost his job. Its humorous that you want to take it so personally.

So, before you go into why "I suck" and how I need to re-pave roads. Please, tell me if you think Kolb is playing the same now compared to how he played last year?

He is playing far better than he did last year, he is not making negative plays. I wouldnt have killed him all last season and this preseason had he not sucked during those games. And I am perfectly willing to now say that he is playing FAR better and he SHOULD be the QB at the moment.

But if you want to go on pretending that these are all personal attacks and that anyone who had the gall to think that Kolb was a terrible QB last year is a terrible person then fine. Leave me on ignore, you are not worth having rational debate with anyway.
The reason why you suck is all in the pudding. You just talked suck all the time. Now that it is possible, you say you don't suck...trust me.

Have a good life fellow Card fan

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reason why you suck is all in the pudding. You just talked suck all the time. Now that it is possible, you say you don't suck...trust me.

Have a good life fellow Card fan

I call em like I see em, and he sucked. I'd love to see you have a logical response to the question of if he is playing the same now as he was last year, but instead you'd rather take the entire situation personally.

So fine, take care.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I call em like I see em, and he sucked. I'd love to see you have a logical response to the question of if he is playing the same now as he was last year, but instead you'd rather take the entire situation personally.

So fine, take care.
Pretty simple, I thought he might get better with time. Like a lot of QBs do, but keep going, this is fun.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty simple, I thought he might get better with time. Like a lot of QBs do, but keep going, this is fun.

Thats fine, but it does not answer the question. You are saying "I suck" because I said that Kolb sucked... when he did suck. The question is; do you think he is playing the same as he did last year?

You attacked me for saying that Kolb is managing games this year and succeeding because of it, opposed last year he was shooting himself in the foot. You seemed to find that statement to be very offensive and apparently way off base.

To rip into me for that statement seems absurd... that is not some unjustified attack. I mean really... you're going to rip into me for that line?

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thats fine, but it does not answer the question. You are saying "I suck" because I said that Kolb sucked... when he did suck. The question is; do you think he is playing the same as he did last year?

You attacked me for saying that Kolb is managing games this year and succeeding because of it, opposed last year he was shooting himself in the foot. You seemed to find that statement to be very offensive and apparently way off base.

To rip into me for that statement seems absurd... that is not some unjustified attack. I mean really... you're going to rip into me for that line?
Weak sauce.

Keep up the shady fight.

You are right, you the man, leave me alone.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weak sauce.

Keep up the shady fight.

You are right, you the man, leave me alone.

... really?

I dont think its asking much for you to explain what was so offensive about the post that triggered you going off and saying that "I suck".

I mean really, go back and read the original post... I dont see how you could have such a volatile reaction to it unless you honestly made no effort to read what I was saying and just assumed I was ripping into him.

Especially when the post in question was complimentary towards his current play. I mean, Kolb is clearly playing very different than he was last season. Could we win the New England game if he took a ton of sack yardage and turned the ball over? No. And thats what he was routinely doing last year. This year he isnt. He is moving forward in the pocket, he isnt running into 10 yard sacks, he isnt bailing on plays... those are the things that I killed him for screwing up last year and right now he isnt doing it. He is managing games and succeeding because of it.

If that kind of statement offends you then... whatever...

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
... really?

I dont think its asking much for you to explain what was so offensive about the post that triggered you going off and saying that "I suck".

I mean really, go back and read the original post... I dont see how you could have such a volatile reaction to it unless you honestly made no effort to read what I was saying and just assumed I was ripping into him.

Especially when the post in question was complimentary towards his current play. I mean, Kolb is clearly playing very different than he was last season. Could we win the New England game if he took a ton of sack yardage and turned the ball over? No. And thats what he was routinely doing last year. This year he isnt. He is moving forward in the pocket, he isnt running into 10 yard sacks, he isnt bailing on plays... those are the things that I killed him for screwing up last year and right now he isnt doing it. He is managing games and succeeding because of it.

If that kind of statement offends you then... whatever...
Fight it all you want, you know why I think you suck. You can't offend me because I don't value your words...thus the ignore. You'll never admit anything so suck it. 3-0 suck it, with Kolb at the helm. Suck it, because your you.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fight it all you want, you know why I think you suck. You can't offend me because I don't value your words...thus the ignore. You'll never admit anything so suck it. 3-0 suck it, with Kolb at the helm. Suck it, because your you.

Right... and I am the one doing "shady" arguments.

I mean seriously dude. Sleep on it and then reread this thread. Jerk.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right... and I am the one doing "shady" arguments.

I mean seriously dude. Sleep on it and then reread this thread. Jerk.
I mean seriously dude, could anybody have been more wrong about Kolb? You own nothing here? I'd say you could sleep on my nuts, but you suck so much I feel my balls would be in jeopardy. You can't say you were wrong, and I can't say that I respect you. That sums it up for me.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean seriously dude, could anybody have been more wrong about Kolb? You own nothing here? I'd say you could sleep on my nuts, but you suck so much I feel my balls would be in jeopardy. You can't say you were wrong, and I can't say that I respect you. That sums it up for me.

Woooooow. I really cannot believe how personally you are taking this. I am sorry, I didnt realize I was debating with Kevin Kolb's dad. I am sorry that your son sucked last year, and I am sorry for voicing my opinion that your son sucked, and yes, I honestly think Kolb really really sucked last year and he deserved to lose his job, but I am honestly very very happy to see him playing better this year and I sincerely hope he keeps it up.

I think Kolb was terrible last year, sorry, its how I feel. And I honestly thought he would continue to suck this year and the preseason strongly indicated that would be the case. 28 year olds generally dont show sudden and dramatic improvement. And he still has a long way to prove himself as a reliable player, but he is off to a nice start this year and I genuinely hope he keeps it up.

You need to learn how to have rational discourse and not take disagreements so personally. I would LOVE to see you explain how my post was so unbelievably offensive.

You disagree with any of that, fine, but lets see if you can act like a grown ass man and explain yourself and not like a child throwing a tantrum.

Peace.

And I apologize to anyone else who had to read through this nonsense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Woooooow. I really cannot believe how personally you are taking this. I am sorry, I didnt realize I was debating with Kevin Kolb's dad. I am sorry that your son sucked last year, and I am sorry for voicing my opinion that your son sucked, and yes, I honestly think Kolb really really sucked last year and he deserved to lose his job, but I am honestly very very happy to see him playing better this year and I sincerely hope he keeps it up.

I think Kolb was terrible last year, sorry, its how I feel. And I honestly thought he would continue to suck this year and the preseason strongly indicated that would be the case. 28 year olds generally dont show sudden and dramatic improvement. And he still has a long way to prove himself as a reliable player, but he is off to a nice start this year and I genuinely hope he keeps it up.

You need to learn how to have rational discourse and not take disagreements so personally. I would LOVE to see you explain how my post was so unbelievably offensive.

You disagree with any of that, fine, but lets see if you can act like a grown ass man and explain yourself and not like a child throwing a tantrum.

Peace.

You suck as bad as you say Kolb did, and that's pretty bad.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think Kolb has played great so far. Hell, he played against the freaking Patriots on the road and a talented Eagles team and he took what he was given, did not turn the ball over, scored the needed points, and we WON. Seriously, if he plays like this the whole year and with this defense, I say he is our franchise QB and we should not use a draft pick early on a QB. I have an idea then, why not draft and make this defense even more amazing and give Horton new toys to plug in and a new loaded contract extension :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Kolb has played great so far. Hell, he played against the freaking Patriots on the road and a talented Eagles team and he took what he was given, did not turn the ball over, scored the needed points, and we WON. Seriously, if he plays like this the whole year and with this defense, I say he is our franchise QB and we should not use a draft pick early on a QB. I have an idea then, why not draft and make this defense even more amazing and give Horton new toys to plug in and a new loaded contract extension :)

Kolb hasn't played great. The Cards don't even have over 200 yards net passing in a single game this season and the offense still can't manage more than 2 TDs a game. The defense and special teams are winning these games.

:stick:

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolb hasn't played great. The Cards don't even have over 200 yards net passing this season and the offense still can't manage more than 2 TDs a game. The defense and special teams are winning these games.

The defense and special teams need to score more touchdowns as the season progresses. :D

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Peace.

No point in arguing with a child. The guy got kicked out of the game and its everyone but his fault.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For my money he's playing better than last year because he's stepping up in the pocket. We've also changed some things in the offense it appears that are helping him play better, and we're winning so why wouldn't I be behind Kevin Kolb?

I'm pretty demanding of QB's and Kolb isn't doing that much but he's significantly better than he was last season and if the trend continues(low turnovers) we're going to be in most of our games. Hopefully we can start to open the offense up a bit more and hit some of the plays that have been there that he's missed.

Also, it would be nice if that bum Peterson would break a punt return, he hasn't done it since the 11th game of last season(Rams). That's 8 games without a TD what the heck is wrong with him?

:D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For my money he's playing better than last year because he's stepping up in the pocket. We've also changed some things in the offense it appears that are helping him play better, and we're winning so why wouldn't I be behind Kevin Kolb?

I'm pretty demanding of QB's and Kolb isn't doing that much but he's significantly better than he was last season and if the trend continues(low turnovers) we're going to be in most of our games. Hopefully we can start to open the offense up a bit more and hit some of the plays that have been there that he's missed.

Also, it would be nice if that bum Peterson would break a punt return, he hasn't done it since the 11th game of last season(Rams). That's 8 games without a TD what the heck is wrong with him?

:D

I noticed something about Peterson this year opposed to the past, he seems reluctant to cut back into the field when he gets close to the sidelines and quickly runs out almost as if he does not want to get hit...am I only one who sees this. I'm really not knocking Peterson because he really does not have the angles or lanes to run with the way they have been punting to him but he used to be more shifty along the sideline.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed something about Peterson this year opposed to the past, he seems reluctant to cut back into the field when he gets close to the sidelines and quickly runs out almost as if he does not want to get hit...am I only one who sees this. I'm really not knocking Peterson because he really does not have the angles or lanes to run with the way they have been punting to him but he used to be more shifty along the sideline.

I was just joking. I do know what you mean but I think it's because everyone is angle kicking to him so he is generally fielding punts closer to the sideline.

I also think there's a little "baiting" going on as in someone is going to ease up when he does that and he's going to suddenly cut in and pop one.

You could see this coming last season after the Rams game, teams didn't want to kick away to him and started angling kicks or kicking high and short etc.

Still a huge weapon and eventually someone will give him a chance and he'll bust one.

That and Kolb hitting a few more of the open plays and we're going to score more points.