Redskins vs Cards...Pick the score

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nope, didn't miss it, I just dont think we are gonna have to be overly successfull on the ground to win. 70-80yds from Edge will do the trick IMO. We are not gonna have to score much to win this week IMO. Anything over 20 means a W.

Buddy - I agree with "not having to score much"... Hence, we NEED to control the ball, which means we NEED to run the ball in order to squeeze out the W.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buddy - I agree with "not having to score much"... Hence, we NEED to control the ball, which means we NEED to run the ball in order to squeeze out the W.
I just dont think we need 100yds from Edge to control the clock. The most important phase of this game will be the TO ratio IMO.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
this is an odd feeling for a long time (even if i am only 22) cardinal fan. cause i truly feel confident we can win this one. given all the factors...i honestly see us as being able to win this fairly easily if we just play the football i know we are capable of playing.

however...things happen.

but if this is a special year...which we have to believe it is...

i say...

Cardinals - 30
Redskins - 24

and so the noise begins...

PS - someone is going to pick off campell, and someone else will cause either him or portis to fumble. I see at least 10 points coming from turnovers.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is an odd feeling for a long time (even if i am only 22) cardinal fan. cause i truly feel confident we can win this one. given all the factors...i honestly see us as being able to win this fairly easily if we just play the football i know we are capable of playing.

however...things happen.

but if this is a special year...which we have to believe it is...

i say...

Cardinals - 30
Redskins - 24

and so the noise begins...

PS - someone is going to pick off campell, and someone else will cause either him or portis to fumble. I see at least 10 points coming from turnovers.
ANTRON-TRON-TRON-TRON-TRON-TRON

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Amazing how close the scores predicted are to each other. Are we all on the same frequency or what? This does seem more than mere chance that these scores are so close. Most have the Cards between 21 and 28 and the Skins in the 17-20 range I think.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to read Jeff's BRS breakdown. Meanwhile, after reading schmo's analysis, it really is hard to predict. Should be close, either way. And then I think it swings on key players at some positions and the relative situation at the end of the game.

First, the key players.

1. Skins single biggest advantage at 1 position: FS LaRon Landry over Antrel Rolle.
  2. Cards single biggest advantage at 1 position: #2WR Anquan Boldin over Antwaan Randle El.

• Condition 1. Trailing team needs a field goal. Rackers or Suisham? Believe it or not, Rackers is less bad. Very small advantage Cardinals.
  • Condition 2. Leading team needs to grind out a few 1st downs. Clinton Portis or Edge? Portis. Big advantage Skins.
  • Condition 3. Trailing team needs a 2 minute drive to FG range from it's own 20. Warner and Cards package of receivers or Campbell and Skins receivers? Big advantage Cards.

Everything still almost comes up even. So, after all that, what do I think matters most? Home field.

Redskins 20
Cardinals 17

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm about to read Jeff's BRS breakdown. Meanwhile, after reading schmo's analysis, it really is hard to predict. Should be close, either way. And then I think it swings on key players at some positions and the relative situation at the end of the game.

First, the key players.

1. Skins single biggest advantage at 1 position: FS LaRon Landry over Antrel Rolle.
  2. Cards single biggest advantage at 1 position: #2WR Anquan Boldin over Antwaan Randle El.

• Condition 1. Trailing team needs a field goal. Rackers or Suisham? Believe it or not, Rackers is less bad. Very small advantage Cardinals.
  • Condition 2. Leading team needs to grind out a few 1st downs. Clinton Portis or Edge? Portis. Big advantage Skins.
  • Condition 3. Trailing team needs a 2 minute drive to FG range from it's own 20. Warner and Cards package of receivers or Campbell and Skins receivers? Big advantage Cards.

Everything still almost comes up even. So, after all that, what do I think matters most? Home field.

Redskins 20
Cardinals 17
How about a personal side bet between us two? I bet 250 A$FN we win. You game?

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
CARDS-23 "STINK"-skins-20

Neil Rackers hits from (43). GO CARDS! SHOCK THE WORLD!! WE BELIEVE!!!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Cardinals 20, Redskins 17

At least two of the Cardinal scores are set up by turnovers gotten by our opportunistic defense. Kurt Warner isn't perfect in this one, but Leonard Pope finally comes alive, and the dynamic duo pick up some key third downs in crunch time.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real comparisons at these positions should be:

1. FS vs Fitz and/or Boldin (whomever they decide to double or bracket with Landry)

It's stating the obvious, but Rolle will never line up against Landry and Boldin will never line up against Randle El. It's how our WRs match up against their secondary.

Reaction score
It's stating the obvious, but Rolle will never line up against Landry and Boldin will never line up against Randle El. It's how our WRs match up against their secondary.
This is what I was thinking... and vice versa

Advantage: CARDINALS!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards 24
Skins 10

I'm amazed that no one has brought up the officiating in DC. I've seen every Cardinal/Redskin game in Washington since 1982. When the game is competetive, the officials have royally screwed us. We BETTER win by double digits, otherwise the combination of Rackers & DC homecooking will make it IMPOSSIBLE for us to win a close one.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real comparisons at these positions should be:

1. FS vs Fitz and/or Boldin (whomever they decide to double or bracket with Landry)

That's your outlook and thinking, not mine. It's just a different approach.

Mine assumed (wrongly) that people would get this:

On defense, the guardian against big plays, the nth tackler, is the free safety. LaRon Landry is likely to make all the big stops. Time and again. Rolle is likely to screw up and whiff often. A year from now, Rolle might be different (I'm not holding my breath).

On offense, the likely big play maker, if the #1 WR is taken away, is who? For us, it's Anquan Boldin. For them it's Randle El. That's no contest.

The offense vs defense analysis stuff is obvious and done well by many. In crunch time, that often is overriden because playmakers make big plays. LaRon Landry and Boldin likely will. Rolle and Randle El likely will not. That was my point, badly stated.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Cards 31, Skins 13
not impossible to say the least, maybe not even improbable. but I would say something along the lines of:

17-13 either way. I'll go with the cards because I hope they win lol! I am very impressed with the way the redskins played at home vs the saints, but I'm not convinced. this is an offense that is inconsistent.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Some of us are drinking a little bit too much Kool-Aid. This will not be a blow out, but rather, a game decided late in the 4th quarter. Perhaps on the last drive of the game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Some of us are drinking a little bit too much Kool-Aid. This will not be a blow out, but rather, a game decided late in the 4th quarter. Perhaps on the last drive of the game.

Kool-Aid OD? Possible. But I like what I have seen so far. So I will stick with the prediction. Go Cards!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kool-Aid OD? Possible. But I like what I have seen so far. So I will stick with the prediction. Go Cards!

Me too, but before I begin my I.V. drip of Kool-Aid, I want to see how we do against some competition.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
3. Scoring Defense - Cards have allowed 11 points per game, Washington has allowed 20 points a game. Although this is in favor of the Cards Washington has played better offensive teams in both weeks compared to us so I am going to call this one = Push

6. Time of Possesion - In huge favor of the Cards by a full 4 1/2 minutes. = Cards Advantage.
I don't understand... same logic applies to #6 as to #3, if the logic in #3 is accepted. The reason we had much better TOP compared to Skins is because the teams we played were offensively sucking vs. the teams Skins played. :shrug: