Refs on today's Super Bowl

Bobcat

Reaction score

How ae the Ref's doing today? Please make your Comments.

So Far they seem to be favoring Pit. What do you think.

Bobcat

OP
OP
Bobcat

Bobcat

Reaction score
Bobcat said:

How ae the Ref's doing today? Please make your Comments.

So Far they seem to be favoring Pit. What do you think.

Bobcat

TD BS now it is under review. What do you think will be the end result?

Bobcat

OP
OP
Bobcat

Bobcat

Reaction score
Bobcat said:
TD BS now it is under review. What do you think will be the end result?

Bobcat

The Fix is in, in my opinion

Ben and the ball never made it into the endzone until Ben's second effort. Why do we allow the NFL to get away with this kinda behavior

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Seattle fans should be pissed right now.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
If they can give that touchdown to Ben, Josh should have had the touchdown in the game against the Colts. That was complete and utter BS.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
That was way too close to call and since it was originally a TD, there was not sufficient evidence to overturn it. Right call.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he scored live, and from the replay thought he didn't score. Problem is the replay wasn't conclusive enough to overrule the call on the field.

To me the problem is the replay rule, they ought to use the replay to make the call, so if you aren't sure, you're using the replay to make the best guess instead of the live call.

I didn't like the pushoff on Darrell Jackson either, if that's a pushoff, Michael Irvin never caught a legal pass in his career.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
That was way too close to call and since it was originally a TD, there was not sufficient evidence to overturn it. Right call.

Just like McCowns touchdown. You can't see the ball, you can't overturn. But his elbow came down just inside the goal line, Ben had the ball tucked in. Simple deduction would allow one to figure that the ball could not have been in.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He was down by contact before the ball touched the plain of the end zone. Bad call IMO.

That and some phantom PI call on Jackson was complete BS.

As I said, Seattle fans should be pissed right now.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
Just like McCowns touchdown. You can't see the ball, you can't overturn. But his elbow came down just inside the goal line, Ben had the ball tucked in. Simple deduction would allow one to figure that the ball could not have been in.

When I saw the replay on McCown's, I was sure that it wasn't a T, but on BEn's I thought it was too close to call.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It was pretty close but considering the BS TD call that was called back for the 'push off' they shoulda overturned it.

Seattle is dominating them at the 1/2...we'll see what happens in the 2nd. If the Hawks do this good and lose, then it'll be a cheap win for the Steelers IMO

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the call would've been overturned if he had been ruled down before he scored. If just wasn't clear enough on the replay to tell one way or another.

The offensive PI call was crap, that was the worst call of the half.

Seattle's defense was the best unit in the first half.

blindseyed

Reaction score
blindseyed said:
It was pretty close but considering the BS TD call that was called back for the 'push off' they shoulda overturned it.

Seattle is dominating them at the 1/2...we'll see what happens in the 2nd. If the Hawks do this good and lose, then it'll be a cheap win for the Steelers IMO

Now in the 2nd half the Steelers look better....lol...shows ya what I know...:D

blindseyed

Reaction score
Wow there was no hold on that pass play. I am now convinced the refs are leaning towards the Steelers...terrible calls

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
How can you call that a block when he was going for the tackle? Seems that same crew that does Cardinal games is on the field.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched most of the game at friends, and I kept telling them how bad these refs are, and how biased for Pitt they are. The push off call on Jackson, the penalty on Hasselback....

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
This is one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, and this is comming from an unbiased viewer.

They were favoring Pitt the entire way.

The offensive PI, the Big Ben TD, the holding call, Hasselbeck's "chop block" tackle.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
What a sham of a game.

Congratulations NFL officials you won the Super Bowl for Pittsburgh.

blindseyed

Reaction score
The Hawks didn't have a chance. That 'holding' call when they passed down to the 1 yard line that was called back was gonna get them 3 points at least. That's minimum 10 points the refs took.
This was very biased towards the Steelers, I have to agree

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The phantom holding call came on a completion to the one yard line. The next play Alexander goes in and the Seahawks are up 17-14.

I have watched a lot of Superbowls and I can't remember the officiating ever determining the outcome like this.

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
I should have seen this coming. The NFL would want Bettis to returnsto his hometown and win. That is a selling story and the refs were determined to make it happen. The NFL is a business, and the refs will do what the higher ups think can make them the most money.

It definately seemed like there were more than 7 penalties called against the Seahawks, but that final line was: Seattle: 7/70 vs. Pitt: 3/20.

Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
The Hawks got took. The refs won the game for the Steel guys. The Hasselback call the very worst almost as bad as soime of the calls against us.

GBR

blindseyed

Reaction score
Over on the Hawks board someone said the Ref should be the Super Bowl MVP...lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser