Regarding Mike Jurecki

Minix

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've just started listening to 1060 since training camp opened.

Is this guy somebody that knows what he's talking about and does he have inside info? Is he fair in his assesment of the Cardinals - critical when necessary - or a media plant?

Trying to get used to his style and delivery.

Thanks.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he dores get "inside" information as he is on the Cards media staff, but as section says, they don't seem to exercise editorial control.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When he was on KGME, he was VERY critical of the team, and he used the "spaghetti" method of reporting. He was wrong so often, and so spectacularly, it was laughable.

Since he's moved to KDUS, the Cardinals station, he's become gentler in his criticism. Since he's become a Cardinals employee, via the official website where he writes columns, he's become much more accurate in his info.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Which brings up a good point......

The present day Cards have been "pretty straight shooters" as far as "spin doctoring" goes. From the Bidwills through Mac, and Graves....everyone has generally been pretty up front about what they are doing.

They don't sugar coat what they do. Some of the chronic negativites here are always on their case...but just consider the source. Its always the same critical ones.

Contrary to what a lot of people constantly accuse me of, I fully realize people there make mistakes, just like everyone else.

General consensus about reporters seems to be that Darren Urban and Jurecki are probably the most reliable. Kent Somers of the Republic generally isn't too bad or prejudiced/ biased like most of the rest, who seem more dedicated to trying to "make" news rather than "report" it.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Kent Somers of the Republic generally isn't too bad or prejudiced/ biased like most of the rest, who seem more dedicated to trying to "make" news rather than "report" it.

The others just try to say something bad about the cards.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The present day Cards have been "pretty straight shooters" as far as "spin doctoring" goes. From the Bidwills through Mac, and Graves....everyone has generally been pretty up front about what they are doing.

How do you know?
You have no idea whether or not they're being 'straight shooters.'
You're speculating as much as anyone that this is the case, which is BS because you get on people for that all the time.

OP
OP
M

Minix

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is Jurecki a regular poster here?

so far away

Overpaid Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Minix
I've just started listening to 1060 since training camp opened.

Is this guy somebody that knows what he's talking about and does he have inside info? Is he fair in his assesment of the Cardinals - critical when necessary - or a media plant?

Trying to get used to his style and delivery.

Thanks.

I thought he was the best on the radio when I lived there, reason was because he's not a "fan" of any team or if he is he doesn't tell anyone. Unlike that idiot on 910.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
How do you know?
You have no idea whether or not they're being 'straight shooters.'
You're speculating as much as anyone that this is the case, which is BS because you get on people for that all the time.
Calm down 11.
No need to get so rancorous over an opinion....and that's all it is.
I will say...that I base my comments simply on observation and the passage of time. What better way? Huh?
The only BS floating around here right now appears to be eminating from your direction.
:rolleyes:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Calm down 11.
No need to get so rancorous over an opinion....and that's all it is.
I will say...that I base my comments simply on observation and the passage of time. What better way? Huh?
The only BS floating around here right now appears to be eminating from your direction.
:rolleyes:

It's alright for you to speculate on your observations, but not anyone else that might think that Graves has created a holdout with no end in sight? That's an observation. What do you think of it?

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think maybe you've been tapping into Cheesy's drug supply.

:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think maybe you've been tapping into Cheesy's drug supply.

:D

That's where it's been going. Damn you 11!

Edit: Man I so badly want to be adult like Tango and make fun of him, but I just can't bring myself up to that adult level.:D

Last edited:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Supposedly he lurks here occasionally.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's 700lbsofass.

I would since I think Jurecki weighs about a buck fifty :)

Mike

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan
Yes he dores get "inside" information as he is on the Cards media staff, but as section says, they don't seem to exercise editorial control.

Jurecki works for us 20 times a year. All of the games.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
Jurecki works for us 20 times a year. All of the games.

Why isn't he a Jets fan?? :mad:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a huge Jurecki fan. The guy shoots straight and he is the ONLY valley talk show host that will gladly talk Suns.

Well...let me correct that...when the Suns got good again...suddenly 910 was all on their jock.

But Jurecki was talking about them back when everyone thought they were going to have like 25 wins.

The same goes for the Cardinals. The Cardinals can be 3-10 and Jurecki will still find some positives on this team. He doesn't sugarcoat how bad they are, but it isn't all doom and gloom.

To me, he is just extremely fair.