since then

- plays in every game this season, leads team in scoring
- a 20/10 season
- career highs in rebounds, ft%, and fg%
- NBA all-star and all-NBA 1st team
- top month=february=29ppg/13reb/2ast/55%fg/84%ft in 13 games
- 24/14 so far in the playoffs
- more humble than ever before

that commercial really says something. remember, amare's got a film crew trailing him this entire season. so far, they've got a hell of a story to tell.

and while it continues, this is what its produced visually (the #1 play is his best regular season play ever imo, it was JUST SICK):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9fnzEEdoRQM
but imo the longer version with music is much cooler:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=341nhHTNCGM

looking at the highlight package for this year, it really starts to put into focus for me how amazing this recovery was. the only thing i really see that's missing is the lightening quick spin move and the ridiculous 1st step off the dribble (while gaining a lot more). it's amazing that he only lost those two things (and he's not THAT much slower).

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Of course I remember. I saw that commercial multiple times getting excited more and more for the season to start.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i remember that commercial very well. i think amare could have made a case for most improved player, or actually more like comeback player of the century. nobody expected him to do what he has done, especially with how he played early in the year and in the preseason. now, i feel as confident as ever that he does give us the edge we need to make it to the finals.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I remember it and that highlight reel was awesome.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You should post this on the Spurs site with this question:

Do you really want to get this guy mad at you?

mkapp

CheesyPoof!
Reaction score
I remember the commercial. Awesome highlights in those 2 videos - I guess I didnt realize what a good shot blocker Amare is

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Too bad people look at his stats 20.5ppg 9.6rpg and say it's not that impressive but fail to realize he played just 33mpg. If he played his normal 38-39mpg..it would be closer to a 25ppg 12rpg average..

And I remember so many plays that aren't in those highlights, dunk on Patterson and some other nasty blocks.

Or the reverse dunk against Washington in crunch time.

Last edited:

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember the commercial. Awesome highlights in those 2 videos - I guess I didnt realize what a good shot blocker Amare is

Amare is a classic "weak side" shot blocker. He's not that tall and his arm length is only average, but he is a great leaper and is very strong. One of the reasons to get him away from Duncan on defense is that it frees him up to go after the ball.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
amare is gonna play pissed today...expect someone to get posterized

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And 10 assists. :raccoon:

Seriously, I don't think the Spurs can afford to risk Amare going off on them, so they will have to pack the paint. If the Suns can hit open shots, they could score a lot of points.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I can't ever give up on this team. Simply the drive of Amare is something that I think picks this team up when it's down. Guy is dedicated as hell to this team, and he is hungry for some recognition - that being a championship.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05