Report: Former NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom competing on 'Survivor: Guatemala'

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1003972

UPI News Service, 07/26/2005

Michigan native and former Dallas Cowboy's quarterback Gary Hogeboom will be on the 11th season of the CBS reality show, "Survivor," it was reported Tuesday.

The Detroit Free Press said it learned the former Central Michigan University football star, now a resident of Grand Rapids, Mich., will be among the contestants when "Survivor: Guatemala" kicks off in the fall.

Taping of the show is under way and CBS keeps the identities of the contestants under wraps until late August.

Hogeboom, who turns 47 next month, has three daughters and a son with his wife, Kristi.

Hogeboom quarterbacked for Central Michigan from 1976 to 1979. He played in 10 NFL seasons with three teams, including the first six with the Dallas Cowboys.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
11th season?????????

I thought the last one was like #5 or #6...

Oh well, I guess you can tell I haven't watched it in a while.

Gary Hogeboom??? 1 year wonder at cards QB. He played one year, and then you wondered where he went.

Well, if he was such a tackling dummy 15 some odd years ago, I don't know how he'll hold up now. I think I'm going to watch some of it.

Too root for him? I don't know. Possibly.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wasn't he a 'SCAB' during the NFL Strike in the '80s?

I think he was on the Colts and was kicking ass against the non-NFL caliber players. :shrug:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Wasn't he a 'SCAB' during the NFL Strike in the '80s?

I think he was on the Colts and was kicking ass against the non-NFL caliber players. :shrug:

he actually wasn't a bad nfl qb for the colts.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardsFan88 said:
11th season?????????

I thought the last one was like #5 or #6...

It has been on since 2000, but they do about 2 a year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it Hogeboom who led us to a solid 2-0 start in 1989 when we beat the Lions 16-13 (Barry Sanders first game) and then smoked the Seahawks in week 2 @ Seattle with Roy Green catching a couple bombs? I remember being at tennis camp in pre-season and this one kid thought they could go all the way that year - I todl him he was ******** (not much has changed in 16 years!).

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regardless as an NFL QB for 12 years even if your 3rd string all those years you have to be a millionairre. Why is he fighting for another million?

Kind of defeats the purpose. Middles class/poor fighting to be rich.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
Regardless as an NFL QB for 12 years even if your 3rd string all those years you have to be a millionairre. Why is he fighting for another million?

Kind of defeats the purpose. Middles class/poor fighting to be rich.

Maybe he wants to get into broadcasting. :shrug: