Rick Carlisle fired

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So?

Jeff Van Gundy resigned 1 year ago and whoever is interessted still needs permission from the Knicks to negotiate with him.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ehale911
Brown resigned earlier in the week.

And I believe Philadelphia said they would not ask for compensation from any team that wanted to hire him.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I just woke up so I missed the early conversation....but I to am schocked about Carlisle's firing.

Only real thing I can remember was that Detroit media said his job was at risk partially because of his attitude. Apparently he was very cocky and arrogant to upper management, and tried to force a lot of ecisions that werent his to make.

Thats just what I remember so it could all be wrong of course

Would Brown really take a job where he didnt get personel decisions? I thought that was a main thing both him and Van Gundy were looking for. I even read that Brown was looking for a Pat Riley role.

fordronken

Reaction score
Apparently now, Brown is not entirely in the bag. He has reportedly been offered the job, but is going to decide between Detroit and Houston.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by minercon
Where did I hear that a 1/3 of the coaches this year have been fired, quit, etc??? Where has there been a pool of such good coaches to choose from in the past decade? If they don't dump FJ, which Jerry will not do, we will stay in a mediocre state for the next five years. I'm sick of being mediocre when we have a good chance to excel beyond our means. The only thing that has consistently kept us down are our fourth rate head coaches!

This team overachieved. If you believe otherwise, you are deluding yourself.

Frank Johnson made a lot of mistakes but learned as he went along, all the while working with no center in a division loaded with dominant big men.

The "only" things keeping us down are bad players like Tsakalidis, Langhi, "disappearing" Joe Johnson, Alton Ford, oft-injured and missing Penny Hardaway, joke Gugliotta, and ageing Scott Williams.

Kathleen, pray tell, what did Frank Johnson do so wrong? Wait. Don't tell me. I know. He couldn't take Gugliotta and Big Jake and beat Tim Duncan Malik Rose.

How stupid of me. Larry Brown would have pulled it off.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with FJ during the playoffs was his consistant stratagy. Majorly doubling TD worked in game 1, but of course the spurs were going to be ready in every other game.

Doubling Duncan should have been used randomly on different plays, but once it became apparent that the outside shooters were going to hit down shots we should have gone back to single coverage. We were just to predictable.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
This team overachieved. If you believe otherwise, you are deluding yourself.

Frank Johnson made a lot of mistakes but learned as he went along, all the while working with no center in a division loaded with dominant big men.

The "only" things keeping us down are bad players like Tsakalidis, Langhi, "disappearing" Joe Johnson, Alton Ford, oft-injured and missing Penny Hardaway, joke Gugliotta, and ageing Scott Williams.

Kathleen, pray tell, what did Frank Johnson do so wrong? Wait. Don't tell me. I know. He couldn't take Gugliotta and Big Jake and beat Tim Duncan Malik Rose.

How stupid of me. Larry Brown would have pulled it off.

While I somewhat agree with the general idea of your post, Skkorp, I do think you are being unfair, mostly with Big Jake and Penny. Penny has an injury history, but this past season he was relatively injury-free and played a big role with the team. You can't deny that. In fact, if you think about--for the majority of FJ's short tenure, Penny HAS been healthy, so you cannot use Penny's injury history as an excuse for FJ's failings.

As for Big Jake, he never got a chance to try to get back to a good level. He's still a big guy, and while he wouldn't have overpowered Duncan or Robinson, he could have been a hindrance at least, but FJ seemed unwilling to use him. Why? We don't know, perhaps he really wasn't recovered from his back surgery.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05