Rockies @ D'backs series

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good win by the dbacks last night thats what I call a high scoring game :) and also a great game by clark. Hopefully we can take the series

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does anyone know if CoJack is okay? Also, I was not impressed with Eveland. The team stakes him to a 8-run lead and he can't even get a decision. I was hoping they would of brought up Daigle, he was having a good second half for the Sidewinders.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
What's with the old guys that stand in foul ground and TRY to field foul balls.

These are guys are absolutely useless! The only balls they ever get are the ones that roll up and stop right at their feet.

After watching the girls that do this job for the Pads I am truly embarrassed as a Dback fan by the ineptitude of our Ball Octogenarians.

I don't have anything against old guys. If they want to honor these guys they should give them some choice seats and a free beer pass. I'm sure there are hundreds of 6 year olds out there that would love this job and actually catch a ball every once in a while.

This recent slump has got me in a rotten mood.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh so many blown chances this game with guys not getting clutch hits. I hope the offense wakes up in a hurry

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
woot triple for hudson we better get him in 0 outs COME ON GUYS

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
rbi by byrnes to get hudson in 1 out 4-3 rockies bottom of the 7th

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man dbacks lose 4-3 just to many guys left on base and to bad webb didnt have his best stuff today :(

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
man dbacks lose 4-3 just to many guys left on base and to bad webb didnt have his best stuff today :(
Yeah...we keep losing series now. San Diego is next. :( Gotta win that one, but Young is pitching right? He'll be better than he was his last start.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Young will be pitching in the 2nd game followed by Jack Cassel. Jack is the brother of Matt Cassel who is the 3rd string qb for the Patriots.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Overpaid Byrnes with his patented pop out pretty much killed us. Least he could have done was move Hudson over to keep TC out of that DP.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overpaid Byrnes with his patented pop out pretty much killed us. Least he could have done was move Hudson over to keep TC out of that DP.

Agree. Byrnes is trying to hit a home run every at bat. The guy never tries to advance the runner. It seems like it's all about Eric. I am sick and tired of watching him pop up and then throw the bat and whack his hands. It's getting way too old. What are his stats since he signed the contract?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Agree. Byrnes is trying to hit a home run every at bat. The guy never tries to advance the runner. It seems like it's all about Eric. I am sick and tired of watching him pop up and then throw the bat and whack his hands. It's getting way too old. What are his stats since he signed the contract?

I think he's hitting about .250 since his new contract.

Par for the course for Byrnes.

Edit: .219?!

Last edited:

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
7/31 through 8/31
29 games, 119 PA's
.219/.319/.343 - .662
3 HR's, 12 RBI's, 12 walks, 14 K's

Basically that..without the last 2 games. But .219 is pathetic

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The called third stike to CY to end the 8th inning was total BS.

However, I can't blame the umpires for the way the D'backs have been playing......totally uninspired

tomorrow is the biggest game of the season. We'll see what happens

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
I think the pressure of a pennant race is getting to these young dbacks. I am not sure if the dbacks will win the NL West or not, but I do know that we are playing meaningful games in September, and its gonna be one hell of a ride.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I think the pressure of a pennant race is getting to these young dbacks. I am not sure if the dbacks will win the NL West or not, but I do know that we are playing meaningful games in September, and its gonna be one hell of a ride.

Actually, Byrnes is killing us; even Hudson's gone relatively cold -- so let's not just blame the young guys. Our pitching has un-jelled, the Bullpen is in big trouble, and if we don't win the next two, our post-season has likely popped-out, too.

The Byrnes signing was 80% sentiment, and I had really hoped that Josh Byrnes wouldn't get sucked into that. Put together with the BK move, and I have to wonder who's calling the shots in the FO, because both were attempts to pander to the fans, not smart baseball moves. Signing Hudson to an extension -- that would have met both goals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05