Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Rush Hour 3 Location Revealed
Source: Capital FM
January 13, 2005

Simon Thompson from UK's Capital FM tells ComingSoon.net exclusively that director Brett Ratner has revealed the new location for New Line's Rush Hour 3, which is expected to cost up to $115 million.

The original Rush Hour, made for just $33 million, earned $244.4 million worldwide in 1998, while 2001 follow-up Rush Hour 2, with a budget of $90 million, pulled in an impressive $347.3 million around the world.

We've learned that Chris Tucker's Detective James Carter and Jackie Chan's Chief Inspector Lee will be heading for France, where both heroes will be "fish out of water".

It was recently reported that New Line is waiting for Tucker to sign off on a script for the film. The actor hasn't starred in a film since Rush Hour 2. Ratner directed After the Sunset, with Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson, and Salma Hayek, last year.

------------------------------------------

Woohoo!

Do you understand the words that are coming outta my mouth?! :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush Hour 3 is a Go
Source: Variety
May 5, 2005

Chris Tucker, who has made only "Rush Hour" films since 1998, is expected to sign a two-picture, $40 million contract at New Line, reports Variety.

Tucker's signature, to be delivered after a meeting today with director Brett Ratner and screenwriter Jeff Nathanson, will put Rush Hour 3 on track for a late fall start in Los Angeles and Paris.

Tucker's involvement also activates a near-$20 million payday for Jackie Chan and a $7.5 million payday for director Ratner, adds the trade. It essentially greenlights a film that will cost around $100 million and will anchor New Line's 2006 summer.

Nathanson, who wrote Rush Hour 2 and just finished Indiana Jones 4, will begin writing the sequel script as soon as Tucker signs. Nathanson pitched his vision to all of the principals weeks ago.

:cool:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush Hour 3 not a "Go"...?
Source: Variety
May 29, 2005

While the trade previously reported that Chris Tucker was expected to sign a $20 million deal which would fast-track New Line's Rush Hour 3, the actor ended up not doing so.

:confused:

What's up with that?!

:|

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like this one's on hold for now...

From Variety

Fox's hiring of Ratner to direct X-Men 3 also means that Rush Hour 3 will most certainly miss New Line's projected fall start and summer 2006 release dates. Ratner directed the first two films in that series and seemed certain to make the third, but Chris Tucker's unwillingness to sign his $20 million deal in timely fashion scotched those plans.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vinnie Jones in Rush Hour 3
Source: Superhero Hype!
January 14, 2006

Superhero Hype! has received a report which reveals that former professional soccer player and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels star Vinnie Jones will reunite with his X3 director Brett Ratner on Rush Hour 3.

While it's not known which role Jones will play, the anticipated third installment also reunites Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. New Line Cinema is expected to start shooting the film this summer in the U.S. and Paris for a summer 2007 release.

Rush Hour 2 screenwriter Jeff Nathanson is also back. Released in 2001, Rush Hour 2 was an international hit that grossed $226 million domestically and $329 million worldwide.

Jones stars as Juggernaut in X3, hitting theaters May 26.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ratner Reveals More Rush Hour 3 Cast
Source: USA Today
September 22, 2006

USA Today caught up with Rush Hour 3 director Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand), who revealed more cast members:

"In the first movie Jackie was a fish out of water (in L.A), then Chris was one in the second movie (in Hong Kong). Now they are both fish out of water," says director Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand). Targeted for an August 2007 release, Rush Hour 3's villains include one played by Hiroyuki Sanada (The Last Samurai). "He's a brilliant actor with a martial arts background who has done some incredible films," Ratner says. Also in the cast: Max Von Sydow and Roman Polanski.

The cast also includes Vinnie Jones, Yvan Attel, Roselyn Sanchez and Yao Ming.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
rush hour 3??

anyone seen rush hour 3? it has been out for a week now but i cant find any threads about it and was curious if anyone had seen it. i might go see it tonight depending on peoples opinions. Thanks

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I thought it was hilarious. Probably no point to having the movie itself, but I was pretty much laughing the entire time.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rush Hour 3

Release Date: August 10, 2007
Studio: New Line Cinema
Director: Brett Ratner
Screenwriter: Jeff Nathanson
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime, Thriller
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of action violence, sexual content, nudity and language)

Starring: Chris Tucker, Hiroyuki Sanada, Jackie Chan, Max Von Sydow, Noemie Lenoir, Roman Polanski, Roselyn Sanchez, Vinnie Jones, Youki Kudoh, Yvan Attel

Plot Summary: Chris Tucker returns to the big screen after a six-year absence as he reunites with the all-star team of co-star Jackie Chan, director Brett Ratner ("Rush Hour," "Rush Hour 2," "X-Men: The Last Stand," "Red Dragon"), and writer Jeff Nathanson ("Rush Hour 2," "Catch Me If You Can") to deliver the third installment of the blockbuster "Rush Hour" franchise. Arriving in theaters on August 10, 2007, "Rush Hour 3" sees the beloved action comedy duo of Tucker and Chan reprising their roles as LAPD Detective James Carter and Chinese Chief Inspector Lee respectively. This time around, the two must travel to Paris to battle a wing of the Chinese organized crime family, the Triads. "Rush Hour 3" is being produced by Ratner, Jay Stern, and Arthur Sarkissian and executive produced by Roger Birnbaum ("Memoirs of a Geisha") and Jon Glickman ("The Pacifier").

Attachments

• jackie_chan6.jpg
    jackie_chan6.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 74

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was just as good as the first two.. had me laughing the whole time..

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The French taxi driver had me rolling.. I think he put it over the top.. It would have been funny with or without him, but he added a lil something extra.. :thumbup:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The French taxi driver had me rolling.. I think he put it over the top.. It would have been funny with or without him, but he added a lil something extra.. :thumbup:

The taxi driver was funny, but overall it was a little bit too much Chris Tucker for one sitting.