RV Campground recommend's for Flag?

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will be my first opportunity to attend camp. My wife and I own a fifth wheel and I would love to haul it up to Flag for a few weeks. Do any of you stay in RV's in Flagstaff? If so where? How far away is the campground from the practice facility?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedRob
This will be my first opportunity to attend camp. My wife and I own a fifth wheel and I would love to haul it up to Flag for a few weeks. Do any of you stay in RV's in Flagstaff? If so where? How far away is the campground from the practice facility?

When I used to live in Flag, when my parents visited in their RV they always stayed at the KOA on Route 89 (towards Page, just north of the mall). Nicely wooded campground, full hookups, etc.

It is only about 5 miles from NAU.

Another place to consider is Black Bart's, on Butler Ave and I-40, across from Little America. Also wooded, but right on the freeway.
Only a couple miles to NAU - probably the closest to the school.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Munds Park, which is like 10 miles south of Flagstaff is a really nice place. I don't know if they still have an RV park, but when my parents owned their summer home up there, Munds Park had a huge one

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Munds Park, which is like 10 miles south of Flagstaff is a really nice place. I don't know if they still have an RV park, but when my parents owned their summer home up there, Munds Park had a huge one

Yeah, I was going to say Munds park too...not that I've ever camped there with an RV...it just looks like a nice place to stay...plus the golf course is right on the other side of the highway :)

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Yeah, I was going to say Munds park too...not that I've ever camped there with an RV...it just looks like a nice place to stay...plus the golf course is right on the other side of the highway :)

Mike

That golf course is 100 bucks during the SUMMER, couldn't tell you what it is during the winter.....but it is a great course to play.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That golf course is 100 bucks during the SUMMER, couldn't tell you what it is during the winter.....but it is a great course to play.

OUCH! Pricey...

Mike

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Munds Park still has a big RV Park. It's called Munds Park RV ironically enough. I'm not sure how full it is, you may want to call because it might fill up. Same with Black Bart's and KOA.

In the winter, the Munds Park CC golf course closes down. Snow you know. :)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
Munds Park still has a big RV Park. It's called Munds Park RV ironically enough. I'm not sure how full it is, you may want to call because it might fill up. Same with Black Bart's and KOA.

That's why it's $100...they have to make up for the green fees they wont get during the winter :)

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That course is on my top list of best courses I have played in Arizona....better than the TPC. Playing in the cool pines is just relaxing

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
That course is on my top list of best courses I have played in Arizona....better than the TPC. Playing in the cool pines is just relaxing

Elden Hills in Flagstaff is a really nice course. So is Elephant Rocks in Williams. Those are about the only other public courses in the Flagstaff area.

The really beautiful courses like Forest Highlands, Aspen Valley, Flagstaff Ranch etc. are elitist, members only clubs who wouldn't stoop to give most of us a glass of water if we were dying of thirst!

Bitter? Oh, a tad.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
I was going to chime in with Munds Park as well. My folks have a cabin up there and have been going up there since I was a kid.

I agree that the golf course is fun up there. I think they could keep better care of it, though. I guess they don't really need to since people really want to play up there because the weather is so beautiful. My folks are member up at Club up there, so the golf is cheaper. As a matter of fact, I'm heading up there this weekend to relax.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz

I would LOVE to golf in the snow. The PGA Tour should have a tournament in Green Bay, Buffalo, or some other cold snowy place.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
I would LOVE to golf in the snow. The PGA Tour should have a tournament in Green Bay, Buffalo, or some other cold snowy place.

arthur, you are a masochist. Golf should never be played in weather cooler than 72 F or warmer than 85 F. Turtle Bay Country Club, the only place to play golf.

El Coche

Reaction score
Here is another-

Woody Mountain Campground
2727 W Route 66 FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001-8436

(928) 774-7727 www.woodymountaincampground.com

I've not tried it yet but I do have reservations for July 26th-28th for opening week of Cards camp. Can’t wait!!!!

Looks pretty nice from the web site , fully wooded (hence the name) w/ a swimming pool, general store and full hook-ups. It was rated pretty high in the RV guide.

Munds Park is defiantly nice, but just a little bit of a drive if you want to go back and forth between AM and PM practices.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by El Coche
Here is another-

Woody Mountain Campground
2727 W Route 66 FLAGSTAFF, AZ 86001-8436

(928) 774-7727 www.woodymountaincampground.com

I've not tried it yet but I do have reservations for July 26th-28th for opening week of Cards camp. Can’t wait!!!!

Looks pretty nice from the web site , fully wooded (hence the name) w/ a swimming pool, general store and full hook-ups. It was rated pretty high in the RV guide.

Munds Park is defiantly nice, but just a little bit of a drive if you want to go back and forth between AM and PM practices.

That's the closest one to the University.

OP
OP
RedRob

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

By the way, do any of you remember the name of the course across the street from Munds Park? Is it private?

The ultimate for me would be to stay at a RV Park that has a golf course nearby withing 30 minutes of the Cards practices.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
OK Rob. I just talked to my Pops, who is up in Munds Park right now, and he said that you don't have to be a member, but someone in your group does. That might be a problem. The rates are much cheaper that expected. For non-members, it's around $55 on the weekends, and around $45 during the week (and that includes a cart). It's cheaper if you want to walk. If finding someone to golf with, that's a member, is a problem, there is always Beaver Creek Golf Resort(which I think was already mentioned), that is about 20 miles south of Munds Park (on the north end of Camp Verde). It is cheaper than Munds Park, and anyone can golf there.

Good luck, and maybe I'll see you at camp.

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Munds Park

I have a place in Pinewood,dont get up there as much since living in the Box but the RV Park across the highway is nice,they just built a big Rec center and more lots. Played the course over the 4th and is in great shape.Here is a link to the RV Park:Munds Park RV Resort