S.A. Columnist: Nash evades responsibility by playing the victim

nowagimp

Reaction score
Bell is too damn small to guard ginobili. You need someone with a little more length, who can get around picks but still recover.

But that is the problem, w/ D'Antoni once you become one of his guys like bell did 2 years ago he will never try anybody else.

I think bell would be much better on parker and try g.g. or even boris (who played the perimeters better than I though he would when he matched up with them).

Bell has done very well guarding ginobli in the past, hence manus sub 40% shooting percentage this year against the suns in the regular season. Bell is not staying in front of his man and not getting around picks, he looks like hes at 85%, not good enough against the spurs. Bell has never had a problem shutting down finley in the past if he doesnt have to double down, not so this game.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Manu was hurt during the regular season, especially the last game. When it has mattered, this year and last year in the playoffs, manu has had his way with raja.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Manu was hurt during the regular season, especially the last game. When it has mattered, this year and last year in the playoffs, manu has had his way with raja.

In games 1-4 in last years playoffs manu did not have his way at all, more like Bell had his way. (before the game 5, when Diaw and amare were suspended, where the suns played short)

ginobilli was 16-51, 31%FG's, for 12ppg in the first 4 games, he wasnt injured then, was he?

manu shot 8-19, 3-14, 3-9, 2-9 for 24, 10, 6 and 8 points in those 4 games.

After that it changed, as bell racked up fouls playing long minutes in games 5,6, but its not like ginobilli suddenly got healthy. Suns fans sure forget quickly. It continued this year as manu shot under 40% for the season against the suns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In games 1-4 in last years playoffs manu did not have his way at all, more like Bell had his way. (before the game 5, when Diaw and amare were suspended, where the suns played short)

ginobilli was 16-51, 31%FG's, for 12ppg in the first 4 games, he wasnt injured then, was he?

manu shot 8-19, 3-14, 3-9, 2-9 for 24, 10, 6 and 8 points in those 4 games.

After that it changed, as bell racked up fouls playing long minutes in games 5,6, but its not like ginobilli suddenly got healthy. Suns fans sure forget quickly. It continued this year as manu shot under 40% for the season against the suns.

manu played like crap most of the playoffs, but you seem to have forgotten that now that haven't you. And even playing like crap, in 20 playoff games, he only scored 24 points or more 5 times and three of them were against Raja, who "shut him down."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And LB played the playoffs last year with a shooting elbow needing surgery, but no one knew or suspected it it wasnt in the news after all.

that must be a chronic condition . . . right? 'cuz he's had it for the first two games again this series . . . right?

nowagimp

Reaction score
manu played like crap most of the playoffs, but you seem to have forgotten that now that haven't you. And even playing like crap, in 20 playoff games, he only scored 24 points or more 5 times and three of them were against Raja, who "shut him down."

Yeah he owned raja while he played like crap too! I follow the logic, shooting 31% is like owning your defender! LB has really owned the spurs this series as well!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he owned raja while he played like crap too! I follow the logic, shooting 31% is like owning your defender! LB has really owned the spurs this series as well!

the next time Barbs scores 24, 26 and 33 in key wins in this series, you let me know, ok? Again, instead of looking at what Raja did in our series as proof that he shut down Manu down, why not look at how poorly Manu played the entire playoffs and then realized despite his relatively poor play, he was still able to kill in us three key wins.

nowagimp

Reaction score
the next time Barbs scores 24, 26 and 33 in key wins in this series, you let me know, ok? Again, instead of looking at what Raja did in our series as proof that he shut down Manu down, why not look at how poorly Manu played the entire playoffs and then realized despite his relatively poor play, he was still able to kill in us three key wins.

Wow I am blown away you are apparently an apologist for manu regardless of his poor performance. Yes manu was more effective after the suspension, I wonder if it had ANYTHING at all due to continuous double teaming that left him wide open after the suspensions. Is he one of your boys on your fantasy team?

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
I'm a Spurs fan and Im ashamed of this article. Pure classless, senseless post. The series ain't over until a team wins four games. There's never been a blowout in these past 2 games.

Agreed - and cool to hear from a Spurs fan. The article is dumb hometown sportswriter tripe, designed to fire up the home fans and piss off the opposing town's fans. Picking on Nash's 'recycled sneaks' is dumb sportswriter writ-large.

As bad as something Bickley would write on his worst days. ;)

sunsbo

Veteran
Reaction score
I know the suns don't have anyone who can stop Parker but if they put Nash on Bowen, isn't there somebody else who could do a better job?

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know the suns don't have anyone who can stop Parker but if they put Nash on Bowen, isn't there somebody else who could do a better job?

Perhaps Grant Hill, but he has the groin injury. Grant Hill is a big X-factor in this series because he can drive to the hoop and maybe provide some D on Manu, Parker, or whoever.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The article was spot on. Period.

It's primarily DA's fault for not recognizing how the opponents adjusted and how the team was playing, namely not getting any open space on offense with Nash dribbling. Worse even, he couldn't seem to stop the simple Finley catch and shoot 4 times in a roll. But Nash, the real coach on the court, was still to blame for not reacting with his savvy in the 3rd quarter collaps.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Perhaps Grant Hill, but he has the groin injury. Grant Hill is a big X-factor in this series because he can drive to the hoop and maybe provide some D on Manu, Parker, or whoever.

He can't do nothing with that injury. I suspect Finley nailed those jumpers guarded by Hill. And, knowing Hill's condition, Spurs defense could ignore him like they did Marion. That's part of the reason we failed on offense in that infamous 3rd q.

nowagimp

Reaction score
He can't do nothing with that injury. I suspect Finley nailed those jumpers guarded by Hill. And, knowing Hill's condition, Spurs defense could ignore him like they did Marion. That's part of the reason we failed on offense in that infamous 3rd q.

Very accurate, Hill taking one shot allowed the spurs to pack the lane and shut down amare. This time, I call out DA, WTF was hill doing in there? Sit his arse down until he gets well and give GG his minutes. the suns bench is now weak with the hill injury, so Duh, pops plays a bunch of guys to run them down. A drunk could have figured that strategy out as well as running drives to the hoop repeatedly for manu and TP when shaq sits and amare takes over the defense in the lane. then just force the suns to put shaq back in by bringing TD in and out and run the ball to fatigue shaq. NBA coaching isnt that tough, I am not all that impressed, its probably one of the most overpaid jobs ther is. Is pops a good coach, sure, but the "brilliant coaching" and chess analogies are a pathetic joke. Same for PJ, crap he is not even the inventor of the triangle, tex winter is, PJ is a remedial child psychologist. Chess is MUCH harder to play.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05