Saints re-sign Deuce McAllister

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a strange signing. Im wonderingif there are somehealth issues with aRB they arent letting on to. :shrug:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas is still battling a rib injury. Mike Bell and Reggie Bush have knee problems. He is needed but doesn't have much left.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Piere Thomas MUST be more hurt than expected.

Deuce hasn't played in over a year....there is NO WAY he is in game shape.

If they are resorting to Deuce ...THAT IS A GOOD SIGN FOR THE CARDINALS!!!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats a strange signing. Im wonderingif there are somehealth issues with aRB they arent letting on to. :shrug:

Bush cant run between the tackles, Pierre Thomas has hurt ribs and I have heard that Bell has knee issues. I think they need someone who can run with a a little power?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas has already stated he will play.

I thought the knee injuries were behind Bell and Bush. They have had weeks to rest.

McAllister is going to be so rusty that I don't think he will be a factor at all. Think Edge James signing with the Seahawks this season.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas has already stated he will play.

Yeah, but what does that really mean? Campbell played like 5 snaps last week. I agree that Duece will have minimal if any impact this week, but I don't believe for a minute that Thomas is fine.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Yeah, but what does that really mean? Campbell played like 5 snaps last week. I agree that Duece will have minimal if any impact this week, but I don't believe for a minute that Thomas is fine.

Thomas has played injured all season and has been productive in the running game, but more so in the pass game. He is very dangerous out in the flats, where we struggle. So is Bush.

I'm sure he will wear a flap jacket to protect his ribs, but if he receives a crushing blow by AW, that might change his status.

cardsfan89

Registered
Reaction score
Saints media saying he is not expected to play.... But will dress, lead them on field, be a captain, and just generally make the crowd explode.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Saints media saying he is not expected to play.... But will dress, lead them on field, be a captain, and just generally make the crowd explode.

That's just rediculous. Cmon Saints, act like you've been in a big game before....... oh yeah, you haven't. :)

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Just one of my defensive concerns is CAN MONTY step UP and plug the gap like a healthy Gerald Hayes can??? Beisel is about 3 inches taller and about 2 lbs less than Hayes Meaning Hayes has a lower center of gravity and brings a bigger stopping load at the point of attack against the big o-lineman.

Gerald has bigger and shorter legs,coming from a past offensive lineman they are harder to move than the taller leaner guys.Look how well stumpy London Fletcher has done in his no pro bowl career,even tho the leading tackler in the NFL for the last 9 years.

Monty Beisel will have to play the game of his LIFE,with Hayes due back IF we WIN!!!Monty needs to give his body up in this game.Wish I could talk with him personally.Not to sound presumptive.His play will be key unless Awesome Coach Davis has an answer with our depth if he see's the saints successfull running the ball.

Making the saints one demensional with the exception of the trick plays they will attempt and the screens to Bush I think Haggans will sniff out.Not sure Okeafor will play the screens as well(due to his unproclaimed back problems).Many on our team are playing with a back conditions not reported.Lutui the latest.

GOD Bless Monty and his season freshness.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's the most absurd thing I have ever heard. (NFL wise)

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Maybe we should sign Aeneas Williams, Jake Plummer and Larry Centers to give us an emotional boost. Hell, where is Conrad Dobler??

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will they make the poor guy hold one of those silly umbrellas?

Ugh, what a confederacy of dunces...:)

doctorj2u

Reaction score
You have no idea what Deuce means to Saints fans. He is probably one of the most loved and respected players ever to put on a Saints jersey. Not only was he great on the field, but he did a tremendous amount of work in the community in the years after Katrina. He never wanted any publicity for his good deeds either. He is a humble, humble human being. He was injured and told he would never make it back to the NFL. Not only did he make it back, but he had an unbelievable year. I will NEVER forget the last time the Saints were in the playoffs in NOLA. He carried the entire Eagle defense on his back into the endzone for a touchdown. His heart was a lesson for the city, which was also injured and working hard to comeback. It was a sad day when he left the Saints after his second injury. Still the honorable man he is, he bought a full page ad in the local paper to thank the fans for their support. The last years have not been kind to Deuce. He owned a car dealership in MS and was caught in the recent economic meltdown. He had to declare bankruptcy. This is a great move for the Saints, for the fans, and for Deuce. As a little old lady just said on the radio "Thank you Jesus!".

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have no idea what Deuce means to Saints fans. He is probably one of the most loved and respected players ever to put on a Saints jersey. Not only was he great on the field, but he did a tremendous amount of work in the community in the years after Katrina. He never wanted any publicity for his good deeds either. He is a humble, humble human being. He was injured and told he would never make it back to the NFL. Not only did he make it back, but he had an unbelievable year. I will NEVER forget the last time the Saints were in the playoffs in NOLA. He carried the entire Eagle defense on his back into the endzone for a touchdown. His heart was a lesson for the city, which was also injured and working hard to comeback. It was a sad day when he left the Saints after his second injury. Still the honorable man he is, he bought a full page add in the local paper to thank the fans for their support. The last years have not been kind to Deuce. He owned a car dealership in MS and was caught in the recent economic meltdown. He had to declare bankruptcy. This is a great move for the Saints, for the fans, and for Deuce. As a little old lady just said on the radio "Thank you Jesus!".

Its lame. If its a move any saints fan or organization needs to help get up for a game in the Playoffs makes it even more silly.

Denzien

Reaction score
That's just rediculous. Cmon Saints, act like you've been in a big game before....... oh yeah, you haven't. :)

So the 2006 NFC Championship Game doesn't count?

It's not like the AZ Cardinals ever played in a Championship game until January of 2009.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I hope PT isn't hurt, meaning 4 RB for a playoff game........4/45? Insane, meaning they're think at other positions.

Denzien

Reaction score
If you guys need that you have NO HEART! JMO.

:shrug:

It's just a matter of perspective I guess - and a matter of culture. You can spin it however you want, but you will never understand the connection Saints fans have with their heroes.

The Saints and their fans were already fired up for this game...to add an extra emotional element to it should really just put things over the top. Just watch and see, should be a great game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05