salary cap room of all 32 teams

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some of those teams are going to have to make adjustments to be able to sign their draftees.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Wow how do the vikings have so much cap room with all of the FAs they signed. I guess randy was making a butt load.

Same thing with the Cowgirls, didn't they just go on a Yankee like shopping spree.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
A good chunk is going...

...to Q.

Any guesses how much?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sundevil81 said:
that means more good fa's for us to sign with our 9.85 mil
Like who? Shuelters is available, but I'm 97.8% sure we won't be contacting him...nor do I think we ought to.

spanky1

Reaction score
Remember......out of that comes $4.3MM for the rookies. As joeshmo has accurately assessed, this leaves us with $5.4MM. The money will be used for Boldin and a "slush fund" of $1.5MM for injury related signings as the season goes along.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
That list may still be usefull if it was April 29th again because thats when it was last updated. That list is almost 2 months old and most of it isnt even close to what it is now.

OP
OP
S

sundevil81

Veteran
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
That list may still be usefull if it was April 29th again because thats when it was last updated. That list is almost 2 months old and most of it isnt even close to what it is now.

what signing have we made since april 29th?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
sundevil81 said:
what signing have we made since april 29th?

It its just the signings or the cuts we have made or what our cap status is. Its the fact that the list is misleading and doesnt show the proper state of the NFL. For example, most of the teams if not all of them all now have enough room to sign there rookies. So dont expect any more big cuts or anything.

The Cardinals signed FB Harold Morrow, WR Charles Lee, OT Ian Allen, OT - Adam Haayer, CB Raymond Walls

The Cardinals released OL L.J. Shelton, TE Lorenzo Diamond, OL Anthony Clement

OP
OP
S

sundevil81

Veteran
Reaction score
releasing big number guys like shelton and clement and signing cheaper lee, marrow etc. i would have to think we have more than the 9.85 in april? but then again my cap experience goes only so far as madden.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sundevil81 said:
releasing big number guys like shelton and clement and signing cheaper lee, marrow etc. i would have to think we have more than the 9.85 in april? but then again my cap experience goes only so far as madden.

Look up at the "stickies" and you'll see joeshmo's thread on the cap. I know he uses stuff from the NFLPA, so it's about as good as someone on the outside can estimate it. IMO, he's erred on the conservative side on the "dead money", but that's okay. I couldn't do better.

Here are the rookie pool numbers:

Rookie pool

I think we'll have roughly 5.5, or so, leftover. It looks like we're serious about using most of that on Boldin.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I think we'll have roughly 5.5, or so, leftover. It looks like we're serious about using most of that on Boldin.

how awesome will that be? At that point ALL of our young talent will be signed for the next four years. The best part about that is once we become a playoff team (which I expect this year) we won't suffer from people picking us apart immediately. This team is gonna be together basically for at least the next 4 years and they're just gonna get better and better. It's really unbelievable how much a difference DG has made within a year and half here.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
how awesome will that be? At that point ALL of our young talent will be signed for the next four years. The best part about that is once we become a playoff team (which I expect this year) we won't suffer from people picking us apart immediately. This team is gonna be together basically for at least the next 4 years and they're just gonna get better and better. It's really unbelievable how much a difference DG has made within a year and half here.
Yup, the roster is pretty much set for years when Boldin gets his new deal and we have a lot of cash to spend. We don't have a QB signed next season and will need some money for that but besides that, the biggest contract we have to give current players is probably when Russell Davis becomes a FA after this season. Dockett could earn himself a new deal like Boldin has if he continues to develop.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
sundevil81 said:

Having big CAP numbers available at this late date is not a positive in my mind. One might view this as a way of ownership to save money rather than improve the team? Only one team had more CAP money than the Cards and I expect it is still that way today. If we use this money to sign Boldin or sign some other need then fine but if we start the season with the highest CAP room in the NFL it clearly tells me ownership is recovering its losses from last year which may make sense if you are one losing the money.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
What if Dansby and Dockett both ask for extensions next year (or new contracts), we may not be able to give them Boldin-like numbers.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Robert Griffith is 35 too, we will need a new FS.

OP
OP
S

sundevil81

Veteran
Reaction score
the titans just released l.schulters a former probowler with 5 good years left, id love to see us bring him in for the right price. i dont think there going to be much of a bidding war on him since most teams dont have the cap room, we could get a deal and lock him up.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread for the title only.

So according to Peter King, the Redskins are the only team with less than $5M remaining in the 2008 salary cap (of $116M).

As of today, their 2008 payroll is +19.5M!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan