Salute to the Cards and Fans

Le Tigre

Reaction score
Bengal fan here. But long-time Cardinal admirer.

It's a tough way to lose...I know, I've been there.

20 years ago I was sitting in Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami for SB XXIII. We had no chance to beat the 49ers, but there we were, up 16-13 with a little under 3 minutes to play. What unfolded last night, brought back a lot of painful memories for me...as it was eerily similar to what happened 20 years ago. I felt just as numb the next day, as you do now.

One thing is for sure...even in losing, savor it all. As with my team, nothing is ever guaranteed for the future. Keep it real...and try, as painful as it is now, to relish where you have come from, and what you attained.

Salute to a great season for you all, and success in the future.

This is a cool site, I would like to hang out here more often.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Thank you Bengal fan. One thing losing over the years does is actually give you a better understanding of football because you are always going over EVERYTHING on why you lost, LOL. As a whole, this is a very educated football board...nice of you to show up

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks man you are welcome here anytime. Yeah it sucks, but I am just as proud of this team as I would be if they had won...I am just void of happiness today. The Cardinals nearly pulled off the biggest come from behind win in the Super Bowl and played in one of the best Super Bowls ever. Nothing to be ashamed of. Time to regroup there is a lot of work to do this offseseason. Best of luck to your Bengals next year, I think you will find them much improved after CJ leaves...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've always had a special place in my heart for losers: Bengals, Cards, Lions, etc.

The Buccaneers were once on that list until guys like Warren Sapp, Keyshawn, etc. got way too obnoxious once they started winning. Hopefully we won't get that way if we start winning with regularity.

Hopefully your Bengals can turn in around, I know you guys had a few decent seasons, only for everything to fall apart again. Just know that all it takes is one good draft/free agency period, and the Bengals could be in the Super Bowl next season. :)

OP
OP
L

Le Tigre

Reaction score
Nothing would please me more...than to have the Bengals represent the AFC in SB 44 against the Cardinals!

But that would mean unseating the present kingpins (in our division). They are not unbeatable...we just haven't been able to figure them out since '05. They are universally hated in our world...even more than Cleveland.

Not going to get into the reasons for our distaste...but you have already experienced some of them, so you probably know.

I mentioned I was a long-time Card admirer. This stems from watching them play in their very first regular season game as the Phoenix Cardinals in 1988 at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium. It was our first game of that season, coming off a strike-shortened 4-11 1987. It took a last-second goal-line stand against the Neil Lomax-led Cards to nail down a win. This win kicked off an early-season streak which ultimately led us to that great, but ill-fated SB XXIII.
I was very impressed with the Cards' gutsiness, and have been a fan ever since.

Now, if we could only find a cure for the illness that is our owner...

Anyhow, as I said, this is a great site. And thank you for the welcome. In the next few weeks, I may be soliciting some personnel information from you all...as I have been put in charge of drafting for the Cardinals in our forum's Mock Draft.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nothing would please me more...than to have the Bengals represent the AFC in SB 44 against the Cardinals!

But that would mean unseating the present kingpins (in our division). They are not unbeatable...we just haven't been able to figure them out since '05. They are universally hated in our world...even more than Cleveland.

Not going to get into the reasons for our distaste...but you have already experienced some of them, so you probably know.

I mentioned I was a long-time Card admirer. This stems from watching them play in their very first regular season game as the Phoenix Cardinals in 1988 at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium. It was our first game of that season, coming off a strike-shortened 4-11 1987. It took a last-second goal-line stand against the Neil Lomax-led Cards to nail down a win. This win kicked off an early-season streak which ultimately led us to that great, but ill-fated SB XXIII.
I was very impressed with the Cards' gutsiness, and have been a fan ever since.

Now, if we could only find a cure for the illness that is our owner...

Anyhow, as I said, this is a great site. And thank you for the welcome. In the next few weeks, I may be soliciting some personnel information from you all...as I have been put in charge of drafting for the Cardinals in our forum's Mock Draft.

LOL the network would probably cancel the broadcast for "Annie" if that were to happen!! :D

I am an admirer of the Bengals as well. I do not envy your off season situation with the possibility of both Housh and Ocho Cinco leaving in the same year. IMO Chris Henry is not a #1 WR. Our off season is questionable as well with the number of key players coming off the books.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah, congrats. You represented well in a game that could have gone either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05