Same Old

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinal Fans!

Two weeks into the season and they are already jumping ship. After drinking too much Kool-Aid they are suffering from a terrible hangover of reality. This team isn't perfect. However it isn't as bad as some people are saying.

I've heard Cardinal's fans after the game say "The Cards didn't deserve to win that game!" What in the world does that mean. If there was a team that didn't deserve to win that game it was the Rams. As poorly as the Cardinal's executed that game they still had a solid chance to win it on that final drive. As a matter of fact I'm still in shock that they didn't win it. When they were driving down that field in those final two minutes I really believed that they would.

Yes this team executed terrible in the red zone. Yes the Defense gave up a big play on the first Rams Drive. But lets not forget what the Cards did do. They for the most part kept the Rams offense in check when they needed to. The Defense got critical stops in the forth quarter to give our offense a few more attempts at winning the game. Marcel Shipp averaged 4.5 yards per carry. Boldin and Fitz are the real deal!

We just need some consistency on our O-Line. This is the first game that all of the starters have played together on the O-Line. Continuity doesn't happen overnight. However I saw a dramatic improvement from week one.

This team is now 0-2. Yet we are only 1 game out of first place in the NFC West. How can people throw in the towel so soon. I think they are cowards. To afraid to get hurt by the Cardinals again. I call them the "Same old Cardinal Fans!"

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Cardinal Fans!

Two weeks into the season and they are already jumping ship. After drinking too much Kool-Aid they are suffering from a terrible hangover of reality. This team isn't perfect. However it isn't as bad as some people are saying.

I've heard Cardinal's fans after the game say "The Cards didn't deserve to win that game!" What in the world does that mean. If there was a team that didn't deserve to win that game it was the Rams. As poorly as the Cardinal's executed that game they still had a solid chance to win it on that final drive. As a matter of fact I'm still in shock that they didn't win it. When they were driving down that field in those final two minutes I really believed that they would.

Yes this team executed terrible in the red zone. Yes the Defense gave up a big play on the first Rams Drive. But lets not forget what the Cards did do. They for the most part kept the Rams offense in check when they needed to. The Defense got critical stops in the forth quarter to give our offense a few more attempts at winning the game. Marcel Shipp averaged 4.5 yards per carry. Boldin and Fitz are the real deal!

We just need some consistency on our O-Line. This is the first game that all of the starters have played together on the O-Line. Continuity doesn't happen overnight. However I saw a dramatic improvement from week one.

This team is now 0-2. Yet we are only 1 game out of first place in the NFC West. How can people throw in the towel so soon. I think they are cowards. To afraid to get hurt by the Cardinals again. I call them the "Same old Cardinal Fans!"

Exactly. I knew there was something different about yesterday. Of course I was disappointed in the loss, but it took 8 penalties... no tds and a horrid last play for the Rams to sneek out with a win...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
clif said:
but it took 8 penalties... no tds and a horrid last play for the Rams to sneek out with a win...

Thats It!
:sarcasm:

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
Exactly. I knew there was something different about yesterday. Of course I was disappointed in the loss, but it took 8 penalties... no tds and a horrid last play for the Rams to sneek out with a win...

Yep, as many times as we shot our selves in the foot during the second half. In the end we still only needed to go 5 yards to win that game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
There are no moral vicotories, there is nothing positive to take out of that game!

If anything, being that close makes the loss that much more devastating.

If Cards cannont put W's on the board there is nothing to be proud of...

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
There are no moral vicotories, there is nothing positive to take out of that game!

If anything, being that close makes the loss that much more devastating.

If Cards cannont put W's on the board there is nothing to be proud of...

No one is proud about the loss.

However just because you lose doesn't mean you cower in the corner waiting for the next loss. You take what you can from that previous game and work on your problem areas.

All I'm saying is that it's time to pick yourself up off the ground and get ready for next week. Crying about last week will do nothing for you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I raise the BS flag. Until this team proves it can play like anything other than a self-destruct button, we have every right to get on their backs about it. No lightening up until we see WINS. Not improvement, not, 'gee, we really tried hard', or 'we deserved to win, and would have, if we hadn't lost'...WINS.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
No one is proud about the loss.

However just because you lose doesn't mean you cower in the corner waiting for the next loss. You take what you can from that previous game and work on your problem areas.

All I'm saying is that it's time to pick yourself up off the ground and get ready for next week. Crying about last week will do nothing for you.

OK coach. I'm ready. Put me back in the game and let me kick some buttockal area. :thumbup:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Cardinal Fans!

You are not supposed to post these until Tuesday.

Anyway, I read this type post the first time on the old Cards Corner board back in 1997. Guy named Netsport usually put them up on Tuesdays. Nothing he said in his positive spin posts ever happended though.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
You are not supposed to post these until Tuesday.

Anyway, I read this type post the first time on the old Cards Corner board back in 1997. Guy named Netsport usually put them up on Tuesdays. Nothing he said in his positive spin posts ever happended though.

Yeah, I remember that guy. Netsport Scott or something was his handle. He even had his own Cardinals website. Wonder what happened to him?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
improvement from week one.

hmm, maybe there's some confluency there, ya think???

i'll remain the same old cardinal fan until the cards ain't the same old cards. until that time, why change?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Stout said:
I raise the BS flag. Until this team proves it can play like anything other than a self-destruct button, we have every right to get on their backs about it. No lightening up until we see WINS. Not improvement, not, 'gee, we really tried hard', or 'we deserved to win, and would have, if we hadn't lost'...WINS.

HARUMPH!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, I remember that guy. Netsport Scott or something was his handle. He even had his own Cardinals website. Wonder what happened to him?

I don't know. Gollin might or Zeno. I still have my CC autographed Cardinals cap that Scott gave everybody at the dinner before the '97 Cowboys game. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago.

Anybody else at that get together?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Stout said:

Yeah, then people will be bitching about how the players aren't playing well enough. Or how the team didn't look good or competent in certain areas. It seems people always find something to complain about.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Stout said:

I agree 100%. Moral victories mean nothing. Our team is an NFL laughingstock year in and year out. Its great to see other teams turning the corner with there new coaches and young franchise QBs (Bengals,Giants) but once again the Cardinals are a loss away from 0-3 and virtually out of any serious playoff contention unless they can then win 9 out of 14 games the rest of the way :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I think they are cowards. To afraid to get hurt by the Cardinals again. I call them the "Same old Cardinal Fans!"

Cardinals Fans cowards?

That is like calling a kamakazzi jet pilot a coward.
:shrug:

But good post.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i'll remain the same old cardinal fan until the cards ain't the same old cards. until that time, why change?

Is that why you've been predicting 8-8 all offseason? Seems to me that you would predict 4-12 if it were the same old cards.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
These aren't the same old Cards not at all.

Now we are just a normal 0-2 where before we were 0-2 hanging onto a really big anchor.

:D

Seriously, the method of operating has changed drastically, the results haven't caught up yet that's for sure but that does happen to a lot of teams that go through normal cycles.

It's just that we've never been past go so it seems the same, were just not taking steps backwards anymore, the forward momentum has yet to materialize.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
The Cards are due for a few breaks. The defense must start fast and make some big plays early instead of giving up a score on the first drive. If they can do that, I like their chances.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser