Saturday is over. That leaves

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly one week to sign seven players, get them here, size them for uniforms, give them physicals and get them up the hill by 5 pm Sunday, Aug.1.

Na ga happen. Until now, I've been pessimistic, but I'm past that into very concerned and will be into certainty mode by Monday morning.

Right now, the probability of any of our top three picks being in camp on time is about 60% or less. Probability of two being in camp 35% or less. Probabilty of all three being in is about 5%.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
exactly one week to sign seven players, get them here, size them for uniforms, give them physicals and get them up the hill by 5 pm Sunday, Aug.1.

Na ga happen. Until now, I've been pessimistic, but I'm past that into very concerned and will be into certainty mode by Monday morning.

Right now, the probability of any of our top three picks being in camp on time is about 60% or less. Probability of two being in camp 35% or less. Probabilty of all three being in is about 5%.

Come on Skkorp stop worrying. The stress isnt good for you! :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ok Skorp.....

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Cards announce 3 or 4 guys signed by Monday evening, one more on Tuesday. Dockett signed by Wednesday, then a lull. Fitz then signs by next Monday leaving Dansby as our only hold out.
Whether this happens or not, it is not going to ruin my enthusiasm on the opening of camp.
Lets face it, Fitz is the guy we really need in here to make this offense go(along with the o-line and McCown stepping up), and help make this team competitive this year. I'm not saying that signing our draft picks is not important, but Green said it himself when he stated the players that are here are the ones that are going to have to get it done.
Does that mean Dockett and Dansby won't contribute this year? Of coarse not. But I don't think either one or both of these guys will come in here and have the impact on our defense equivilant to the impact that Fitz will have on our offense.
Just relax. It's going to be okay.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
I wouldn't be suprised to see the Cards announce 3 or 4 guys signed by Monday evening, one more on Tuesday. Dockett signed by Wednesday, then a lull. Fitz then signs by next Monday leaving Dansby as our only hold out.
Whether this happens or not, it is not going to ruin my enthusiasm on the opening of camp.
Lets face it, Fitz is the guy we really need in here to make this offense go(along with the o-line and McCown stepping up), and help make this team competitive this year. I'm not saying that signing our draft picks is not important, but Green said it himself when he stated the players that are here are the ones that are going to have to get it done.
Does that mean Dockett and Dansby won't contribute this year? Of coarse not. But I don't think either one or both of these guys will come in here and have the impact on our defense equivilant to the impact that Fitz will have on our offense.
Just relax. It's going to be okay.

Fitz will not sign before Dansby. Fitz will be the last one signed. I wouldn't worry about any other player outside of Fitzgerald. I'd expect everyone but Fitz in Flagstaff next Sunday. If Dansby or Dockett aren't there, they'll be there real soon.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lrk27 said:
Fitz will not sign before Dansby. Fitz will be the last one signed. I wouldn't worry about any other player outside of Fitzgerald. I'd expect everyone but Fitz in Flagstaff next Sunday. If Dansby or Dockett aren't there, they'll be there real soon.

I agree with this take. And, I don't think Fitz will be much later than Johnson was last year, if at all.

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe someone needs to tell Graves and Co....IT'S GO TIME!!! Maybe Green can write him a personal letter like the one I got! :D

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CardsRep03 said:
Maybe someone needs to tell Graves and Co....IT'S GO TIME!!! Maybe Green can write him a personal letter like the one I got! :D

:thumbup: right on.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Worry is on the horizon... and moving in fast.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05