Saying it RIGHT NOW!! Boldin to EXPLODE!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Q is going to have a MONSTER game on Sunday! A MONSTER game...

Fitz will draw most of the attention from the Eagles, as he should... Q didn't need any extra incentive, but he is so keyed up for this game, having missed the 2nd half of the Fowlcon game and all of the Panther game. Along with seeing Fitz explode on the national stage (no jealousy there from Q, just more desire to rock!), Q is poised to have the game of his life on the biggest stage he has ever performed!

Breaston will also be a huge factor in this game. But, when the coverage consistently rolls to Fitz, Q will be the man time and again!

It is now Q's turn to make his statement on the national stage. He will not disappoint!

;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He blows up like Fitz did the last game and I have absolutely no doubt that the Cards will resign this guy to an extension. If he is unable to make a significant impact in this game, I'm not so sure anymore.

I hate to see how one game could mean everything for Boldin, but it could.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He blows up like Fitz did the last game and I have absolutely no doubt that the Cards will resign this guy to an extension. If he is unable to make a significant impact in this game, I'm not so sure anymore.

He already had significant impact on one game already only playing one half. :D

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Q's a proud soldier... Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. This game could be his last as a Cardinal. He simply will not disappoint...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already had significant impact on one game already only playing one half. :D

You're only as good as your last game, or so they say in the NFL.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Not trying to sound like a jerk, but even if the Cards lost this weekend haven't they overachieved on a lot of expectations just getting to the NFCC? Would it really reflect all that poorly for Boldin to have a mediocre game with an injury?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trying to sound like a jerk, but even if the Cards lost this weekend haven't they overachieved on a lot of expectations just getting to the NFCC? Would it really reflect all that poorly for Boldin to have a mediocre game with an injury?

I agree that the Cards have overachieved this season. However, with Boldin, they are in a tough spot. They have a lot of decisions to make with money this offseason with everyone that needs to be resigned. The Cards have the money to sign every single one of them if they do it right. We all know that the Cards don't sign contracts the way most teams do though.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I agree that the Cards have overachieved this season. However, with Boldin, they are in a tough spot. They have a lot of decisions to make with money this offseason with everyone that needs to be resigned. The Cards have the money to sign every single one of them if they do it right. We all know that the Cards don't sign contracts the way most teams do though.

Hey, since we're all sitting around with a realtively slow news week for the big game perhaps you feel like elaborating? As someone who doesn't follow the Cardinals too much, what's the distinction they have with contract talks?

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Nobody here is suggesting a loss or poor play by Q this Sunday would reflect badly on him...

"Overachieved"?? That's an intriquing question... Sure, no one expected the Cards to host a NFC Championship game. But, this is the NFL after all. No dynasties (except for the Pats), and parity is the rule...
Over the last 3 years or so, the Cards have done a solid job in the draft and free agency. And while the rest of the world entirely wrote-off Warner, many here knew that Kurt still had plenty left in the tank.
I think it might be more that we have been underestimated versus we have overachieved...

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hey, since we're all sitting around with a realtively slow news week for the big game perhaps you feel like elaborating? As someone who doesn't follow the Cardinals too much, what's the distinction they have with contract talks?

The historical perception of the Cards ownership is that they are cheap and unwilling to pay their stars and key players...
That changed when:

1.) Mike Bidwill, son of Bill Bidwill, took over the reigns.
2.) We opened our new stadium.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hold the ball, Q.

Cross the middle Q.

Make defenders look silly, per usual Q.

Sunday will be a big day for Anquan. He's going to get so many open looks, and those short crossing routes will be there all day with the front seven trying to get to Warner and the secondary focused on Fitz. Q could be in for a ridiculous day.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Sunday will be a big day for Anquan. He's going to get so many open looks, and those short crossing routes will be there all day with the front seven trying to get to Warner and the secondary focused on Fitz. Q could be in for a ridiculous day.

I think the deep middle will be open because Dawkins is a liability there pass coverage and Boldin wont be intimidated to go there. As for the short middle routes I wouldnt be to sure they will be open and could be a trap. They do blitz but that doesnt mean they blitz all 7 guys heck they even blitz just 4 guys and drop back a couple of DL in a zone blitz. They hide where the blitz will come from often and if Warner is on a timing pattern with Boldin in the short middle there could be a couple of guys he didnt think would be there sitting there in zone and thats when INT's happen.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Hold the ball, Q.

Cross the middle Q.

Make defenders look silly, per usual Q.

I hate to even say it, but MLB Bradley has stepped up his game in coverage lately. If the Cards are without a true pass-catching TE for short crossing routes and expect to leave that area entirely up to a slowed Boldin then Q is going to take some seriously hard hits from the LBs and safeties.

While Fitz is clearly the biggest threat, I don't see the Eagles doing more than double coverage on him - hopefully with a faster Mikell over the top on Fitz and Dawkins playing in the center of the field. The secondary depth is surprisingly solid and will probably be on the field in nickel and dime packages a lot with the Cards relying on the passing game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Q has gone on the record stating that the Cards promised him a new deal would be done last offseason, and said that we lied to him. You probably remember the beginning of the year when he was mad and Rosenhaus said that he wanted his client traded.

Fast forward to this next year. The Cards are scheduled to be around 40M under the salary cap. Seems like a huge number, however with Q, Wilson, Dockett all wanting new deals and players like Dansby and Warner free agents, that money will dry up, and dry up quickly.

The Cards should have the money to pay everyone, I'm not convinced that everyone on the current roster stays.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think the deep middle will be open because Dawkins is a liability there pass coverage and Boldin wont be intimidated to go there. As for the short middle routes I wouldnt be to sure they will be open and could be a trap. They do blitz but that doesnt mean they blitz all 7 guys heck they even blitz just 4 guys and drop back a couple of DL in a zone blitz. They hide where the blitz will come from often and if Warner is on a timing pattern with Boldin in the short middle there could be a couple of guys he didnt think would be there sitting there in zone and thats when INT's happen.

The only way we can possibly open up the short middle routes and get the Eagles out of their whacky (but effective) blitzing schemes is to RUN the ball well. Edge and Hightower need to continue to put up meaningful yards and continue to creat a viable threat. If they don't, Kurt will be tested like never before. But if they do, the game will be that much easier for Kurt, and Q will have an ever bigger day!!!
;)

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Q has gone on the record stating that the Cards promised him a new deal would be done last offseason, and said that we lied to him. You probably remember the beginning of the year when he was mad and Rosenhaus said that he wanted his client traded.

Fast forward to this next year. The Cards are scheduled to be around 40M under the salary cap. Seems like a huge number, however with Q, Wilson, Dockett all wanting new deals and players like Dansby and Warner free agents, that money will dry up, and dry up quickly.

The Cards should have the money to pay everyone, I'm not convinced that everyone on the current roster stays.

Good stuff, thanks.

Rosenhaus is a cancer to every team that employs one of his clients.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
The only way we can possibly open up the short middle routes and get the Eagles out of their whacky (but effective) blitzing schemes is to RUN the ball well. Edge and Hightower need to continue to put up meaningful yards and continue to creat a viable threat. If they don't, Kurt will be tested like never before. But if they do, the game will be that much easier for Kurt, and Q will have an ever bigger day!!!
;)

I'm really curious about the loss of Spach this week. By many accounts he was key in improving the running game. Do you think the other TEs will be able to fill his shoes for that role after failing at it for most of the early season?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm really curious about the loss of Spach this week. By many accounts he was key in improving the running game. Do you think the other TEs will be able to fill his shoes for that role after failing at it for most of the early season?

The others failed at it becuase they were injured all year. They are actually healthy and practicing fully not limited for the first time since week 1.

If healthy Pope can do it but he will undoubtedly get at least one false start penalty. Patrick can do it as well if healthy. Spach wasnt a great blocker but he was willing, just like the other two. It will be a slight loss but minimal of Patrick and Pope are healthy for a change, those two are better recievers as well so again if healthy should bring another dimension.

We actually started using an extra OT as a TE on run downs instead of a TE even with Spach healthy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was. The newly resigned Tuman off of the streets will probably get most of the nod during run blocking to be honest. The Cards also went to a jumbo package that was very successful at the end of the game last week.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I have ZERO faith in Pope... He simply sucks at blocking... I do however believe Ben Patrick can do the job in stepping in for Spach. We'll see...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate to even say it, but MLB Bradley has stepped up his game in coverage lately. If the Cards are without a true pass-catching TE for short crossing routes and expect to leave that area entirely up to a slowed Boldin then Q is going to take some seriously hard hits from the LBs and safeties.
Pope and Patrick are both better recievers at TE spot than Spach was, but they have both been hurt all year. Pope is a great target on passing downs but gets atleast on FS a game and is a putrid blocker. I still think Patrick will be a good TE.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pope and Patrick are both better recievers at TE spot than Spach was, but they have both been hurt all year. Pope is a great target on passing downs but gets atleast on FS a game and is a putrid blocker. I still think Patrick will be a good TE.

I still have faith in Patrick as well. He has made some great catches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05