Saying it RIGHT NOW!! Boldin to EXPLODE!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still have faith in Patrick as well. He has made some great catches.
My cousin went to Deleware with him and said he is a pretty smart guy. That along with the athleticism he has already shown puts him ahead of Leonard "Hut, Hut--JUMP" Pope in my book.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Haven't the cards said that Pope is the likely starter?

If they are going with the OT-as-TE on the obvious heavy-package run downs, split time between their two RBs, and have three good WRs then it doesn't sound like they have much room for any dual TE sets.

Do you guys think Patrick (or the guy they just re-signed) will even get in the game?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If they are going with the OT-as-TE on the obvious heavy-package run downs, split time between their two RBs, and have three good WRs then it doesn't sound like they have much room for any dual TE sets.

Do you guys think Patrick (or the guy they just re-signed) will even get in the game?

I don't know if they will come out a lot with the jumbo package. A lot of us fans like the package though.

The Cards don't come out in 2TE sets very often. First of all, they haven't had 2 healthy TE's most of the year. Second, They'd rather bring in an extra WR instead of a 2 TE set.

Not sure if Patrick sees any PT. Confident we won't see much, if any at all 2 TE sets.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if they will come out a lot with the jumbo package. A lot of us fans like the package though.

The Cards don't come out in 2TE sets very often. First of all, they haven't had 2 healthy TE's most of the year. Second, They'd rather bring in an extra WR instead of a 2 TE set.

Not sure if Patrick sees any PT. Confident we won't see much, if any at all 2 TE sets.

Same with the Eagles. Very few dual TE sets. There was a time when for a few weeks a lot of teams had great success and I wanted to see Philly run more dual TE sets, but with the current LJ Smith that desire has long passed.

The Eagles have pinned TE hopes on Celek and so far the guy has delivered. It's hard to tell if he's really something special or just a young guy who happens to play decently in marked contrast to overpaid and fan-disliked LJ. When activated they still run LJ onto the field for a few downs. Last week LJ came onto the field, got called for a false start, and was promptly recalled to the sideline. I know I was happy to see it.

Sounds like Pope will be the main TE, then. And it sounds like you guys don't like him very much. I think any failing at blitz pickup are going to outweigh his catching ability in this matchup. The Eagles are still vulnerable to a solid TE over the middle, though, so who knows what we'll see.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same with the Eagles. Very few dual TE sets. There was a time when for a few weeks a lot of teams had great success and I wanted to see Philly run more dual TE sets, but with the current LJ Smith that desire has long passed.

The Eagles have pinned TE hopes on Celek and so far the guy has delivered. It's hard to tell if he's really something special or just a young guy who happens to play decently in marked contrast to overpaid and fan-disliked LJ. When activated they still run LJ onto the field for a few downs. Last week LJ came onto the field, got called for a false start, and was promptly recalled to the sideline. I know I was happy to see it.

Sounds like Pope will be the main TE, then. And it sounds like you guys don't like him very much. I think any failing at blitz pickup are going to outweigh his catching ability in this matchup. The Eagles are still vulnerable to a solid TE over the middle, though, so who knows what we'll see.

As a TE, I think Pope has like 10 false start penalties this year.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Remember, you're talking about the Cards here... no dual TE sets... ever!

;)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ouch. I can understand the fan disdain.

On another note...good to have you here Randomguy, you ask good questions and bring up interesting topics.

I think this will be a very intriguing game...lots of interesting matchups all over the field. Your boys beat us up in Philly, but I think we'll see a much different game this time. Again, between two evenly matched teams in terms of talent, it'll come down to turnovers. The Cards have had bounces go there way recently, hopefully (for our sake) that trend will continue.

In addition, our defense is a different group at home, much more confident and driven by the home crowd. Like a few posters have said before here, the defense goes as Dockett and Antonio Smith go. In the games where those two make an impact, we almost always win. If they are quiet, it's bad news. I expect it to be a very close game, start to finish.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
On another note...good to have you here Randomguy, you ask good questions and bring up interesting topics.

I think this will be a very intriguing game...lots of interesting matchups all over the field. Your boys beat us up in Philly, but I think we'll see a much different game this time. Again, between two evenly matched teams in terms of talent, it'll come down to turnovers. The Cards have had bounces go there way recently, hopefully (for our sake) that trend will continue.

In addition, our defense is a different group at home, much more confident and driven by the home crowd. Like a few posters have said before here, the defense goes as Dockett and Antonio Smith go. In the games where those two make an impact, we almost always win. If they are quiet, it's bad news. I expect it to be a very close game, start to finish.

Thanks. It's fun to go back and forth with opposing fans in a manner that doesn't devolve into a "WILL NOT! WILL TO!" chatter. I like the hear the ins and outs of a team from the people who actually watch them every week.

You guys know your stuff from my limited time here. You should be calling out the "official" site this week for actually disabling new user registrations in the middle of a playoff run. I guess they prefer one big happy group hug over there.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Thanks. It's fun to go back and forth with opposing fans in a manner that doesn't devolve into a "WILL NOT! WILL TO!" chatter. I like the hear the ins and outs of a team from the people who actually watch them every week.

You guys know your stuff from my limited time here. You should be calling out the "official" site this week for actually disabling new user registrations in the middle of a playoff run. I guess they prefer one big happy group hug over there.

Sadly, you wouldn't find this type of knowledge and solid dialgoue over there... you're not missing anything!

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, you wouldn't find this type of knowledge and solid dialgoue over there... you're not missing anything!

From what I've skimmed over there I have no doubts that you are correct.

The best part is that they're starting threads for Eagles/Cards fan discussions. For what - commentary from the two Eagles fans that got registered before the lockdown? Lots of insight there, I'm sure.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Getting this thread back on track, I think I'm as concerned with your secondary as I am with Fitz. You have some underrated talent there for sure. Rod Hood has seen enough of McNabb over the years to help point out a few things to the secondary and McNabb is going to have to be very careful with his throws - a quality he seems to Jeckyll/Hyde with quite often.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Getting this thread back on track, I think I'm as concerned with your secondary as I am with Fitz. You have some underrated talent there for sure. Rod Hood has seen enough of McNabb over the years to help point out a few things to the secondary and McNabb is going to have to be very careful with his throws - a quality he seems to Jeckyll/Hyde with quite often.

Our corners have really stepped it up. Hood has been solid all year, and DRC is... well, you know about him now.
Our weakness in terms of pass coverage are with our two safeties... Both Rolle and Wilson are average to poor pass defenders. They can tackle with the best of them. Wilson is your Dawkins, only younger and faster. Rolle is a playmaker and though he can't cover to save his life, he has a nose for the ball and seems to always be there - where the action is!

Your secondary is pretty damm solid as well... Samuel is of course all-world. Dawkins is the ultimate intimidator. And Mikkel(sp?) seems very solid as well - though I thought he got hurt in the Giant game?

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We can hope that "Q" remembers how he struggled when we played in Philadelphia......and has a little chip on his shoulder. Also...wouldnt mind seeing us get into a little 2 minute offense early, try to get Philly behind early, and maybe pull them out of there "Westbrook" gameplan.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Your secondary is pretty damm solid as well... Samuel is of course all-world. Dawkins is the ultimate intimidator. And Mikkel(sp?) seems very solid as well - though I thought he got hurt in the Giant game?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/injuryreport.html

Mikell might have left for a series but I think he's ok. Lots more Eagles on that injury report so far, but I'm hopeful that all of it is precautionary. Runyan and Westbrook really don't need to practice at this point - might as well heal up.

That's the first I have noticed Bradley's rib injury. Dawkins is always nursing an injury and owns a freaking cooling machine at home that covers an entire leg. Andrews hasn't played in weeks, so whatever. Klecko is an afterthought at FB at best. Demps is mostly a return man so he could be slowed a bit but Jackson can return punts and kicks as needed.

Avant and Buck would be my main concerns on that list. Both are minor names that are good for a handful of clutch first downs.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
The injury link was just updated. Lots of Eagles moved to Full Participation and the Cards punter has a groin injury.

DuMaCac

Reaction score
Q is going to have a MONSTER game on Sunday! A MONSTER game...

Fitz will draw most of the attention from the Eagles, as he should... Q didn't need any extra incentive, but he is so keyed up for this game, having missed the 2nd half of the Fowlcon game and all of the Panther game. Along with seeing Fitz explode on the national stage (no jealousy there from Q, just more desire to rock!), Q is poised to have the game of his life on the biggest stage he has ever performed!

Breaston will also be a huge factor in this game. But, when the coverage consistently rolls to Fitz, Q will be the man time and again!

It is now Q's turn to make his statement on the national stage. He will not disappoint!

;)

i agree! Q usually blows up after he comes back from surgery! OMG is it sunday yet?:bang:

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Apparently it isn't his hammie... Had to do with his hip injury a few years back. That is why he went to a chiropractor...

It is still is hammie, the hip injury as miss aligned some of his tendons, so when he was out with his shoulder injury he was not able to use his legs enough.

He blows up like Fitz did the last game and I have absolutely no doubt that the Cards will resign this guy to an extension. If he is unable to make a significant impact in this game, I'm not so sure anymore.

I hate to see how one game could mean everything for Boldin, but it could.

But, if we go to the superbowl and he had a big game, what then?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read Bickley's latest on Q. Q now says Whisenhunt held him out against Carolina, when Q was ready to play. Whisenhunt says it is not true. Ugly standoff has returned at a bad time.

Looks like Q is using national attention to force the Cards to trade him next year. Personal agenda.

No, I don't believe Q will be a huge factor. But I hope he is - in a positive way.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Read Bickley's latest on Q. Q now says Whisenhunt held him out against Carolina, when Q was ready to play. Whisenhunt says it is not true. Ugly standoff has returned at a bad time.

Looks like Q is using national attention to force the Cards to trade him next year. Personal agenda.

No, I don't believe Q will be a huge factor. But I hope he is - in a positive way.

I stopped reading after the comment in bold... please... :mulli:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I heard Q talk today on NFLN and he said himself that it would not have been very smart for him to play last week. He said of course he wanted to play, but that doesn't mean that he should.

When Bickley stops looking like a crackheaded transvestite hooker I will start reading his stuff.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I heard Q talk today on NFLN and he said himself that it would not have been very smart for him to play last week. He said of course he wanted to play, but that doesn't mean that he should.

When Bickley stops looking like a crackheaded transvestite hooker I will start reading his stuff.

That's it!!! Nice!

;)

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I hope we aren't jinxing it! I can see him having a HUGE game if he is ready to go Sunday. No doubt the Eagles will be focusing mostly on Fitz and that should give Boldin a few opportunities!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05