Scherzer tonight at 7 on ESPN2

Kolo

Reaction score
This was referred to in the draft thread, but I imagine most didn't see it. Max Scherzer is starting for Missouri in a CWS regional game at 7 tonight.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Kolobotomy said:
This was referred to in the draft thread, but I imagine most didn't see it. Max Scherzer is starting for Missouri in a CWS regional game at 7 tonight.

Thanks, def be tuning in

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Scherzer is freakin awesome! He throws extremely hard and is showing great control. Hasn't allowed a run and their in the 6th inning. I can see how scouts project him as a closer because he only throws two pitches, a fastball and a curve (he thorws fastballs it seems 80% of the time). I haven't seen him try to throw anything else. Hopefully he works out as a starter but if not I think he'll make a great closer

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I heard that Sherzer has actually been having arm problems (or shoulder problems, dont' remember which). Was also told that he's a real good guy.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
green machine said:
I heard that Sherzer has actually been having arm problems (or shoulder problems, dont' remember which). Was also told that he's a real good guy.

Shoulder tendonitis is what he recently was having trouble with and is believed one of or possibly the only reason he fell to us (being represented by Boras could have scared away some teams also).

However if the tendonitis isn't an issue (which at this point it doesn't seem to be), they really got a steal in the draft

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
Another Draftee

Oregon State 4, Stanford 3
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Dallas Buck pitched eight strong innings to help Oregon State beat Stanford.

Oregon State catcher Mitch Canham doubled in Bill Rowe for the go-ahead run in the eighth and junior Kevin Gunderson pitched the ninth for his 17th save.

Stanford junior Greg Reynolds (7-6), the No. 2 pick in the major league draft, allowed seven hits and struck out nine. But the 6-foot-7 junior walked in one run and balked in another.

Buck (12-2), a third round pick of the Arizona Diamondbacks, struck out six and walked two.<

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05