Seahawks 58 Cardinals 0: Post Game Thoughts

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lindley has all the talent in the world.

No he doesn't. He was a mediocre player at a mediocre football program & will never be anything more than a clipboard carrier. Those are the facts!

This is exactly why the Cards suck, because they keep trying to pin the franchises hopes on a longshot QB just like you instead of paying the price & trying to move up & grab one that they feel will QB them for 15 years :bang:

FYI Guys like Tom Brady rarely happen

BLRIGHT

Reaction score
No he doesn't. He was a mediocre player at a mediocre football program & will never be anything more than a clipboard carrier. Those are the facts!

This is exactly why the Cards suck, because they keep trying to pin the franchises hopes on a longshot QB just like you instead of paying the price & trying to move up & grab one that they feel will QB them for 15 years :bang:

FYI Guys like Tom Brady rarely happen

I'm not pining my hopes on Lindley. I just don't think that you can judge a QB on his rookie season. Kurt Warner refused to go into a Packers scrimmage because he didn't know the playbook well enough, which put him in the Arena Football League, etc. I will tell you this though: I would take Lindley over #10 draft choice Matt ("Checkdown") Leinart any day!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm not pining my hopes on Lindley. I just don't think that you can judge a QB on his rookie season. Kurt Warner refused to go into a Packers scrimmage because he didn't know the playbook well enough, which put him in the Arena Football League, etc. I will tell you this though: I would take Lindley over #10 draft choice Matt ("Checkdown") Leinart any day!

We will just have to disagree then. Lindleys accuracy will always suck & the only thing that improved KW was the AFL which he admits, then it was pure luck Kurt ever got a chance which he took by the reigns. IMO Leinart was on his way to a solid career until his 2 early shoulder injuries left him gunshy & stole his mojo.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Lindley has all the talent in the world, and he can make every throw in the playbook. The first quarter against the Rams taught us that. But that does not an NFL quarterback make. He can't make the pre-snap reads/adjustments yet, and his decisionmaking is too slow, then he gets flustered, etc. But that's natural for a rookie playing his 3rd and 4th games of his career. If it were up to me, I would start him every game until Hoyer can get ready, slim down the playbook, and tell him to let it loose within the confines of the offense.

Don't care if he can make all the throws if they don't happen to be anywhere near the open receiver. He was terribly inaccurate in college in a weak conference and do you realistically expect that to get better in the pros? It isn't mental with him, it is a lack of ability. His throws are awful, hitting the ground or guys on the sideline more often than being in the vicinity of any receiver.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We will just have to disagree then. Lindleys accuracy will always suck & the only thing that improved KW was the AFL which he admits, then it was pure luck Kurt ever got a chance which he took by the reigns. IMO Leinart was on his way to a solid career until his 2 early shoulder injuries left him gunshy & stole his mojo.

:thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05