Seahawks | Team agrees to terms with R. Davis

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
I don't see Clancy's 7 year NFL career as anywhere near outstanding either.

6 Year Career and he got his first chance to start last year after being behind some really good DT's in Pitt and he did not disappoint.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
john h said:
I am with you. We certainly did not improve as a team by Davis leaving unless you call more money in the bank for the owners.

John you need to get over it. The owners are spending the money which has been proven to you 10 times over, especially this year, yet you still keep beating your dead horse.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
John you need to get over it. The owners are spending the money which has been proven to you 10 times over, especially this year, yet you still keep beating your dead horse.
No kidding. The Bidwill's barely have any more room to spend money and it's 5 months away from training camp.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
6 Year Career and he got his first chance to start last year after being behind some really good DT's in Pitt and he did not disappoint.

And helped the g-men go from 28 to 12 against the run

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

NFL.Com is always messing things up.

# 70 Kendrick Clancy
Position: NT
Height: 6-1
Weight: 305
Born: 09/17/1978
College: Mississippi
NFL Experience: 7

# 98 Russell Davis
Position: DT
Height: 6-4
Weight: 306
Born: 03/28/1975
College: North Carolina

Last edited:

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
NFL.Com is always messing things up.

# 70 Kendrick Clancy
Position: NT
Height: 6-1
Weight: 305
Born: 09/17/1978
College: Mississippi

# 98 Russell Davis
Position: DT
Height: 6-4
Weight: 306
Born: 03/28/1975
College: North Carolina

Clancy was drafted in the 2000 NFL draft so he only has 6 years of NFL experience. An interesting side note is that Clancy was drafted by the Steelers as the pick that immediately followed the Cardinals selection of Darwin Walker in the 3rd round.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im glad they got him, hes not the greatest. our line knows how to block him a little too

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
Davis is going to be a rotational player, not a starter like he was here. I would not say that he was a "cancer", but he was not a pro-bowler either. To call Davis an "outstanding" player calls for a re-definition of the term. Davis, at best, was "slightly better than average".

The Shark
You're right. Davis will be in a pretty deep rotation at the position. Frankly, after we re-signed Rocky Bernard, I was kind of surprised we continued to pursue Davis. I believe the idea is to use him on rushing downs to clog the middle. I think the idea is that while Tatupu has played very well, he is still undersized. Seems to me they're trying to get more beef up front to keep the guards off of him.

Thanks all for the heads up.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Not for nothing, just because I ran across it tonight while we were having this conversation. I have no opinion on what was written, just sharing.

Under 3 best moves -

Edgerrin James to Arizona — It was going to take a mega-buck offer to lure one of the best running backs in the NFL to the desert and the Cardinals made it happen. James got a 4 yearm, $30 million dollar deal from Arizona that includes $11.5 million in bonus money. James is the perfect compliment to Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, and Larry Fitzgerald. Now if they can only get some new offensive linemen.

Under 10 worst moves -

Kendrick Clancy to Arizona — I really appreciated Clancy's honesty when I talked to him about the move to the desert. The solid defensive tackle said it was mainly about the money. And let's officially call it way too much cash with his four-year, $8.1 million deal. Clancy was a decent run stuffer for the Giants last year, but didn't warrant that contract, especially with Rocky Bernard, Sam Adams, Ryan Pickett, among others, still available at the time.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5427756

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
What a load of crap about Kendrick Clancy. We are paying him all of 2mil this season. Yeah, we really threw too much money at him. :rolleyes:

The fact that he says we should of pursued Bernard shows that he has very little knowledge of the defensive scheme Pendergast runs here.

Last edited:

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
vince56 said:
both of them. :cool:

Russell Davis was replaced a week ago by Clancy. We'll add another NT in the draft. Case closed. I'm happier without him in there. He had flashes of adequacy while being the core of our HORRIBLE run defense the last few years. He's a great guy, I met Russell's dad one time and had a nice conversation with him, but I'm not sad to see him leaving the team. I'm hoping he plays a lot for the Hawks, especially when we've got James running the ball.

Agreed. Russell is a decent player who worked hard, but he was a big part of why the run D sucked. Rarely did the guy command a double team, let alone a triple. The Cards needed to upgrade this postion and they did.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What an idiot. The writer must be a Giant fan because the Giants sure were throwing a bitch fit when Clancy ditched them for the Cardinals.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

Johns posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Let it go man...

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
What a load of crap about Kendrick Clancy. We are paying him all of 2mil this season. Yeah, we really threw too much money at him. :rolleyes:

The fact that he says we should of pursued Bernard shows that he has very little knowledge of the defensive scheme Pendergast runs here.
Yup..

If he had just a little knowledge of CP's scheme and how Graves runs this team, then he would know that there were only three DT that this team was interested in (a young run-stuffer) - Kemoeatu, Clancy and Pickett.

spanky1

Reaction score
BACH said:
Yup..

If he had just a little knowledge of CP's scheme and how Graves runs this team, then he would know that there were only three DT that this team was interested in (a young run-stuffer) - Kemoeatu, Clancy and Pickett.

I would venture a guess that we were not interested in Pickett.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
Johns posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Let it go man...

Hey buddy, I like beating dead horses. If we have money in the bank and can improve the OL I am for spending it. If that is beating a dead horse then I plead guilty. Besides, at my age I cannot help myself. I have to wipe the drool from my lips every time I read about another team signing and Ol we might have signed. James was a great sign but we cannot rest on that. We must continue to keep the players that can help and acquire (IMO) two FA OL who can start or be at least better than average backups. At this point we should be better on the OL simply because of no injuries, new coach, and one year of experience. The question is have we improved enough to be a 10-6 team? I do not think so unless this line is a lot better than I imagine. That, is of course a possibility as management at this point would seem to think so. Anyway, you want what I want. We have more in common than differences. I can surely live with that and if you are a Cards fan you are worth having a beer with on Sunday afternoon. Thanks.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redsz said:

I frequently read post that we paid to much money for one player or another. I do not have the experience or knowledge to make such a post. I do know that money in the bank does not win a game. As to the value of the players, the free market competition will always establish that, and not any teams front office. It seems we go into every year in a so called great "CAP" position while the winners seem to be in CAP hell. Yet, year after year the winners remain winners and we remain losers. I guess one of you smarty guys can correlate the winning percentage of teams that start the season with a big CAP number vs those who are not so good in the CAP availability.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
john h said:
I would also.

I might add that I think we are only about three players away from getting over the hump. Unfortunately two of those players IMO would be OL and they cannot come from the draft if you expect to go 10-6 this year. They need to be starting FA OL or at minimum very good or better backups. The third player would be a backup QB who can come in and do the job. Maybe the staff feels our backups can do it now and maybe they are right but I along with many of you are concerned as we are possible one hit away from a 5-11 season. I notice some of the better teams are already picking up the better backup QB's and preparing as they should. I sometimes think we really do not prepare for the worst such as last year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
john h said:
Hey buddy, I like beating dead horses. If we have money in the bank and can improve the OL I am for spending it. If that is beating a dead horse then I plead guilty. Besides, at my age I cannot help myself. I have to wipe the drool from my lips every time I read about another team signing and Ol we might have signed. James was a great sign but we cannot rest on that. We must continue to keep the players that can help and acquire (IMO) two FA OL who can start or be at least better than average backups. At this point we should be better on the OL simply because of no injuries, new coach, and one year of experience. The question is have we improved enough to be a 10-6 team? I do not think so unless this line is a lot better than I imagine. That, is of course a possibility as management at this point would seem to think so. Anyway, you want what I want. We have more in common than differences. I can surely live with that and if you are a Cards fan you are worth having a beer with on Sunday afternoon. Thanks.

Great post....:thumbup: All I was saying is that every move the cards make you seem to think it about saving $. In the past I would agree, but you must admit lately things are a changin...

P.S. I'm not far behind you in age either, so I get the drool thing...:D