Seneca Wallace released

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Browns released QB Seneca Wallace.

After months of trade speculation, Colt McCoy will stick around as Brandon Weeden's back-up. Aside from the tension it will create if Weeden struggles, the move makes sense from both a football and financial perspective, as McCoy is six years younger than Wallace and due nearly $2 million less. The Browns are still risking McCoy turning into the most popular guy in town if their first-round pick struggles, however. Wallace should find a new home before Week 1, perhaps Green Bay, where Graham Harrell has stunk up the joint behind Aaron Rodgers this preseason.

rotoworld

He is 32, but I've always liked him. Plus, he's never thrown for more interceptions than touchdowns in a single season.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of him, but I'm not disgusted with him. Obviously he isn't the answer. But as a backup to skelton? A guy who can maybe get us through this year and not be laughed at if Skelton were to go down or have about 8 horrible starts the first half the season....sure.

But I'd still prefer Garrard, if available. Not sure between Wallace or Matt Moore. One of those two should be available. Guess I'm still waiting to see what happens about that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Garrard as well but I think we are going to roll with Kolb to backup Skelton and have no problem with it now considering the circumstances and the playbook knowledge...but Vince Young would be really psycho cool :D

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I might be one of the only Cards fans who has little or no faith in Skelton.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

I would say most of us don't have much faith in him, we just look at the alternatives and realize we have little to no faith in any of them. I'd put Seneca Wallace on that list. He's a QB who's mostly gotten by with his legs in the past, which is fine but he's 32 now so that is going to be a less reliable solution for him.

If you don't like any of your options, you go with a guy who still has the ability to develop. No point in going with an old vet who you know isn't an answer.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
West Coast QB through and through. We have one of those already. Won't upgrade the position at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If Skelton turns out not to be the guy, and Lindley doesn't miraculously become the guy either, we need a QBOTF, not an old vet that might give us average QB play for a year.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Skelton turns out not to be the guy, and Lindley doesn't miraculously become the guy either, we need a QBOTF, not an old vet that might give us average QB play for a year.

Did you say average? Where do we sign up? :D

NV555

Reaction score
No thank you we might as well ask Derick to come back.

Maybe Max is still interested?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In Madden 13 I got a message that Warner had come out of retirement at age 39. Maybe we'll get him. He's good in the pocket and still has a quick release.

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You're not alone. Dude just doesn't have the vision or accuracy. I dig his toughness and resiliency but he's a #2.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Do you have faith in Kolb or do you just think we're screwed?

I opt for screwed, personally. I don't think one is a significant upgrade over the other. But behind this line we have, I'll opt for Skelton. He's going to get beat up.

Reaction score
You guys don't want him - he was fun as a backup when games were out of control, but it was really frustrating watching him at the end of Holmgren's last season when Hass was hurt - His legs get him out of some trouble, but he doesn't see the field very well and our offense suffered greatly as a result.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How bout that, we happen to be in the market.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You guys don't want him - he was fun as a backup when games were out of control, but it was really frustrating watching him at the end of Holmgren's last season when Hass was hurt - His legs get him out of some trouble, but he doesn't see the field very well and our offense suffered greatly as a result.

Wait... are you talking about Seneca Wallace, or Russell Wilson?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Id take Wallace. Got better numbers than any Cardinal since Warner.

Hes real dangerous on his feet, and if our Oline decides to implode, we'll need it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh my. cards fans dropping quarterback smack on other franchises.

dante alighieri wrote about this...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser