September Games

AZZenny

Reaction score
LOL - since no body seems enthused enough to do series by series anymore...

We fell to 4th place in the pathetic NL West this evening.

peterman

Veteran
Reaction score
now its getting really really pathetic last year was better because we were always out of it this year we jave had so many chances to take full control of this division and we failed each time

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
why wasn't Carlos brought up and why is Melvin going with the veterans? the season is over and the younger guys should get the playing time.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az240zz said:
why wasn't Carlos brought up and why is Melvin going with the veterans? the season is over and the younger guys should get the playing time.
Quentin is not on the 40-man roster. Somebody would have to be taken off of it for Quentin to be put on it.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Drew is also listed on the Active Roster at diamondbacks.com, I didnt think he was ever even put on the 40-man...?

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
We all thought 'Major League Contract' meant on the 40-man, but he never showed up on it before this.

I don't get why he'd be called up since he's really been poor at Double-A. Plus he played tonight - so 40-man, maybe, but I question if he's on the Active Roster right now.

Did anyone else wonder if Clarabell is familiar with his Bullpen when he lifted Vargas in the 6th down just one run? I don't know his pitch count, but with our offense and bullpen, I'd have ridden him as far as possible. Two innings later they have a 6 run lead.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
OK, I walked back into the room from baking cookies and heard Matt Williams say something about 'they decided to start Conor Jackson every day.' Or was he saying if it was up to him that's what they would be doing?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
We all thought 'Major League Contract' meant on the 40-man, but he never showed up on it before this.

I don't get why he'd be called up since he's really been poor at Double-A. Plus he played tonight - so 40-man, maybe, but I question if he's on the Active Roster right now.

Did anyone else wonder if Clarabell is familiar with his Bullpen when he lifted Vargas in the 6th down just one run? I don't know his pitch count, but with our offense and bullpen, I'd have ridden him as far as possible. Two innings later they have a 6 run lead.

His pitch count was 91 after four innings. He was lucky to make it through five innings.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
We fell to 4th place in the pathetic NL West this evening.
If Helton was performing anywhere near his career norm and had Barmes not get injured for the season the Rockies would be ahead of us too. And it appears we made no effort to trade any of the high-priced vets who have led us to this record. This team is an absolute joke.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm baffled as to why the Dbacks would start Estes at this point... Not if as though they're still in contention (even though they're delusioned that they still are) and it's too late to really showcase him for another team that might be in dire need to add a veteran arm (would have to be desperate beyond belief to even consider him) and he doesnt figure into the Dbacks long-term plans whatsoever...

They could have easily promoted either of the E. Gonzalez's or perhaps given someone like a Matt Chico a brief glimpse of the majors, however, perhaps it's best to avoid promoting them up since Melvin and Davis will both discover ways to destroy their arms which it seems is the only area they both excel at....

Edit: I overlooked the 40-man roster situation, but they could very well just release Estes to free-up a spot for a younger pitcher... what purpose does Estes serve anyways other than being this year's Shane Reynolds?

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KLL said:
I'm baffled as to why the Dbacks would start Estes at this point... Not if as though they're still in contention (even though they're delusioned that they still are) and it's too late to really showcase him for another team that might be in dire need to add a veteran arm (would have to be desperate beyond belief to even consider him) and he doesnt figure into the Dbacks long-term plans whatsoever...

They could have easily promoted either of the E. Gonzalez's or perhaps given someone like a Matt Chico a brief glimpse of the majors, however, perhaps it's best to avoid promoting them up since Melvin and Davis will both discover ways to destroy their arms which it seems is the only area they both excel at....

Edit: I overlooked the 40-man roster situation, but they could very well just release Estes to free-up a spot for a younger pitcher... what purpose does Estes serve anyways other than being this year's Shane Reynolds?
Chico couldnt get his act together in AA and was sent to Lancaster, so I doubt he is getting a call-up any time soon. If plugging Estes in the rotation means Ortiz gets some pen time, Im all for it at this point.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
You answered your own question, Lou - They are still delusional.

If we get a new GM and start him on Haldol or Risperdal right away, maybe he'll be non-delusional by Spring Training.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They could release Groom and put Quintan on the 40 man roster.

Boy did they look dull today. I don't understand why Conners, Green and maybe Terroro aren't starting.

My lineup:

1st Clark
2nd Council
ss Cintron
3rd TRacy
LF A Green
Cent S Green
Rf C Jackson
Ca Stinnet

What about you?

az240z

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that may be since I have never seen him play in the outfield. I just want his bat in the lineup of 25 + games.

a240z

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks take the first game in extra innings 4-2. Bullpen goes 6 shutout innings.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Webb gets the win for the Dbacks, assuring Arizona the series win. Nippert gets the start tomorrow as they go for the sweep. :thumbup:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony Clark does it again! 3 run homer in the 9th to take a 7-5 lead.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Tony Clark does it again! 3 run homer in the 9th to take a 7-5 lead.

Clark has two homers and barely missed a third homer. I hope Worrell is not a Diamondback next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan