Seriously...Charlotte?

djohnson

Rookie
Reaction score
It really is disgusting watching overpaid athletes not giving an effort. We need to get somebody in here that actually wants to represent PHX. Sarver/Kerr have their work cut out. Clearly the current players have no interest in playing in PHX. Trade now while we can and let the future start now.

You know it's bad when Lou Amundson is my favorite Suns player.

Reaction score
It seems like Amare has become a cancer for the team. He has given up on the suns. Porter is nt cut out for coaching this team either. I am all for trading Amare and firing Porter.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Charlotte has recently beaten detroit, portland, boston and now phoenix, losing only to the spurs by 2 on a last second play(winning 5/6). LB has them playing way over their heads it appears, or worse diaw is better than suns fans thought.

nowagimp

Reaction score
It seems like Amare has become a cancer for the team. He has given up on the suns. Porter is nt cut out for coaching this team either. I am all for trading Amare and firing Porter.
amare was averaging 29 ppg on 59% FGs at the end of last year then porter took over, figure it out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amare was averaging 29 ppg on 59% FGs at the end of last year then porter took over, figure it out.

I guess it's Porters fault to that Amare has had some of the biggest butterfingers on the team lately. I guess it's Porters fault that baskets Amare used to make with ease facing the basket is Porters fault too. I guess it's Porters fault that average Forward in this league that Amare used to school are now making him look horrible.

The only think having a better offense would do is allow Amare to score more points. It wouldn't solve all of the other problems that Amare has had lately.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's Porters fault to that Amare has had some of the biggest butterfingers on the team lately. I guess it's Porters fault that baskets Amare used to make with ease facing the basket is Porters fault too. I guess it's Porters fault that average Forward in this league that Amare used to school are now making him look horrible.

The only think having a better offense would do is allow Amare to score more points. It wouldn't solve all of the other problems that Amare has had lately.

It's called when players quit believing in the coaching or in other terms quitting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called when players quit believing in the coaching or in other terms quitting.

You just completely ignored what I said. The things I mentioned above are things that are more then just coaching.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
6 f'ing TO's by Amare, and 12 points!? He's become Boris Diaw. If I was the coach I'd bench his sorry ass.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Fire Porter or let him resign asap.

Get a veteran coach.

Figure out what is up with Amare. If he is pouting or trying to get traded, bench him. Don't even think about trading him (which may be what he wants) or playing him a single minute. Bench his a** through the rest of his contract if needed, and make sure he believes he will sit all next year and lose face and marketing $$ and a max contract in 2010. Think he wants to be known as the first ever All-Star Starter to be benched and not allowed a single minute of floor time before and after his All-Star appearance in his team's city?

Then, once he's motivated and playing like an all-star again, trade him for young talent and draft picks.

Of course, if this is due to his knees or some other unkown injury, I take it all back. :)

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Trade them all, including Steve Nash.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just completely ignored what I said. The things I mentioned above are things that are more then just coaching.

But it is related to a thing called lack of effort. Shaq is really trying to carry the load in Porter's style. Unfortunately the rest of the players are not buying into it or are unable to adjust.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare has mailed it in or he has serious knee problems. And with his ego I doubt its the knee because if he had a knee issue he'd definitely bring it up because its a good excuse of how crappy he is playing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare has mailed it in or he has serious knee problems. And with his ego I doubt its the knee because if he had a knee issue he'd definitely bring it up because its a good excuse of how crappy he is playing.

IMO, Amare wants out and to be the man in a running style that gets him the ball.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
But it is related to a thing called lack of effort. Shaq is really trying to carry the load in Porter's style. Unfortunately the rest of the players are not buying into it or are unable to adjust.

Do NOT blame Porter and his tactics for recent losses. It is simply not true.

That system was doing great b4 the loss to Denver. Nash said himself he was feeling very good about the team until a few games ago.

Players' personal slump is the main course. Not only Amare, Barnes is also having a string of bad games, and Nash has been inconsistent game to game.

nowagimp

Reaction score
IMO, Amare wants out and to be the man in a running style that gets him the ball.
Yup, he now knows where he will shine. He probably now knows that Hill and Barnes wont get him the spacing he needs to operate. I mean seriously who is not going to leave those guys open to double amare in the lane? Its also hilarious to note that Diaw is now shooting 43% from 3(2.4 shots a game), so I suppose he is finally devleloping that outside shot.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's where we differ. Out of our starting 5, JRich, Hill and Shaq seem to be playing well. Amare and Nash are the 2 players IMO struggling more then anybody on this team. Barbs until tonight was playing like the Barbs of old.

Maybe it's just me but if was all on Porter I wouldn't see effort from others on this team. I am not absolving Porter as a coach one bit. I said from day 1 he was not the right choice. However, Amare and Nash have to take some responsibility for their own play. Some of Nash's and Amare's tendencies started last year under D'Antoni.

IMO, Nash best basketball is behind him. He is becoming too much of a liability from a defensive and turnover standpoint. A change in coaching is not going to change that. As far as Amare, he has always had Defense problems...even under D'Antoni.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Fire Porter or let him resign asap.

Get a veteran coach.

Figure out what is up with Amare. If he is pouting or trying to get traded, bench him. Don't even think about trading him (which may be what he wants) or playing him a single minute. Bench his a** through the rest of his contract if needed, and make sure he believes he will sit all next year and lose face and marketing $$ and a max contract in 2010. Think he wants to be known as the first ever All-Star Starter to be benched and not allowed a single minute of floor time before and after his All-Star appearance in his team's city?

Then, once he's motivated and playing like an all-star again, trade him for young talent and draft picks.

Of course, if this is due to his knees or some other unkown injury, I take it all back. :)
so in this stalinesque move we back a totally unknown coaching commodity, porter, and screw amare a perennial all star? If this didnt happen after getting rid of 2 rotation players to appease the coach, then I might agree. But everybody is a bum and porter is right is nonsense. Clearly the players have figured out that the suns coach doesnt know how to win with this roster(or them).

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
IMO, Nash best basketball is behind him. He is becoming too much of a liability from a defensive and turnover standpoint. A change in coaching is not going to change that. As far as Amare, he has always had Defense problems...even under D'Antoni.
Bah, the increase turnover problems this year are under porter and come from many places including shaq. Increased turnover are also due to shaqs and hill/barnes man in the lane area, there are no passing lanes anymore. All this crap about milking the clock in the half court to get a "better shot" has led to turnover problems as the defense gets set to defend the suns very predictable offense. As far as shaq plaing well, watching boris shoot that hook over him and drive around him makes me sick, not well.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah, the increase turnover problems this year are under porter and come from many places including shaq. Increased turnover are also due to shaqs and hill/barnes man in the lane area, there are no passing lanes anymore.

Bah...people were complaining last year about Nash horrible passing at times. Your acting like this started this year. Look at the threads even pre Shaq. People were bitching about it last year.

It's just more exposed now because other people are turning the ball over as well. Mainly Amare and Barnes off the bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's where we differ. Out of our starting 5, JRich, Hill and Shaq seem to be playing well. Amare and Nash are the 2 players IMO struggling more then anybody on this team. Barbs until tonight was playing like the Barbs of old.

Notice Nash's name is not included nor Amare... the previous core of the Sun's team. What's the saying, you have to believe.