Shaq issued a restraining order

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nice....
NBA star Shaquille O'Neal has been ordered to steer clear of an Atlanta-area woman who took out a restraining order Thursday.
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Richard Hicks granted Alexis Miller's request Thursday after reviewing her allegations that the basketball player stalked her, threatened her with bodily harm and made harassing phone calls in which he breathed heavily into the phone before hanging up.
Miller, a 23-year-old hip-hop artist known professionally as Maryjane, claimed she ended an intimate relationship with O'Neal last month. She alleged he then threatened to pay performers $50,000 each not to work with her

"It's been very difficult for her," said L. David Wolfe, Miller's Atlanta-based attorney. "Her fears are not only for herself but also the people around her." He said Miller, who has a young son, is "pretty traumatized."
Wolfe said Miller had known the 7-foot-1, 325-pound All-Star center for about a year and a half, and that the two became intimate over the past six to eight months.
The court affidavit quotes an e-mail from O'Neal as saying, "I dnt no who the [expletive] u think u dealin wit u will neva be heard from one phone call is I gotta make now try me. Sho me."
Wolfe said O'Neal, 36, still had not been served the legal paperwork as of early Friday afternoon. O'Neal's agent, Perry Rogers, did not return three phone messages left at his office Friday afternoon. Officials with the Suns couldn't be reached for comment.
Under terms of the temporary restraining order, O'Neal is prohibited from having any contact or even coming within 200 yards of Miller or her 19-month-old son. O'Neal, who resides in Florida, is not the father of the child, Wolfe said.
Both parties are scheduled to appear before Fulton County Superior Court Judge Karen Woodson on Sept. 4 to determine whether the restrictions should remain.
O'Neal has played 16 NBA seasons, winning three league championships with the Los Angeles Lakers (2000, 2001 and 2002) and another with the Miami Heat (2006). He was traded to the Phoenix Suns in February. The pro player was at the center of a controversy earlier this summer when he was caught on YouTube disparaging former teammate Kobe Bryant after the Lakers' loss to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.
O'Neal filed for divorce from his wife Shaunie in 2007 but recently indicated he wanted to reconcile with her.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/08/22/20080822oneal0823.html

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
btw, doubtful Shaq sent that stupid email.

Oh, I dunno. Watch his stupid "freestylin" video again and then think about it. Sounds pretty much like something he'd say to anyone who dumped him. Like he told us himself last February, it isn't a good idea to get him "upset."

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Miller, a 23-year-old hip-hop artist known professionally as Maryjane, claimed she ended an intimate relationship with O'Neal last month.

And coincidentally, O'Neal is now reconciling with his wife.

"I dnt no who the [expletive] u think u dealin wit u will neva be heard from one phone call is I gotta make now try me. Sho me."

LOL, there's Sheriff O'Neal, keeping our streets safe.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Wonder how much alcohol it takes to get Shaq messed up.

"Shaq, this is Maryjane, baby it's over."

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Shaq calls back later:

"I dnt no who the [expletive] u think u dealin wit u will neva be heard from one phone call is I gotta make now try me. Sho me."
":moon: Now, Tell me how my ass tastes.":biglaugh:

Next day:
"Restraining order?? Oh **** What did I say last night????"

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Its time for Shaq to come back to PHX and get in shape for the upcoming season

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On reflection, I guess a guy who would say "now how does my ass taste" on camera, would probably write that dribble in an email.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if the Suns FO ever privately addresses things like the video and this latest embarrassment in any way at all. Both were written up in all the sports media including the AZ Republic and EVT, but the team website never said boo about either one. They did, however, have plenty of space for wonderful articles about Shaunie's new website for kids, the players' wives book sale, the Suns dancers thing, and always big coverage of Shaq's more positive public appearances. Another example: nice article with photos when he was appointed deputy with the MCSO--nothing mentioned when Arpaio said he would have to turn in the badges (after the video). It's probably typical of all team websites but it almost makes them look ridiculous.

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Can't help but wonder if the Suns FO ever privately addresses things like the video and this latest embarrassment in any way at all. Both were written up in all the sports media including the AZ Republic and EVT, but the team website never said boo about either one. They did, however, have plenty of space for wonderful articles about Shaunie's new website for kids, the players' wives book sale, the Suns dancers thing, and always big coverage of Shaq's more positive public appearances. Another example: nice article with photos when he was appointed deputy with the MCSO--nothing mentioned when Arpaio said he would have to turn in the badges (after the video). It's probably typical of all team websites but it almost makes them look ridiculous.

Are you really complaining about a team run web site not posting content that paints the team in a negative light? Really?

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Are you really complaining about a team run web site not posting content that paints the team in a negative light? Really?

Nope, not complaining. My question was actually whether they deal with such situations privately--off the record--or whether they just take the ostrich approach all the way round. Team sites are basically fan sites, I understand that, but they do need to give the fans some shred of credit for brains. They jump at the slightest opportunity to enlarge a pretty PR picture even if it's not team-related, and ignore anything that isn't dripping KoolAid. Why would they think Shaunie's new personal website venture merits article space on the Suns team home site?

There have been many instances across the league when players got bad publicity for one thing or another and the team has at least come up with a "we'll wait and see how it turns out" comment, if not some kind of actual support. Admittedly the "wait and see" approach would only have been appropriate in this last little indiscretion (which may or may not be real). The video was another story, not much they could say--except to Shaq, and I'm wondering if they did.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser