Shipp on PUP

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone remind me, does that mean he can't play this year at all, or does that list not mean that until the season starts?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will be taken off the PUP as soon as he is physicall fit to play which could be in a couple of days or who knows when. However, missing practice time will hurt his chances of making the team.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Someone remind me, does that mean he can't play this year at all, or does that list not mean that until the season starts?

The pup in training camp means you can come back at any time. But that changes when the season starts and you have to stay out for 6 games.

There are more rules to it then that but that is the gist of it.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
az jam said:
He will be taken off the PUP as soon as he is physicall fit to play which could be in a couple of days or who knows when. However, missing practice time will hurt his chances of making the team.

There is no way that Shipp is on the Bubble. He will see a lot of playing time this year and he is needed if we are to have a solid running game. He is clearly the 1st or 2nd best RB on our roster (we don't really know what we have in JJ yet). Shipp provides excellent depth and someone who would be able to start a game and preform well if needed. Even if he isn't the starter, he is going to be used a lot this year. There is no way we cut him. It's not going to happen. He is too valuable to us.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1DS said:
There is no way we cut him. It's not going to happen. He is too valuable to us.

If he has a gimpy leg, and it doesn't get better soon, he will be released.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
He is on it for a hamstring issue. Something other then his foot-ankle injury. I think he'll be fine one of the news reports yesterday said he would likely play one or more days this week.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
He is on it for a hamstring issue. Something other then his foot-ankle injury. I think he'll be fine one of the news reports yesterday said he would likely play one or more days this week.

If it's the same leg it's probably related anyways, you know rehab one injury and cause another.

Hopefully Marcel will be around I think he can still be a very useful RB for this time although I fully expect JJ to be the starter.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1DS said:
There is no way that Shipp is on the Bubble.

Shipp, already slower than Denny Green likes for a back, Green has called him out for not having a nose for the endzone, and he's coming off a horrific injury that's probably destroyed a good chunk of his god-given ability.

Shipp will be lucky to be on the roster on opening day. I personally think he'll be PUP'ed for the first 6 weeks of the season.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I like Hambrick and James Jackson as backups to Arrington. Keep Shipp off the field until he is ready.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I like Hambrick and James Jackson as backups to Arrington. Keep Shipp off the field until he is ready.

Hambrick is on the Pup too, did we pick up James Jackson while I was in Baja?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hambrick is as good as gone. Shipp will be gone if he's not healthy enough to cut the mustard, too.

That said, if he's healthy, I think he's easily our #2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan