Should the Suns send a message to Bowen?

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Time for Burke to earn his salary. A flying knee to the groin could put Bowen into the hospital. Maybe that would not only clean up the series, but Bowen's career. I don't think he's ever been on the other end of a blatent cheap-shot with intent to injure. Maybe he would think a little different if he couldn't have kids anymore.

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
We are talking about sport. Sending someone (even Bowen) to the hospital should never be an option. If the suns do it they don't deserve to win.
This team is strong and don't need dirty method.

This is from Nash:
It’s naturally going to be a little more physical. It means a lot more than the regular season. For everyone, the ambition is heightened, so it is physical. Physical… aggressive… intensity… It’s great and that’s the way it should be.
Some posters here should learn lessons from Nash attitude.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are talking about sport. Sending someone (even Bowen) to the hospital should never be an option. If the suns do it they don't deserve to win.
This team is strong and don't need dirty method.

This is from Nash:

Some posters here should learn lessons from Nash attitude.

Nash is just taking the high road. Do you actually think he condones kneeing people in the nuts as good physical intense defense? No, of course not. Do you think he's happy that Bowen is trying to injure guys right and left? No, of course not.

BUT he'll never actually say it because then he'd get fined and the refs would foul him of of the game in 20 minutes like they did Amare after he complained.

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
Nash is just taking the high road. Do you actually think he condones kneeing people in the nuts as good physical intense defense? No, of course not. Do you think he's happy that Bowen is trying to injure guys right and left? No, of course not.

BUT he'll never actually say it because then he'd get fined and the refs would foul him of of the game in 20 minutes like they did Amare after he complained.

Of course he isn't happy! He will have a great game and doesn't need to send anybody to the hospital to show he isn't. Honestly I don't like Bowen game and I hope he will be suspended for what he did but I don't want him injured.

quick dog

Reaction score
Steve Nash is truly an exceptional person, besides being a great basketball player. Nash would probably make a good President of the USA, although he can not be, and probably would not want to be. Tough, self-controlled, driven, men with leadership skills seem to be hard to find these days.

Go Suns.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
No. Execute the game plan and match their intensity, and we can win. The last game I saw was one player was hacked and here comes the complaining game and and the Spurs are on the transition making an open 3 since the sun player who got hacked was still complaining on the other side of the court. Damn it just play and shut up cause we already know they won't give us a break! Keep playing!!!

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
If the Suns go after somebody, it can't be Bowen. (Frankly, they like the matchups better with him on the floor anyway.)

Tony Parker is the guy they have to target.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
These comments are not reflective of the classy team that the Phoenix Suns are.

Getting "dirty" against Bowen, Duncan, or anyone else is counter-productive.

Success is the best revenge. It always is.

Suns need to rebound better.

Make their free throws

Stop complaining about the officiating while their opponent has gathered in a rebound and flying down the court in transition.

Stop the mental lapses that leave three point shooters wide open.

In other words--Raja Bell had it right today. Playing tougher is not just a physical thing--its also mental.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These comments are not reflective of the classy team that the Phoenix Suns are.

Getting "dirty" against Bowen, Duncan, or anyone else is counter-productive.

Success is the best revenge. It always is.

Suns need to rebound better.

Make their free throws

Stop complaining about the officiating while their opponent has gathered in a rebound and flying down the court in transition.

Stop the mental lapses that leave three point shooters wide open.

In other words--Raja Bell had it right today. Playing tougher is not just a physical thing--its also mental.

That is what I was thinking. Best message to Bowen is to win.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a guy who talks about officiating, but it's strange how the best, consistantly called game of this searies so far, was actually game 2, hmmmm, a 20 point pounding of the Spurs. The worst officiated game, the 3rd game, was a 7 point loss. So, if the refs are even half of what they were in games 1 and 3, then the Suns should pound the Spurs. I re-watched the last game, and I counted the total BLATANT fouls that Duncan SHOULD have been called for, and there was a total of 16. It's amazing how he was only called for 4, all of which were called. I also watched the total amount of fouls that Amare should have been called for and it was 5, but only 2 of the fouls actually called on him were of those 5. So, that means 3 of Amare's fouls that he was called for, weren't fouls on him. Like 2 of the 3 dunk attempts my Duncan. Amare had the 2 from the left side of the basket cleanly and shouldn't have been called for a foul but was. The 3rd dunk attempt by Duncan (from the right side) that started the 3rd quarter, was a true foul on Amare, he caught him on the wrist. And we all know about his 5th foul called on him. That was plainly a rediculous call Amare in the lane against Oberto.

So, I think this series depends more on the way the games are officiated, more than the way the Suns are playing. The Suns, for the most part have played really well, it's the officiating that has stopped their runs and their defensive presence against the Spurs more than anything.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/14/the-debriefing-its-time-to-take-the-skirts-off-suns/

By now, Amare Stoudemire and Tim Duncan are intimately familiar with each others' body odor, chest hair, and dental work. They might respect each other, but they also make each other sick. It's that dislike, that ability to get under an opponent's skin and push them around, that helps make playoff basketball so fantastic.

Unfortunately for the Suns, it's also what's about to send them home early, because they're not nearly as good at it as the Spurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05